Web Designing And Web Developing

Ozee_Singh

Wjkk wjkf

cud any pls guide a naive like me how to make my 'professional site' my self which cud contain e-commerce as as well as infomation about the services i will be offering...i am on a very low budget and that the reason i am thinking if i cud make my on site on tour and travel

i got to know that there are some site building softwares out there which can help me..so cud any one from the sangat tell me about all these please..

Chardi kala

Bhaji,

I use software called Dreamweaver. It is a little expensive but it is well worth it about £300.

You can knock up web pages in a matter of minutes and you can do all sorts of more complex stuff if you require.

If you are in the UK and you are interested maybe I could send you a copy, save you a bit of money. pm me.

Bhaji,

I use software called Dreamweaver. It is a little expensive but it is well worth it about £300.

You can knock up web pages in a matter of minutes and you can do all sorts of more complex stuff if you require.

If you are in the UK and you are interested maybe I could send you a copy, save you a bit of money. pm me.

Thanks Bundh paji for ur reply..cud sangat shed some more light in realtion to the web site development pls. like the software i shud use design , database and advertisement and promotion of the site of tour and travel.your inuputs are most valued. thanks ..chardi kala

Bhaji,

Thanks Bundh paji for ur reply..cud sangat shed some more light in realtion to the web site development pls. like the software i shud use design , database and advertisement and promotion of the site of tour and travel.your inuputs are most valued. thanks ..chardi kala

the easiest thing would be to use joomla. all the sites now are made in joomla, like sikhroots, gurmatchanan... etc. its easy and you will get all the plug in for free or low cost. if you buy dreamweaver then you have to learn it too and its not that easy you have to know html. with joomla you just have to install plugins which are really easy. go to joomla.org for more info

I have a small doubts ( probably a very foolish one too ) :

I have tried using Joomla today , i was not able to understand a thing .. Do i need to register the domain name before i can do anything with Joomla ?? Believe me i was not able to understand ANYTHING , so i drew a conclusion that domain name registration has to be done before we can use this tool. :p

^ How did you try using it? Did you install it?

There are various Content Management Systems out there built to ease the maintenance/updating of a site. Joomla and Drupal are two of the most popular ones. Joomla has been around longer so there are lots of "bells and whistles" available for it. Drupal is relatively new, but is also built very nicely.

^ How did you try using it? Did you install it?

There are various Content Management Systems out there built to ease the maintenance/updating of a site. Joomla and Drupal are two of the most popular ones. Joomla has been around longer so there are lots of "bells and whistles" available for it. Drupal is relatively new, but is also built very nicely.

Veerji , i cannot install it only .I donloaded a Zip file of Joomla 1.5 Full Version Can't find the .exe file for installing :sad:

lol there is no .exe. No wonder you say you were not able to do anything...

Look here: http://help.joomla.o...nt/view/39/132/ When they say, "Assuming you have a working Apache web server, with PHP and a MySQL Database," It means that either you have to install these first yourself on a machine, or you have to have a domain which provides the above 3.

I have a small doubts ( probably a very foolish one too ) :

I have tried using Joomla today , i was not able to understand a thing .. Do i need to register the domain name before i can do anything with Joomla ?? Believe me i was not able to understand ANYTHING , so i drew a conclusion that domain name registration has to be done before we can use this tool. :p

no u dont have to have a domain .. i think.. you have to have a good server.. with mysql

just get hostmoster hosting or from any of those sites

if u have already done that just follow the rest of the steps below.

i am guessing that u have checked the joomla help i'll tell u what i do.

ok so first you have to make sure that u have a server with my sql installed in. the best thing to do is get space at some hosting website.. cuz you get everything php, mysql, ftp, etc...

when u have that space with mysql installed you need to make a user in my sql (I dont know much about sql usually i use host-monster or host-gator's mysql automatic creation wizard)

then when you download the joomla its in a zip folder... unzip that to a folder and then copy your zip joomla1.5.zip in that folder as well with all the files.

upload that to the root of your server, then just open your site and begin the installation.

when u get to my sql part (the worst part ever to deal with) type in the user that u have created with ur mysql wizard with the password joomla will create all the tables in the my sql database..

after that its just simple just keep on clicking next lol n make sure u install the sample data that helps a lot if ur a beginner.

n thats pretty much it pm me if u need more help :)