Anybody Know What A Koondli Is?

dholki

Gurufateh,

Yesterday a person who believess that sikhs are hindus said to me in his argument that both Guru Nanak and Guru gobind Singh Ji had Kundli's made so they were hindu's. :gg:

Can anybody help me on this as i do not have any knowledge on this subject but want to be able to respond to him and shut his face up.

Another argument he said was that Guru Gobind Singh Ji worshiped Durga which i was able to put him right on.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Dholki---Lovely name! Are you loud enough?...hehe j/k... :p

Next time you see that person give them the BIGGEST smile ever. And just walk away.

Don't waste time in arguments. Your time is precious. You are precious! =)

ਜਹ ਜਹ ਦੇਖਉ ਤਹ ਤਹ ਸਾਚਾ ॥

jeh jeh dhaekho theh theh saachaa ||

Wherever I look, there I find the True Lord.

7 Gaurhee Guru Nanak Dev Ji

ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਝਗਰਤ ਜਗੁ ਕਾਚਾ ॥੪॥

bin boojhae jhagarath jag kaachaa ||4||

Without this understanding, the world argues in falsehood. ||4|

7 Gaurhee Guru Nanak Dev Ji

As far as I know Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not have a Janam Kundli. I believe it was only Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Anyways about why Guru Nanak Dev Ji had one - he was a baby, his family were Hindu and they did it. He did not go out and get one himself. It doesn't mean Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Hindu because he denounced the basics of Hinduism.. ie the sacred thread, deity worship, water throwing at hardawar.

Your friend cannot just look at one thing. He has to look at everything. This is like saying my athesist friend is Religious because when he was born his parents went to Gurdwara to get his name.

Your time is precious. You are precious! =)

Haha! Have u ever thought of working somewhere like childline? :p

i think kundali is type of horoscope where they look at the date and time when you were born, planet positions and stars to determine your future, i could be wrong though.

Yea thats what i kept getting cum up when you search kundli in google!

idiots like him think they are sants when it comes to sikhi and can tell a whole panth that we are hindus but they dont even know mool mantar yet at the same time think they know more about sikhi than the whole panth combined.

ask him if he believes sikhs are hindus then why arent you at gurudwara sahib doing seva, keeping kesh, wearing a dastaar, waking up at amritvela and doing nitnem and why dont you chak amrit. i mean if he thinks sikhs are hindus then he should have atleast done some of the things sikhs do and live sikhi lifestyle. if you really want to shut him up ask him about mool mantar, panj kakaars, about bani and other sikhi stuff.

Thanks for the info...

By the way he was no friend of mine, just some <banned word filter activated> i bumped into who happened to be wearing a kara and talking to somebody i knew about Lohri.

After he challenged me, I did give him some replies but looking back i think what i wanted to express was a bit mixed up and i got a bit flumoxed. He obviusly has had this argument with someone elese before.

But it upset me and i couldn't help going over it in my head afterwards, and then thinking i should have said this..., and mentioned that...

I think though it was a test on me. I shall now endevour to gain knowledge so that if my identity is attacked again in public then i know how to give a good comprehensive reply that makes sense and shuts people up. :) ))))