How Many Of You Stand Up For Yourselves

virk30

why do so many sikhs in the world fail to defend themselves or fight back when insulted, especially when it comes to muslims

why are so many sikhs so soft now a days and just take crap

and how many of you have no problem standing up and fighting back when ppl try attacking you and your sikhi

why do so many sikhs in the world fail to defend themselves or fight back when insulted, especially when it comes to muslims

and how many of you have no problem standing up and fighting back when ppl try attacking you and your sikhi

I think the answer lies in education. Education about your own faith and the other faiths. Scholars like Kapur Singh who wrote PARASARAPRASNA ,or Puran Singh in Spirit of the Sikh , could stand up and show the differences between the theology of Sikhism vis a vis other religions like Buddhism,Hinduism , Islam etc, and show the superiority of Sikhism, could do so, because they researched into comparative religion. Its when your own Sikhi is in ''dhendi kela'' and you are dwindling away in your faith ,and not bothering to be well read in Sikhi and also have some understanding of other faiths ,and .... how Sikhi is far better, that you are a vulnerable target.

If you get up at Amritvela , do lots of simran,nitnem ,and stay focussed on Sikhi , have taken ,are taking amrit , and getting into gurbani,keertan and sikhi values and morals and principals , Gurujee's power and light will shine on you ,and your forehead and body and life . As Gurbani says ''noor arsoh korsoh jhetieh'. You will look like a lion/lioness shining in radiance and confidence , walking with a straight back ,big smile on yoiur face , whilst at the same time your face makes bad and evil ppl fear you wen u stare at them . When ppl talk to you ,you dont talk like a coward but a lion ,loud and clear and it frightens ppl trying to intimade you and makes them think twice of approaching you . And because you are full of Gurmat and Guru-gyan , and wisdom and Gurujee gives you the power to see thru things and be super-intelligent ,hence they lose to you very fast . Never turn your back to your enemy ,face them direct . Gurujee is with you!

And of cos , every Sikh naujawan ,guy or girl HAS to know self defence . Thats not an option . In today's world ,thats compulsory .

And of cos , every Sikh naujawan ,guy or girl HAS to know self defence . Thats not an option . In today's world ,thats compulsory .
Oh I am so screwed then, never learnt any ofrm of self defense or martial arts :sad:

Nah jee ,its never too late!! I even have inspired (thru Guru's kirpa) white guys to give up their spliffing and go to the gym , and you are trillion trillion and more times better, bcos you are khalsa ,so, go 4 it. I know you are already a very strong fit guy anyway , if u remember our xchange about weight lifting hahaaaaa . a-see ta, tuhadeh tuh, thar thar dar ke, kambdeh ha,hahaaaaaaa .

Nah jee ,its never too late!! I even have inspired (thru Guru's kirpa) white guys to give up their spliffing and go to the gym , and you are trillion trillion and more times better, bcos you are khalsa ,so, go 4 it. I know you are already a very strong fit guy anyway , if u remember our xchange about weight lifting hahaaaaa . a-see ta, tuhadeh tuh, thar thar dar ke, kambdeh ha,hahaaaaaaa .
lol You are a funny guy! mai ta ik shota jeha banda and I'm not being humble here, it is the truth.

I do want to learn some form of martial arts but the clubs are quite expensive, combine that with a gym membership it gets quite expensive. Additionally, lifting weights does make me sore so I doubt I'll be able to do both at the same time anyway. Maybe in the future I will loose interst in weights and join a Muy Thai club instead.

hahaaa just go to 2 thailand ,nr frm where i come ,nd go on thai kick boxing course for 2 weeks. verrrrry cheap . plus qlty asian food there full of cilies . no paronthe unless u go to the bangkok gurudwara where u culd stay . its a relli beautiful biiiig beautiful gurudwara .

and talking about shota , u heard of them tiny tiny thai cilies . now ,THAT can hurt ,even 1 of em in ur mouth,hahaaaaaa

I personally think you need 2 things to be able to combat. 1 is "jigra", which means guts or courage, and thats what you need to do if you are going to strike first. If you are the one who has been attacked and want to respond, then you need the 2nd thing, which is "junoon", or craziness to make sure the attacker doesn't go back in one piece. Martial arts adds onto your assets and qualifications to make sure you can defend yourself. If you don't have jigra, anyone can bully you and get away without you slapping them. If you don't have junoon, you'll get thrashed and will sit and cry. One needs both.

Please correct me if I am wrong

VGJK VGJF

I'm new here so please forgive me if i make any mistakes

Personally I used consider myself a Lion before before I came in to sikhi 4 years ago. Back when I was a chickhen I thought that being a sikh, punjabi and jatt were the toughest people around. But back in my school days sikhs got bullied real bad including me sometimes. As I got older I came closer with sikhi and I'm defending myself more often rather then crying or walking away. Like humkaire has said education can be the backbone for the sikh youth, it was certainly for me. I fear nothing as the son of guru gobind singh ji.

Keeping Kes, proudly wearing a dastar and walking around in sabat soorat is the first step to standing up for Sikhi. The second step is having sabar shakti and the bibek to know what is a cause worth standing for and what is simply a playground fight.