Kambdi Kalai (rapidshare Links)

Over the past 6 months you might have heard about a new Sikh related film titled "Kambdi Kalaai" by Ish Amitoj Kaur. We had previously posted some info about it on SikhNet news, but I had never seen the film up till yesterday. I just received a copy of the DVD and because I was home sick I had a chance to watch it.

I started watching it, unsure of what to expect since many of the Indian/sikh related films that I have seen tend to be a bit "cheesy", silly or over religious. When it first started my negative mind starting picking at small things with the movie. However, I promptly shut off that "picking" in my head. It is not a multi-million dollar hollywood movie, so you can't expect to see that level of quality in a smaller production such as this. HOWEVER, as I got over that and started to get into the story I realized that it covered some really cool issues that we as Sikhs deal with every day (being a Sikh, cutting hair, identity as a Sikh, relationships, marriage, mocking sikhs, etc).

The story in some ways reminded me of meeting my wife Arjan Kaur (who was not born a Sikh). I felt some parallels in this story with my life, in relation to me drifting from sikhi…and then meeting Arjan who was really into Sikhi and wanting someone for a husband who was into the same. I don't know if I was just in a wierd mood or overly emotional…but I got teary eyed a few times while watching the movie. It was really great seeing how many of the different "issues" they covered in the film.

It is a 60 minute long movie and well worth the watch! I think the film has a great story/message and I encourage all of you to get a copy of it. The film was very well done considering the resources available to produce it. I haven't seen any films that have a regular story line that cover Sikh issues like this. Most of the videos I have seen are more religious (documentary) and one may not relate to that story in the same way as a "movie" format about people in today's world.

It's great to see people create films like these and I hope that these continue to be made in the future. So, support the film, buy a DVD…and in return enjoy a cool story which hopefully you'll get something more than just entertainment from.

rapidshare links

Links Removed

for any quries plz contact faith.loverz@yahoo.com

-----------

mod edit : As you said we need to support sikh films, the only way to do that is to buy them instead of downloading. I have left your email here, so if someone still wants to get the files they can contact you directly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...