Humans

Guest confused

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਜੋ ਜਨੁ ਜਪੈ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਸਦ ਜਾਗੈ ॥

राम नामु जो जनु जपै अनदिनु सद जागै ॥

Rām nām jo jan japai an▫ḏin saḏ jāgai.

That humble being who chants the Lord's Name, remains always awake and aware, night and day.

ਤੰਤੁ ਮੰਤੁ ਨਹ ਜੋਹਈ ਤਿਤੁ ਚਾਖੁ ਨ ਲਾਗੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

तंतु मंतु नह जोहई तितु चाखु न लागै ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Ŧanṯ manṯ nah joh▫ī ṯiṯ cẖākẖ na lāgai. ||1|| rahā▫o.

He is not affected by charms and spells, nor is he harmed by the evil eye. ||1||Pause||

ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਮਦ ਮਾਨ ਮੋਹ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਅਨਰਾਗੈ ॥

काम क्रोध मद मान मोह बिनसे अनरागै ॥

Kām kroḏẖ maḏ mān moh binse anrāgai.

Sexual desire, anger, the intoxication of egotism and emotional attachment are dispelled, by loving devotion.

ਆਨੰਦ ਮਗਨ ਰਸਿ ਰਾਮ ਰੰਗਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਰਨਾਗੈ ॥੨॥੪॥੬੮॥

आनंद मगन रसि राम रंगि नानक सरनागै ॥२॥४॥६८॥

Ānanḏ magan ras rām rang Nānak sarnāgai. ||2||4||68||

One who enters the Lord's Sanctuary, O Nanak, remains merged in ecstasy in the subtle essence of the Lord's Love. ||2||4||68||

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

As a biology enthusiast I felt the need to post...

I would just like to point out that science can never say that something is 100% fact as that is both unwise and the wrong thing to do. What can be done however, is to come up with a hypothesis that undergoes constant tests and expriments until there is no other evidence to suggest anything else otherwise. For example we can say that we are pretty sure that fairies and trolls don't exist, but we can't be 100% positive. If we have no general interest in science that is fine, but we shouldn't be wary of afraid of it. Look at its wonders!

Anyways, ill get over my fascination of it for a minute lol and state my view on this subject...

There is a MAJOR MISCONCEPTION when it comes to the "theory" of evolution and what it actually states. Many in today's society, particularly devout theists/believers who know very little on the subject of evolution, see this theory as one that is heretical and that it was just made up by some old man with a beard in which "evil" God hating scientists have hijacked to to their advantage, to win the "war" on religion and God.

However, if you were to actually study it for yourself and get rid of any premeditated or biased beliefs, you will see that it isn't so much as a theory, but more of a FACT with plenty of evidence and that the theory actually supports Sikhi and to a greater degree, God.

Evolution by the process of Natural Selection refers to the changes that occur within a population over time. The changes that occur specifically relate to a genetic level. As our cells are constantly dividing for either growth or repair, there will a time (whether hundreds or thousands of years) when eventually the genetic code will be altered - and a "mutation" will have arisen within an organism. Not all mutations are beneficial, in many cases it can lead to the death of the organism and thus it isn't passed on to its offspring. However, when "beneficial" mutations arise in the gene pool they like any other, will affect how a gene is expressed and thus affect is most likely to affect an organisms "phenotype" - or, its physical appearance.

For example, if one bird in the population was to have a mutation in its DNA that led it to developing larger wings that consequently made it easier to catch prey, allowing it to get more food and because of this, it is more likely to survive and pass on its genes and with this, the gene for larger wings.

Over time the population will be predominately large winged birds. Thus, evolution has occured and the organism has "evolved".

When people say how can evolution be true, because if we evolved from apes; why are there still apes? The answer is that all life ultimately existed from ONE SINGLE CELL, thus making us all related in one way or another. There is evidence that we share over 500 of our genes with bacteria and over 90% with a banana!!

Over time, when organisms evolve and new species emerge, they begin to branch off or "diverge". Early homo sapiens would begin to evolve in one direction and because apes are perfectly adapted to living in their habitat, they have continued to exist.

People may then ask why we ourselves haven't continued to evolve. The answer to this is that in today's world we control pretty much of our environment. We have food that is readily available in the supermarket, that doesn't require us to go hunting for it, we have warm comfortable homes that we don't have to compete for - thus, we are not exposed to these selection pressures.

When then relating this to God, you can clearly see that... not once does it disprove his existence. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib talks about that befoe the universe came into being, God was in primal meditation and from this, by his will, he created it via the big bang. God is the one that created the elements, the atoms (his building blocks) and it is God that fashioned these in such a way that he allowed the first cell to form in the primordial soup that once covered the earth. From here, many molecules we know today e.g. DNA - the first stable self replicating molecule and amino acids for protein synthesis were formed and from this, the abundance of life we have today came into existence.

You will see however, that fundamental christians and the like, particularly in America will say that this theory is satanical, and that it has no proof etc. because it does disprove the 7 day creation theory.

However, by our understanding of genetics, carrying out series of experiements and not forgetting the countless fossil records, along with it standing the test of time (without it being disproved for over 150 years after it was first written)...im pretty sure that it is actual fact, and that is something we are all going to have to accept....

I hope I haven't offended anyone, as this wasn't my intention. I hope I have helped in some way.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

• 2 months later...

Sikh Religion and Science - http://www.sikhs.wellington.net.nz/Sikh_Religion.pdf

You will see that modern science supports Sikhi. A great book with great references to the Guru Granth Sahib.

Sikhs believe in CREATION and support EVOLUTION. Evolution, changes could be said to be happening right now as we speak and could take thousands of years to occur. If the earth was created, then God created the earth and if the earth was evolved (or evolving) then God created the evolution of the earth.

"The creation came into existence by God's command and all components took their place; from it evolved millions of branches of different types" (sggs)

We believe that ALL CREATURES are capable and have the potential for EVOLUTION within their own species:

'Nature is one but it has been mysteriously endowed with the three properties (of becoming, enduring and disintegeration)' (sggs)

In comparison to humans, however the other species have less capabilities to evolve. Man was once a cave-dweller, is now building many a building, skyscrapers, computers, rockets and exploring other planets. The unique factor in humans is that they are endowed with the faculty reason, which differentiates them from ALL other animals.

We believe the human was created seperate to all the rest of the evolved/evolving creatures in the world today, as God gifted us humans in contrast to other species;

"God created you out of drop of water, and breathed life into you. He endowed you with the light of reason, sense of discrimination and wisdom" (sggs)

"From clay He fashioned your body. He blessed you with the light of reason and clear consciousness. In your mothers womb, He preserved you." (sggs)

As we have come to learn due to modern science that 65-70% of the human body is made up of water, while the brain is 80% water.

Power of the Human (brain)

Differences between species and us humans - we have ability to control and manipulate their surroundings, acquire knowledge and make use of other species to serve them.

Biochemist Isaac Asimov tells us that in a whole lifetime, the human brain can absorb and retain more than one million bits of information where the other species have limited capabilities. Guru Granth Sahib asserts this fact:

"O Human being, you are like the Lord of the world. The other species are subservient to you" (sggs)

Gods message - to the people that may have doubt of Gods power: Mysteries of life

Tobacco mosaic virus - is crystal form and displays no sign of life. As soon as it is dissolved in water it becomes a living organism and starts multiplying itself.

"If God wills (to show you) He can keep an organism alive without breath" (sggs)

Pyrococcus furiousus - it is notable for having an optimum growth of 100'C (a temperature which would destroy most living organisms). Alvin, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute divers went underwater in Pacific Ocean's Galapagos rift in 1977. There they discovered living plants in the underwater volcanic cracks.

They were flabbergasted to find these plants were living by chemosynthesis (converting chemical to food) rather than on photosynthesis by which all plants lived. The water emerges from the hydrothermal vents, ranging upto 400'C!

"Such is our Lord that He provides sustenance even to those (life) that exist on fire". (sggs)

Take care

God Bless all.

• 7 months later...
Guest disagree
Sikhs believe in CREATION and support EVOLUTION.

No

Guru Granth Sahib Ji says we were created in gods image

our gurus have come down in human form

We were never ape people

Disregard this rubbish you have been told and believe in the guru.

Gurbani tells us this is kalyug, and that there was satyug and the other ages way before this. But satyug was millions and millions of years ago, and gurbani talks about how humans were alive at Satyug. Which means the conventional theory of evolution cannot be true. As modern science claims modern humans evolved only 50,000 - 100,000, and before that we were like ape-men. But Gurbani tells us how humans were around for millions of years.

There is now alot of supporting evidence that backs this up, and disproves conventional science. We have been told lies. Look up Michael Cremo's work. its not 100% right but you more or less get the idea. Science don't know much. Before they use to think the world was flat. But all the ancient traditions always knew the planets were round. Also the ancient summerians knew about all the planets in our solar system, thousands of years ago. They have the exact drawings of the sun, and all the planets are in line with the distances from the sun are all correct. Something modern scientists only known recently. type in sumerian planet tablets. look on google images. its so amazing.

I suggest you guys look up the work of David Icke. And type in youtube sons of god from Jordon Maxwell, it exposes the bible perfectly. And even Gurbani talks about the "demi-gods and demons", Gurbani knows all about the aliens. Sikhi is truly a gem. Our Guru is God himself.

But that doesn't necessarily mean humans did not evolve, or that we cannot mutate. It is possible, but not how "conventional science describes". We have been here for millions of years. WE have free enerhy technology available but they are hiding it from us. They know all about the aliens. Don't beleive what im saying, do the research yourselves, seriously the truth is stranger than fiction.

Also did you know scientists don't know what 95% of our dna does? So they labelled it as "junk dna". Research this yourselves. But let me tell you that 95% of dna is not junk at all. They just call it that as they don't know its function. We modern humans of today, have been genetically modified, and we are only using a small amount of our dna. But if you look into quantum physics you will see how consciousness can alter matter. So by your mind you can alter dna- activate or whatever. AS Gurbani says Conquer your mind, Conquer the world.

When the bible says we were made in God's image it means the aliens. The bible is all metaphorical talk about the aliens.

Guys this stuff is mindblowing, look into the names i mentioned. find out for yourselves. But reality is Gurbani is everything it has all the answers. Dasam Granth makes even way more sense. Like it talks about the ancient times. And mentions the humans at the time with the "Gods" e.g Vishnu, Shiva, So how can you beleive what modern scientists say? Who don't even know how to prove Waheguru?

Plus they haven't even been able to find the "missing link", Evolution is just a THEORY. There is still no firm proof/evidence. Thats because its not real. Fact is Guruji says humans were in the Satyug, Satyug was millions of years ago, way before the scientists think we evolved.

Guest NY3HY3

No

Guru Granth Sahib Ji says we were created in gods image

our gurus have come down in human form

We were never ape people

Disregard this rubbish you have been told and believe in the guru.

I think you have the Guru Granth Sahib confused with your bible. No where in Guru Granth Sahib does it say we were created in gods image, the bible says that. We have gods jot in us, but god is not an entity that can be quantified with human traits.

On the main topic, why does it matter where we come from. Why are we going to waste today to see what yesterday was?

Evolution doesn't necessarily deal with primatology. There is a thing such as evolution. Evolution occurs when human beings traits change to adapt to their environment.

Guest diagree

I think you have the Guru Granth Sahib confused with your bible. No where in Guru Granth Sahib does it say we were created in gods image, the bible says that. We have gods jot in us, but god is not an entity that can be quantified with human traits.

On the main topic, why does it matter where we come from. Why are we going to waste today to see what yesterday was?

Evolution doesn't necessarily deal with primatology. There is a thing such as evolution. Evolution occurs when human beings traits change to adapt to their environment.

I don't follow the bible,

We were never apes, that's ridiculous.

And we were created in god's image.

Agreed that there is such thing as evolution, but we were most certainly never apes.

I will worry where we came from seeing as it is written in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, if you want to argue with the guru go ahead, read the passage in this thread and understand that it is the absolute truth.

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੋਊ ਬਿਬਰਜਿਤ ਤਜਹੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨਾ ॥

उसतति निंदा दोऊ बिबरजित तजहु मानु अभिमाना ॥

Usṯaṯ ninḏā ḏo▫ū bibarjiṯ ṯajahu mān abẖimānā.

Those who ignore both praise and slander, who reject egotistical pride and conceit,

ਲੋਹਾ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨਹਿ ਤੇ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਭਗਵਾਨਾ ॥੧॥

लोहा कंचनु सम करि जानहि ते मूरति भगवाना ॥१॥

Lohā kancẖan sam kar jānėh ṯe mūraṯ bẖagvānā. ||1||

who look alike upon iron and gold - they are the very image of the Lord God. ||1|| .

ਇਉ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ ॥੫॥

इउ कहै नानकु मन तूं जोति सरूपु है अपणा मूलु पछाणु ॥५॥

I▫o kahai Nānak man ṯūʼn joṯ sarūp hai apṇā mūl pacẖẖāṇ. ||5||

Thus says Nanak: O my mind, you are the very image of the Luminous Lord; recognize the true origin of your self. ||5||

Yeh we were made in his image, our gurus were perfect, they were made in the image of the lord, so what I said was correct.

Guest NY3HY3

I don't follow the bible,

We were never apes, that's ridiculous.

And we were created in god's image.

Agreed that there is such thing as evolution, but we were most certainly never apes.

I will worry where we came from seeing as it is written in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, if you want to argue with the guru go ahead, read the passage in this thread and understand that it is the absolute truth.

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੋਊ ਬਿਬਰਜਿਤ ਤਜਹੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨਾ ॥

उसतति निंदा दोऊ बिबरजित तजहु मानु अभिमाना ॥

Usṯaṯ ninḏā ḏo▫ū bibarjiṯ ṯajahu mān abẖimānā.

Those who ignore both praise and slander, who reject egotistical pride and conceit,

ਲੋਹਾ ਕੰਚਨੁ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨਹਿ ਤੇ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਭਗਵਾਨਾ ॥੧॥

लोहा कंचनु सम करि जानहि ते मूरति भगवाना ॥१॥

Lohā kancẖan sam kar jānėh ṯe mūraṯ bẖagvānā. ||1||

who look alike upon iron and gold - they are the very image of the Lord God. ||1|| .

ਇਉ ਕਹੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਮਨ ਤੂੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ ॥੫॥

इउ कहै नानकु मन तूं जोति सरूपु है अपणा मूलु पछाणु ॥५॥

I▫o kahai Nānak man ṯūʼn joṯ sarūp hai apṇā mūl pacẖẖāṇ. ||5||

Thus says Nanak: O my mind, you are the very image of the Luminous Lord; recognize the true origin of your self. ||5||

Yeh we were made in his image, our gurus were perfect, they were made in the image of the lord, so what I said was correct.

You have misinterpreted the line. With your statement you are belittling god. God cannot be quantified. God is truth, god is everything. Everything is his image. because he is everything. Guru Gobind Singh says he is the straight kharag, as he is the twisted kharag.

If you are going to play gurbani from that angle, Suraj Kiran Milaye Jahl Ka Jahl Hooa Ram, JOTI JOTI RALI SANPURAN THEEA RAM. That is the perfect one. The one who's JOT has become submerged with WAHEGURU's JOT. Everyone else is not perfect, thus only a braham giani is perfect.

In Bachitar Natak, Guru sahib laid out a very brief sketch of history. As he makes his way down talking about people such as bantha, kudhru adith, adhithi, he eventually says there is too much to list. Not that he didn't know everything, he felt it wasn't important. Gurbani says Waheguru has created and destroyed many many times. There is no answer, because God is infinity. God doesn't have a start nor does he have an end. This is not the only universe. Saatho Akaash, Saatho Pataal, Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth both acknowledge that.

What is a an ape, what is a human? Your an advocate of Dasam Granth. Chaubis Avtaar. Beings such as Maach Kaach are listed those weren't humans, were they? What about Hanuman?

Quit being closed minded. With god anything and everything is possible. I'm not here advocating whether we came from a bandar or not, I just find it futile to debate this topic.

Guest disagree

You have misinterpreted the line. With your statement you are belittling god. God cannot be quantified. God is truth, god is everything. Everything is his image. because he is everything. Guru Gobind Singh says he is the straight kharag, as he is the twisted kharag.

If you are going to play gurbani from that angle, Suraj Kiran Milaye Jahl Ka Jahl Hooa Ram, JOTI JOTI RALI SANPURAN THEEA RAM. That is the perfect one. The one who's JOT has become submerged with WAHEGURU's JOT. Everyone else is not perfect, thus only a braham giani is perfect.

In Bachitar Natak, Guru sahib laid out a very brief sketch of history. As he makes his way down talking about people such as bantha, kudhru adith, adhithi, he eventually says there is too much to list. Not that he didn't know everything, he felt it wasn't important. Gurbani says Waheguru has created and destroyed many many times. There is no answer, because God is infinity. God doesn't have a start nor does he have an end. This is not the only universe. Saatho Akaash, Saatho Pataal, Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth both acknowledge that.

What is a an ape, what is a human? Your an advocate of Dasam Granth. Chaubis Avtaar. Beings such as Maach Kaach are listed those weren't humans, were they? What about Hanuman?

Quit being closed minded. With god anything and everything is possible. I'm not here advocating whether we came from a bandar or not, I just find it futile to debate this topic.

Ok Ok, I'll put my hands up and say you're mostly right

But, we didn't come from apes, and I'll stand by that fact.