q about ardaas

i have an old gutka (from before 1947 probably) that has a different ardaas compared to a new gutka i got. the old one's ardaas mentions 4 takhts and nothing about the gurudwaras in pakistan that we have been separated from. the new one mentions 5 takhts and the gurdwaras in pakistan.

i didn't know that ardaas can be changed. who has the authority to change it? :T: how many times has it been modified like this? why was there a need to modify and add more to the ardaas?

most importantly, what was the original ardaas written by Gurus?

wow!!!

^_^

Thanks for sharing this with us as I have always wondered about this. I really wanted to see how teh ardas would be like. Could you scan it, if possible, if not, atleast post the whole of it on this board? That would be much appretiated...!! Thanks :umm:

To get to your question, yes, the ardas can be changed, except for the first part about Guru Sahibs. That part (upto Guru Tegh Bahadar Sahib Ji) was written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Chandi Di Vaar so we cant change it. But since the rest of the ardas was made up by Gursikhs and it doesn't come written up anywhere, word-to-word in any Sikh scripture so there is nothing wrong in changing or adding words which relate to current ongoing events, but they just have to be inline with Gurmat.

Thanks for sharing this with us as I have always wondered about this. I really wanted to see how teh ardas would be like. Could you scan it, if possible, if not, atleast post the whole of it on this board? That would be much appretiated...!! Thanks :(

ummm, :D you mean you wanna see the ardaas thats in my old gutka compared to the new gutka?

and thanks for the info ^_^ i didn't know that... :umm::

Thanks for sharing this with us as I have always wondered about this.  I really wanted to see how teh ardas would be like.  Could you scan it, if possible, if not, atleast post the whole of it on this board?  That would be much appretiated...!! Thanks :(

ummm, :D you mean you wanna see the ardaas thats in my old gutka compared to the new gutka?

Yes That's what he means -

I'd liek to read it myself :wub:

and thanks for the info  ^_^ i didn't know that... :umm::

Khalsa Panth can change the Ardaas to be writtne in Gutke Sahibs.

i.e If Khalsa Panth decides that shaheedis regarding 84 should be inclkuded - then they will

bhull chukk maaf

GurFateh

Ardas as we know starts with ‘// Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki’ (Chandi //- It comes after Chandi Charitar at p-119 of first part of Dasam Granth). It was originally composed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. I guess you already know that it recalls the sacrifices made by the our Gurus and many brave Sikhs.

The Dasam Granth is not exhibited or recognised by the Sikh (including) Gurudwaras in the majority, as the Tenth Guru himself gave the SGGS his acknowledgement, as the successor Guru !

1. Who and why has someone brought this into mainstream Sikhism ?

2. The feats commited by the great warriors of the past only increases a man or woman's pride when subjected to history or repeated indoctrination, which contradicts the scripture of the SGGS, for all the teachings of Gurus tells you to remove your pride and ego !

Those who advocate the use of Ardas are False, and give people who follow It, False Hope !

BTW

Guru Granth sahib

Page 795

That which pleases Your Will is good; this alone is Nanak's ardas (prayer). ||4||2||

The word ARDAS is mentioned only 3 times in the Guru Granth Sahib and this sentence tells it all, to anyone wanting know what it really means !

No sire......! You are not priveleged or unpriveleged to know me personally (yet), but I hope to make a true impression on those who can live with, what I write ! :umm:

i think you missunderstood me

I was writing to SATPREET Kaur jee (the starter of this thread)

to post the Ardaas in that Gutka from 47

sorry for being unclear :D

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

Guest SikhForLife

modern day ardaas is for the sangat .. so they can remember those who died..

and our history

a true ardaas is of naam bani