Akshay Getting Into The Skin Of A Sardar

Dukh Nivaran

how about Ajay Devgan?? Hes a mona Sikh aswell..

His dad is famous action director Veeru Devgan, who is a 'Tarkhan' Sikh (not that I believe in caste). I don't think many people know that he is Sikh, because he hardly mentions about it. I dont know, he has hardly ever mentioned in any interview about being a Sikh... Atleast Jimmy Shergill is proud about his roots and shows that. Ajay Devgan also (reportedly) married in a Gurughar to famous actress Kajol.

Altho I have to add that many Hindu Punjabis conduct their marriages according to Anand Karaj ceremony, for example Bobby Deol.

Most of Bollywood actors (since 50s 60s) are Punjabi Hindus... Actresses usually were of Bengali or other south or west Indian origin. Nowadays there are actors from different backgrounds. I don't know if Dharmendra counts as a Sikh as he and his dad were Arya Samajis. The only 'Sikh' stars (aka known actors, Monas) in Bollywood are Jimmy Shergill and Harman Baweja. Behind the screens, one of India's finest directors is a Sikh, Sampooran Singh Gulzar. Akshay is a Hindu Punjabi, but proud of his Punjabi roots, and also used to visit Gurudwaras with his grandma as a kid. The shabad he sang for T-series was from his childhood (he heard it often in a Gurduwara which he and his grandma visited).

I hope the film has no errors and protrays history correctly...

All the best to the films cast and crew.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Sunnybond singh, U seem to possess lots o knowledge about bollywood. Gulzar is not a sampooran sikh, but a mona. He made a good film Maachis.

Sikhs need to boycott bollywood. Watch hollywood movies like predator, terminator.

Gulzar was a Sardar before... I remember seeing a pic of him with turban and beard. But I think he is an atheist, just like Jagjit Singh. I'm not sure tho.

Lol... Boycotting Bollywood for the crap they show against us? Why not use it as to counter it?

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

I have read in a newspaper that dharmender while filling his nomination from bikaner mention himself as sikh.

I have myself read an interview where Dharmendra was telling how his grandson once came and asked him of which religion they were, and he answered Hindu. His dad was a staunch Arya Samaji, called Kewal Krishan Deol I think. His mom was Sikh, Satwant Kaur Deol.

sisters and brothers

only he/she has the right to be called a sikh who is saabat surat sikh or becoming one

other monas are patits

1. Who are you to judge? If someone is Sikh or not, is between him and the Guru. You can't just judge on the outer appearence, as the inner one is way more important. (I prefer Mona actor/director Mangal Singh Dhillon to most of the SAD people.

2. Patit is a term that can't be used for these Mona's. A Patit is an Amritdhari who has commited one of the 4 Bujjer Kurehits. If someone born in Sikh family cuts hair, it doesn't make him Patit. My phuphar was a Hindu, he became Sikh, but didn't keep Kesh. He does Paath daily tho. Singer Kuldip Manak, was a Muslim before, born as Latif Mohammad. He later converted to and released many devotional albums, altho he didn't keep his Kesh.

Post 1699, there were always more Sikhs that weren't Khalsa than there were Khalsa's. The normal Sikhs would be living in villages and towns, and the Khalsa was residing in the jungles, putting up a stiff resistence against the Mughal/Turk invadors.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF