Urgent Benti

DhadiMania

Brav, tarlok singh lotay teaches on tuesdays ask him he si probo one of the most diverse and traditional raagis i know. master of tabla sitar dilruba and sitaar, im sure he can show u some stuff

oh suhar. for sarangi thers a singh at GTB. or ROCKET teaches aswell...so if u wnat the numbers of them two?

whats the name of the singh at GTB? rocket ive heard of. send me their numbers, any idea how much they charge? im thinking maybe ustaad ranbhir singh namdhari, his teacher (surjit singh) learnt from pandit ram narayan (one of the best sarangi masters in the world today), he coming back from india in new year, but till then i wanna learn sarangi basics and then learn with ranbhir singh.

does anyone in leicester have a spare sarangi i can borrow for 2 monthes? inderpal? u know anyone?

also, another q, someone in my family is going in february time to india, ive asked them to get me a sarangi, can anyone reccomend me any good saaj shops in nur mahal/jalandher area? also how much is a sarangi in india? uk ones are around £260. and also what do i need to look for in a good sarangi?

thanks

You could try gurdial and Sons, ill pm you the address as soon as I find it. Im not sure they make Sarangis but they make all the other tanti Saaj. They are based in Jullandhar. However Its best if you know someone who has knowledge of the saaj. He might just sell you a dodgy one (you will find this problem all over India). There are loads of places in Jullandhar like Calcutta music house, gujranwala etc, but there dilrubas etc are not the best, im not sure about sarangi. Ill try and find there address and send them to you.

You could go Jwaadi Taksal in Ludhiana. Its not far from Jullandhar. They Sell instruments really cheap because baba jee does not keep a profit on the saaj. At the Taksal you might want to speak to Principle Sukhwant Singh and ask him for a recommendation. He will take his time out to give you advise. If you have relatives in Delhi, the best saaj can be obtained from Raj musicals. The are expensive, but there saaj are one of the best.