Soho Road Utteh

Dukh Nivaran

i agree that the picture is wrong to an extent..

i could go into about 5 of my locals and in each one i'd see a singh with a pagh and with a full beard, having a pint..

in a sense it works both ways, its not showing you a lie exactly is it?!

:whs:

You could take the picture down but a person has to just walk a couple of hundred yards on Soho Rd and they'll see Singhs wiv Famous Grouse Whiskey bottles having a Patiala Peg...lol

babbrkhalistan...its ashame more people out there arent as brave as u!if u have a prob talk 2 the person why not?the people on here who are saying dnt clearly wud never have to guts to approach sum1. people are normally understanding. there was a shop in derby with indira gandhis pic in it. i hate seeing it so one day i went it and asked if he cud take it dwn. he asked why i was in teh shop 4 an hour. finally he said ok and did it!!!!!!!

well done man!!!!u keep up good work

I see where you guys are coming from and agree. But imagine in khalistan, would drinking and bhangra be banned?

I'm jsut worried with the youth's mentality that they must interfere with others business that Khalistan is gonna be just like Afghanistan...rules and laws that infringe upon freedom.

Now i'm still all for it, but feel that a huge mentality shift is needed in our "sikh" youth away from this total wrong way of thinking. If someone drinks it is not your business, and bhangra? what the <banned word filter activated> is wrong with that?

I'm glad you're not the only one that feels the same. It seems to me that we're a minority on this website. I've seen countless posts on this forum that make we wonder. I've seen people in real life change into this 'over-religious' Sikh mentality. I know of someone that was mona who you would never have thought of end up keeping his hair. I don't know what made him change but all of a sudden he stopped listening to music, believed dancing was 'manmat' (where did he learn that from?) etc. I really do wonder what happens at these 'Sikh gatherings' such as Sikh camps and so on.

What is wrong with Bhangra? It's part of our culture, its tradition. Why does every Sikh youth I see today want Khalistan? Do they really understand it? Hell it won't even make a difference to the majority of them. I just don't understand what is happening to these kids, it seems they're being brainwashed.

I also feel a divide when I see these guys. It feels like if you're like them, then, you are a great person, but if not then you're looked down upon. Its the same on this website.

It's nice to see youth like the one I described keep his hair etc but not when they 'ban' everything out of a normal lifestyle.

I'm probably gonna get slated for this but I think I needed to get this off my chest. No offence attended and all that :)

I see where you guys are coming from and agree. But imagine in khalistan, would drinking and bhangra be banned?

I'm jsut worried with the youth's mentality that they must interfere with others business that Khalistan is gonna be just like Afghanistan...rules and laws that infringe upon freedom.

Now i'm still all for it, but feel that a huge mentality shift is needed in our "sikh" youth away from this total wrong way of thinking. If someone drinks it is not your business, and bhangra? what the <banned word filter activated> is wrong with that?

I'm glad you're not the only one that feels the same. It seems to me that we're a minority on this website. I've seen countless posts on this forum that make we wonder. I've seen people in real life change into this 'over-religious' Sikh mentality. I know of someone that was mona who you would never have thought of end up keeping his hair. I don't know what made him change but all of a sudden he stopped listening to music, believed dancing was 'manmat' (where did he learn that from?) etc. I really do wonder what happens at these 'Sikh gatherings' such as Sikh camps and so on.

What is wrong with Bhangra? It's part of our culture, its tradition. Why does every Sikh youth I see today want Khalistan? Do they really understand it? Hell it won't even make a difference to the majority of them. I just don't understand what is happening to these kids, it seems they're being brainwashed.

I also feel a divide when I see these guys. It feels like if you're like them, then, you are a great person, but if not then you're looked down upon. Its the same on this website.

It's nice to see youth like the one I described keep his hair etc but not when they 'ban' everything out of a normal lifestyle.

I'm probably gonna get slated for this but I think I needed to get this off my chest. No offence attended and all that :)

Completely agree veer/pan,

But just incase our views contort each others, Khalistan is the ONLY solution. It just mus'nt be run by taliban-sikhs who think that enforcing "sikhi" on people is the way, or the one's who think sikhs can't dance.

I just don't understand how someone can say a sikh cannot dance? If its that easy to be harmfull to your self then there is a huge flaw within the design. Guru sahib made a design that is flawless, that says enjoy life but remember naam, and your guru, and do seva.

I can gaurantee you that there are more chartible people then there are "sikhs". How many times do you see these youths (who are super sikhs) working at the local food kitchen? NEVER, I go twice a week, and i never see antoher sikh, excpet from the one uncle that comes for dinner everday.

/rant

Completely agree veer/pan,

But just incase our views contort each others, Khalistan is the ONLY solution. It just mus'nt be run by taliban-sikhs who think that enforcing "sikhi" on people is the way, or the one's who think sikhs can't dance.

I just don't understand how someone can say a sikh cannot dance? If its that easy to be harmfull to your self then there is a huge flaw within the design. Guru sahib made a design that is flawless, that says enjoy life but remember naam, and your guru, and do seva.

I can gaurantee you that there are more chartible people then there are "sikhs". How many times do you see these youths (who are super sikhs) working at the local food kitchen? NEVER, I go twice a week, and i never see antoher sikh, excpet from the one uncle that comes for dinner everday.

/rant

Exactly. It's very worrying if I'm honest with you.

I've never seen them doing seva either. They're all for arranging these small gatherings but they're never seen near the kitchen. The katche munde and the aunties are the people that do seva. The guys (that I mentioned in my previous post) mum and dad are amritdharis and have been for a while and even they are worried about their sons sudden 'change'. They're just confused. Quite worrying isn't it?

Day before yesterday Prof Darshan Singh was going to come to one of our local Gurdwara and these 'super sikhs' were there protesting. In the end he did not end up coming. The ironic thing is these kids don't even frequent the Gurdwara..