Potential Of War Between India And Pakistan

lsingh

"you misunderstand me, i dont trust hinudstan or pakistan when it comes to sikh welfare. imagine in a war if indian sikh troops were concentrated in e.punjab as they would fight harder near their homes than elsewhere along the border. then if the pak army attacked all along the border and broke through in rajasthan/ gujerat etc. they would move on delhi and central india. but the sikh regiments would create a salient as the e. punjab wouldnt be taken. as the rest of the indian army crumbled (without the sikh regiments) the paks would move furhter into india leaving pockets of resistance (i.e e. punjab). now if we were organised, we could then cut off their supply routes (going through the other parts of the border in rajasthan/gujerat etc) and leave them hapless and at our mercy. that way the khalsa raj could be re-established and we would be safe from our two enemies as their armies would be no more. and this may sound like a long shot but if it does come to war, we cant just sit there and see what fate we are given by others.

and i'm not entirely sure what you mean with your second paragraph, could you explain it some more please?

Chaps My few thoughts on this subject

It is unlikely that war will happen between indo-pak so soon. But at some point in 2- 5 year time ,it is bound to happen. Reasons are many but trigger point will be indus water treaty issue. The moment pakistan find its water sharing is lowered by ristrict river flow due to dam construction , it will attack india with full power. Kashmir is important for pakistan as rivers to punjab flow from that area.

Actaully both countries think they can break other one while they will remain as its is. Pakistan thinks broadly india in 5-6 parts

South india,

Gujrat-maharatsra,

Punjab-haryana-himachal,

Rajistan,

Cow belt (UP,bihar,bengal,madhya pardesh etc ie main power centre of present day india) ,

7 state of north east

While india think pakistan can be divided into 4 parts

punjab,

sindh

balustan

tribal ares

Now I am not sure what will happen whenever war starts. War is alawys bad. May be one country break or both break. But one thing is sure. Both will not remain as its in political boundres term, especially if Neclear war happen. One or both have to breakup

India have opened 15 envoy offices!! in afganistan around border iwth paksitan. India is paying full amount on contrsuting road from kabul to herat a border town near iran. So that afgaitsan depedency on pakistan goes away. Also pakistan making alligatoin that balustucstan freedon struggle is getting help from RAW(indian agency). people in balushistan want more roylty in gas reserves thgat pakistan exports or use.

While kahsmir struggle is fueled by pakistan, it is open thing.

Bomb blasts are happening in regular basis on both countries. Each blame each other.

On sikh's context, I must say, Badal's move of making good terms with Harayana lok dal & BJP is not bad. Things are not good in south asia in middle term years of 2- 5 year time frame.

i'm not entirely sure what you mean with your second paragraph, could you explain it some more please?
Now I get what you are saying, and it makes sense now. My second paragraph meant that war will only make everything worse, and Sikhs should not wait or hope for the destruction of others to improve their life, because war is nothing but destruction for both India and Pakistan, and Punjab will obviously be the worst hit if God forbid war breaks out. In any case, none of us can change anything. The governments and defense forces of India and Pakistan are the biggest decision makers regarding the situation right now. So we have to wait and watch what unfolds, and what is Akaal Purkh's big picture.

And some good insights by sikhizindabad.

""Sikhs" aint ready for nothing. We are quick to give it the large. I will be very suprised if they even twitch. If we did f'all in 1984+ dout we going to do anything now."

nice attitude mate. so all those who spent the next 10 years of their lives fighting hindustan did it for no reason i guess. i'm not having a go at you or anyone, but the reason we're not major players in the region is because we sit on our asses moaning and turning down any chance of organising/protecting ourselves. then we get slapped around and wonder why. if the status quo carries on we can expect a lot worse than what could happen during a war.

""Sikhs" aint ready for nothing. We are quick to give it the large. I will be very suprised if they even twitch. If we did f'all in 1984+ dout we going to do anything now."

nice attitude mate. so all those who spent the next 10 years of their lives fighting hindustan did it for no reason i guess. i'm not having a go at you or anyone, but the reason we're not major players in the region is because we sit on our asses moaning and turning down any chance of organising/protecting ourselves. then we get slapped around and wonder why. if the status quo carries on we can expect a lot worse than what could happen during a war.

you can only be positive for sooo long, am normally the first to get up. But the attitude out there is alot different. Kinda given up.

i', not sure what your comment meant, trusoul are you talking about e. punjab? well if you are all i can say the community there needs as much help as the ones here in the uk or over in canada or america. but the youth movement got voted in in canada so things change, there is always hope. and what e.punjab really needs are people to travel around the state teaching people about gurbani. also we need to send money there from our gurudwaras to help build schools/orphanages/hospitals to counter the influence of the RSS and baptists. we need to give them the opportunity to show they are with us and to show that we didnt abandon them after 84. leaving them out to dry will be the beginning of the end for sikhism.