Saying No To Seva

gsathwal

firstly to do seva in panj you should be thoroughly vetted in which you can say why you think you are not fit

as far as seva i remember when i was 9 or 10 we went to someone's house for a kirtan and the taksali singhs doing seva asked daas to do a shabad, i made an excuse saying i hadnt practiced and said no like 2 times... later when langar was served i was skipped over by everyone as if i was invisible, then finally one of the taksali singhs doing langar seva gave me some water and said this what you get for saying no to kirtan seva.

I was listening to katha by gyani thakur singh and he was taking about this gursikh who moved this place (in india somewhere cant remember the name) and he went to the gurdwara to have darshan of maharaj and the granthi singh said he should get a akhand path done the gursikh asked how much it will cost and th granthi singh said 20,000 rupees .......the gursikh having faith in maharaj agreed to it, seeing it as an opportunity to do seva. A week later the gursikh was riding has motorbike and was about to ride straight in to a truck, the bike slided and went under the track(gursikh aswell) through the space between the front two wheels. When the gursikh got up him and his bike was perfectly fine and wasnt injured anyway and he was totally suprsied by this.

I can't remeber what happend after, by gyani thakur ji goes on to say that, that 20,000 rupees he spent on the akhand path went to a good cause,if he hadn't done the seva it would have been spent on his hopsital bill for any injuries sustnained in the "collision" with the truck.............so my guess is yh you shoudnt say when you are given seva.

Also in another katha gynai thakur singh ji say u get blessed with the seva of the sangat or guru sahib when maharaj want to kirpa on you.....................