* Virus Help Needed *

KHA15A

wjkk wjkf

i decided to put this in the general section as i needed the answers quickly. after a virus scan by norton 360 it said i have a virus called packed.generics.200 and that i need to restart in order to remove it, i have restarted and rebooted many times but the message keeps coming up. i even tried to delete the infected file manually but can as it says access denied.please help! thanks!

wjkk wjkf

Run the scan in safe mode.

The reason why you cant get access to this third party application is because it is currently in use, it will always start automatically when you boot. You can try hunt the process down and kill it then delete the file but that would take ages, as many of these programs have process names that are not meant to be found easily.

Safe mode is your best bet. Make sure your AV is fully uptodate before scanning.

(Just my opinion, but im an IT Engineer/Consultant and ive found that Norton, Mcafee etc all slow machines down as they are quite hefty programs. I tend to use AVG. Best thing about it is that its free (well the version i suggest anyway. Have a look on my website on the download page, theres three softwares which i beleive to be more than sufficient to keeping a machine protected. Spybot cleans unwanted third party softwares and virus, AVG is the anti virus software (dont enable daily scanning, scan once every couple of weeks) and CCleaner which i use to clean registry and temp files.

www.London-Repairs.co.uk

WJKK WJKF