What's Happened To Panjab Radio

Jallebi

Did anyone listen to the Sweet Sikhi show on Panjab Radio yesterday?

I haven't listen to the Sweet Sikhi show regularly for a while but recently I have ended up listening to the shows and I am shocked how the show has declined so much!

I used to enjoy listening to the shows and actually learnt something from the presenters. But the past month or two that I have listened to some of the Sweet Sikhi shows I started to think what is happening.

Last night someone called Sunjeev or Sunjeet Singh was the presenter and was talking about idol worship. The presenter could barely speak English let alone Punjabi. It's difficult to understand the shows that are meant to be for the english-speaking youth. Then in the show one caller-in rang up and got frustrated with presenter and asked what his view on doing matha-tekh to the Sikh Guru's photos was because the presenter had allowed people to ring in and say its okay to matha tekh to photos. The presenter also agreed it was okay. I just switched off then.

Does anyone know why Sweet Sikhi show has suddenly gone dead in parchaar? The only other show I heard recently by another Sweet Sikhi presenter was by a presenter called hardeep singh and another guy who went on and on about mussalman and blaming the whole Sikh world's problems on mussalman. I have never heard that presenter and his colleague talk about 5 Ks, amrit, gurbani, or reht other than bang on about musallman!

It would be nice if there was more decent youth parchar on radio stations because a lot of people listen.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

To be quite honest Panjab Radio doesnt have a very strict view on Sikhi. Most of the presenters are very punjabi/hindufied when it comes to sikhi. I am not trying to bad mouth or do nindiyaa but they are classified as katabi or textbook version sikhs. When Sikhi is clearly much more than that. And it seems they have proved that once again.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The show now really has declined. The presenters give off a very negative and draining vibe - sometimes it’s quite depressing listening to it.

I remember back in the day Sodhi Singh from Kent and a few other Singh's used to do it and that’s when it was really CK! My lil' brother kept his hair and really got into sikhi because it was the first informative and entertaining Sikh radio show in English...

Sodhi Singh and crew need to make a return to Panjab Radio ASAP!!!!

WJKK WJKF