q about ardaas

does the shadow come up and bite you?

No, but whoever gave or gives a damn about their shadow in life, apart from when someone was protecting their life from someone waiting around the corner with a gun ! Then it's best not a have a shadow at all...... :umm:

Hmmmmm....read this !

Guru Granth Sahib

Page 944

He has no form or color, shadow or illusion; O Nanak, realize the Shabad. ||59||

I take that to be a pure description of what God Is Like so eloquently described by the Guru.

You stated...!

your 'shadow' is a reflection of who you are..

for IT to exist YOU have to exist..

get rid of it and you are nothing.

As it is my aspiration, yours probably too and many others who are out there, to be one with GOD HIMSELF, then one cannot ask for a 'shadow' can they ? Back to drawing board for you.....!

:umm:

Guest SikhForLife

haha cunning,

but you are implying my words to something else..

u might want to re read what i have posted ..

the shadow represents the ardaas that you object to.

the shadow represents the ardaas that you object to.

:umm: , well you've corrected yourself, correctly then...! Choices, choices, choices.....Il let it stand there then ! Someone close is shouting 'din' and telling me to get off my PC......!

Guest SikhForLife

rolleyes.gif

modern day ardaas is for the sangat .. so they can remember those who died..and our history

a true ardaas is of naam bani

The False and True prayers are like 'an object and it's shadow'...!
No, but whoever gave or gives a damn about their shadow in life, apart from when someone was protecting their life from someone waiting around the corner with a gun ! Then it's best not a have a shadow at all

you call modern day ardaas false .. like a shadow that we should not care about anymore..

you falsly relate it to God.. by quoting a line out of context of this discussion..

perhaps u need to eat dinner and rethink about what u are saying and wha

t i am saying.

toodles.

have an old gutka (from before 1947 probably) that has a different ardaas compared to a new gutka i got. the old one's ardaas mentions 4 takhts and nothing about the gurudwaras in pakistan that we have been separated from. the new one mentions 5 takhts and the gurdwaras in pakistan.

i didn't know that ardaas can be changed. who has the authority to change it? how many times has it been modified like this? why was there a need to modify and add more to the ardaas?

most importantly, what was the original ardaas written by Gurus?

Isn't all this about the Ardas ?

you falsly relate it to God.. by quoting a line out of context of this discussion..

I didn't write or make up those words, The Guru Himself quoted them. Surely you not saying that The Great Guru is wrong and your or mine inteliigence is higher than His ?

The Ardas you want to believe and make others beleive (I assume) brings pride and ego to one's mind, from all the feats and atrocities committed at the time.

Everything stated in Guru Granth Sahib contradicts that, in that The Gurus, Bhagats, Sants and Others have maintained and if there are any alive today in 2004, will maintain that 'giving up your pride and ego is absolutely essential to attaining' a state of purity as, Gurmukh

The Tenth Guru himself, committed all Sikhs to beleiving only what has been stated in the Guru Granth Sahib after his Departure. Why do something then, that prevents Sikhs or others from achieving that ? :umm:

Guest SikhForLife

it is not pride when u remember those who gave up their life for the sake of freedom.. if anything it makes us humble.. we look at them and we say 'wow im nothing compared to those sikhs who gave up their lives'

i dont see how u feel ur ego and pride rising when u listen to ardaas..

ardaas reminds us of who we are and how we have been shaped from our past.. it is our shadow..