Sikh Channel

Guest _Sikh Channel_

Guest _Sikh Channel_

I dont mean to offend, well maybe I do. The Sikh Channel is NOT a Gurdwara, why are they begging for money? It is a business nothing else.

If the channel was run by an established Gurdwara I would understand them asking from the "Sangat".

Another thing that annoys me is that they call everyone "Sangat". We are not sangat we are their TV Audience. How can one sangat while sitting in PJ's watching TV with a cup of Tea in one hand?

What do you think?

The Sikh Channel is NOT a Gurdwara, why are they begging for money?
Oh great, an appeal to help a Universal Sikh cause is considered begging now!
It is a business nothing else.
Technically, a Gurudwara is also a business. They get money and they offer services, isn't that a definition of a business?
How can one sangat while sitting in PJ's watching TV with a cup of Tea in one hand?

sqsMgiq kYsI jwxIAY ]

sathasa(n)gath kaisee jaaneeai ||

How is the Society of the Saints to be known?

ijQY eyko nwmu vKwxIAY ]

jithhai eaeko naam vakhaaneeai ||

There, the Name of the One Lord is chanted.

eyko nwmu hukmu hY nwnk siqguir dIAw buJwie jIau ]5]

eaeko naam hukam hai naanak sathigur dheeaa bujhaae jeeo ||5||

The One Name is the Lord's Command; O Nanak, the True Guru has given me this

No where does Guru Sahib mention anything about sitting on floor only, or sitting in PJs or not having tea

It's being run as a 'not for profit' company, so is not a business. It delivers priceless Gurbani straight to your living room - how can we put a price on that? Yet, we who pride ourselves as being one of the most prosperous communities in the UK can't pay £1 a week to ensure it stays afloat.

Personally, I don't even care who owns it or what he does with the money as long as they keep broadcasting Gurbani, katha etc.