q about ardaas

Sat Sri Akal:

"Those who advocate the use of Ardas are False, and give people who follow It, False Hope ! "

The Guru Sahib advocated the use of Ardaas. The Gurus themselves did ardaas. The Gurus stated that if a Sikh was in need of anything, then Ardaas was to be the mode of asking. Are you calling Guru Sahib false?

"1. Who and why has someone brought this into mainstream Sikhism ?

2. The feats commited by the great warriors of the past only increases a man or woman's pride when subjected to history or repeated indoctrination, which contradicts the scripture of the SGGS, for all the teachings of Gurus tells you to remove your pride and ego ! "

1) Guru Sahib as stated above.

2) The innovation of Dhadi Jathas was a making of Guru Hargobind Sahib. Their purpose was to compose and recite moving poetry of heriocs and heroes in the past to inspire the soldiers to do great feats. The Chandi Di Vaar is a composition which describes the feats of Shiva Sahib's wife, Chandi against demons. This composition was to ignite the fire of heroism in the deferated populace of India. To remember the brave warriors of past does not inflame pride and ego. Rather, it gives a person a goal to achieve. If anything, it gives a person less ego...after reading about such bravery and high standards of the Sikhs and heroes of the past, a person is forced to evaluate self and realize that they are nothing compared to those Saint-Warriors.

By the way, your subtle attempts to create doubt in the Sangat here about Sikhi is not going unnoticed.

The Guru Sahib advocated the use of Ardaas. The Gurus themselves did ardaas. The Gurus stated that if a Sikh was in need of anything, then Ardaas was to be the mode of asking. Are you calling Guru Sahib false?
It's you who has stated here subtly that I'm somehow trying to make out the Guru Granth Sahib is False. I haven't stated that anywhere in my posts, so dont put words in my mouth.

The Guru Granth Sahib mentions the word Ardas at Pages 320, 759 and 795 only. Are you a beleiver of the Guru Granth Sahib....and if you are then tell me where in the Guru Granth Sahib is the Ardas stated ?

An 'Ardas' should be made by any Sikh from the Granth Sahib only. You can use any part of scripture contained within It to make to Ardas to The Lord. So, if you are telling me that I am supposed to using some Ardas which the Guru said, where would it be then ?

1) Guru Sahib as stated above.

2) The innovation of Dhadi Jathas was a making of Guru Hargobind Sahib. Their purpose was to compose and recite moving poetry of heriocs and heroes in the past to inspire the soldiers to do great feats. The Chandi Di Vaar is a composition which describes the feats of Shiva Sahib's wife, Chandi against demons. This composi

tion was to ignite the fire of heroism in the deferated populace of India. To remember the brave warriors of past does not inflame pride and ego. Rather, it gives a person a goal to achieve. If anything, it gives a person less ego...after reading about such bravery and high standards of the Sikhs and heroes of the past, a person is forced to evaluate self and realize that they are nothing compared to those Saint-Warriors.

This is from the Dasam Granth by Guru Gobind Singh. The Gurudwaras aren't supposed to keep this in place of the Guru Granth Sahib, are they ? The Tenth Guru Himself told his Sikhs to only believe 'The Guru Granth Sahib' after his passing or are you denying this as well...? Amd, if reading or listening to this makes you 'humble' then I beleive you ! :umm:

By the way, your subtle attempts to create doubt in the Sangat here about Sikhi is not going unnoticed.

I'm not hiding anything under my 'jacket pocket', everything I have is written is plainly there for everyone to see. Sounds like you dont approve, well Sikhism wasn't made for you alone and neither do you [/b]OWN IT[/b] and I'm entitled to give my opinion just any other member at the Forum, am I not ? :D

Masti i fail to understand what you are saying. Do you mean that the Ardaas given in Sikh Rehit Maryada should not be recited? Please tell us why. Is it because parts of the Ardaas are from Dasam Granth or that Gursikhs themselves have written / accepted words as part of Ardaas even though we don't find them in various Sikh writings?

Please answar.

Bhul chuk maaf.

All I can say here is......!

The only Ardas that Is Acceptable to Our Great Lord and Master, is the one you personally (without intervention from Guru, Sant, Yogi or What) recite repeatedly from the Guru Granth Sahib or from your heart, alone to The Creator Himself, with absolute love at whatever Time you want !

There is no Ardas in the Worlds, Galaxies, Stars, Universes or Milky Way, that can match the Power Of This Prayer, even Maya stand Powerless here !.... :umm:

Guest SikhForLife

masti misunderstands the meaning of ardaas..

masti read and re-read again what i have mentioned above..

no one objecting that bani is a form of 'spiritual ardaas'

masti misunderstands the meaning of ardaas..

masti read and re-read again what i have mentioned above..

no one objecting that bani is a form of 'spiritual ardaas'

Why recite something like a parrot everyday, every occasion, every ritual, every ceremony ? :umm:

why breathe every few seconds ?

Cant resist replying can you......lol ! :umm:

You hit that one on the head as well, breathing only lasts a few tens of years and then you are wasted into a crematorium by the ones you love so much. They dont wait more than 5-15 mins to rid your body out of ther house, yet they professed 'love' for you all those years. I prefer the company of those who have neither of these ills.... :D