Religious Conversions. For who?

GuruFatehJi.

many must have come across someone or some people who may have converted to another faith. if that happens at one's own will and study, it is understandable that one truly seeks the TRUTH. but where we have crusades and campaigns to approach a certain community to change their course of faith and religion, are they going too far. these days, a faith will convert en mass to their own because they preach that their religion is the only one approved by GOD. the other religions are just lost people. so they go ahead, without prior knowledge of the faith they are appraoching to convert. they spread their word and they preach day and night and count how many people thay have brought to the 'right path'. imagine relgious conflicts, religious wars . . . animosity in the name of religion . . . hatred for the other . . . all in the HOLY NAME OF GOD? are they fighting for GOD? are they killing each other to please GOD. do these people really think that GOD approves of that?

if only we could realise that all religions have the same message. many do know all that and they still go stray. one of the holy scriptures says, 'judge not'. and many of that faith will consider another a 'non'believer', a 'kafir'. have they not judged? what good is that scripture doing them? that scripture has tonnes and tonnes of wisdom and only too often we bring in and add our own to suit ourselves. all holy books and scriptures are useless for someone who just has them under his pillow but has not searched their real essence. what is GOD trying to tell you in those scriptures? more often we take things literally, even from religious books and scriptures. and th

at starts the coversions. one day, someone just stands up and says, 'hey you, your faith does not know GOD better than my faith does! the way you pray will not take you to GOD! you're lost! come and listen what my faith has to say!' and then soon, a poor fellow, is made to believe he was born in the wrong faith as if we are the ones who decide wh

at religion to take birth into. and the newly converted will do his best to follow his new religion. that's fine. but what of his former? and his ex-companions of his faith? will he not also try and explain to them the same way? and the dominos begin falling.

the idea of bringing up this matter is to ask a few simple questions: when all major religions preach about GOD, how to be good, how to be one with HIM, how to love others and tolerate others, then why does one wise religion come and contradict their own teachings? who are we pleasing by converting people for the sake of dominating over the other. is this is a real campaign for truth? what's wrong with us? we have the knowledge but no brains. we have forgotten how to think, how to reason, how to love. all we are doing is building your ego . . . 'me, mine, my' . . . my religion, i'm right, i tell you, you're wrong . . . look how stupid we are becoming. the more we're accumulating our academic achievements, the more we are forgetting what the simple things in our holy books tell us. GOD speaks to us in very simple words. only we think we're clever. foolishness keeps growing like a week until it chokes.

this world is GOD's play. HE's making everything and also annihilates everything. even religions are part of HIS play. we divided ourselves into religions and beliefs, but even then GOD loved us. HE sent HIS messengers to each divide so that we could remember GOD. that's why all the world's scriptures match in may ways becasue the source is the same. today, HE's looking at us from a distance. watching from up above, HE's

witnessing to what lengths we go to in HIS NAME. we are causing suffering upon ourselves because of our stupidity. do you really think GOD is punishing us when HE is 'nirvair' [without enmity]. we are the ones punishing ourselves. we all know how people have made religion into a business. they are selling GOD! they have put a bar code on GOD! we speak against others in our own houses of worrship, we draw swords and guns in the holy abodes, we fight and gouge each other for leadership of a religious premises. HOLY GOD, rescue us! we are lost because we have remembered only ourselves!

we have fallen short of the GLORY of GOD. but HE still loves us. we lie, we fight, we do all bad things in the name of religion and still GOD loves us. one day, we'll stand before him, accounting for our deeds. then what do we have to say? what and who will save us? the very religion we have followed has already been saturated with our ego. we need HIM now because we don't know how we have displeased HIM who has loved us from the day we were born.

L*

Nice article jee ^_^

how to love others and tolerate others
and many of that faith will consider another a 'non'believer', a 'kafir'. have they not judged? what good is that scripture doing them?

Soem scriptures unfortunatly do teach odd things - :T:

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

It's really unfortunate, but the vast majority of people who associate themselves with one religion or another and are considered the "hardcore believers" are the ones who misinterpret the ideals of the faith and try to convert and hate others... :umm:

I'm Glad that Sikhism makes this very clear!!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!