The Religion Of Peace?

Jeevan

1. the site is blocked :(

2. I agree with jassa

3. Every religion is a religion of peace, its just the modern way of life that has spoilt religions, if we don't do anything now, Sikhism will become somewhat like a few other religions, if u get the gist of wat im saying...

Bhul Chuk Maaf, WJKK WJKF

Singh the site is not blocked. You can still access it.

What in Sikhi will come like other religions? Maybe someone here can clear your doubts for you.

im in dubai, muslim country, so maybe if its abt islam

Now that makes sense, it doesn't work in dubai, or just your computer is having some malfunctions.

see, if we think of it, wen islam was newly formed, try to compare it, maybe it was just like sikhi in 1700-1800s?

Singh, that's what I'm asking. Tell us which practice of Sikhi you believe don't fit the standard of peace.

Also, at the moment, I see many sikhs who cut their hair and eat meat(i being one of them) so its technically us not following our religion properly?

What does hair cuts have to do with peace. Are people with unshorn hair not peaceful or are people with hair cut not peaceful

Same goes for meat.

If a person is not adhereing to the practices is the dharma to blame or the person? A person does not represent Sikhi, A Sikh represent Sikhi. But this haircut and meat comment your going off topic.

So bring it back to peace and what practices in Sikhi to you believe don't fit the standard or accepted as peaceful practices.

I'm not saying Sikhi is not peaceful, but I am saying that if most of us don't cut our hair, we mite also drink alcohol, which in turn will make us non- peaceful

lol, sorry im actually very new to sikhi, realized sikhi only abt a year ago :)

Im here to learn :D

WJKK WJKF

im in dubai

WHAT!

Where in Dubai? I grew up there!

Jumeirah, then I moved to Arabian Ranches a few years ago..

Sikhism rejected casteism outright, equality for women. Our own Shri Guru Granth Sahib has a writings of an Hindu and Moslem Saints. Guru Nanak written words are a 'balm' to the trial and tribulations in life. What our Gurus preached and died for are the foundations of Human Rights for ALL the people of the world.

If you compare all the world religions - Sikhism is a class on it's own to what it preaches and how our 10 Gurus lived out their lives, the world can learn much from Sikhism.

Long live the Khalsa!!!

exactly.

1. the site is blocked :(

2. I agree with jassa

3. Every religion is a religion of peace, its just the modern way of life that has spoilt religions, if we don't do anything now, Sikhism will become somewhat like a few other religions, if u get the gist of wat im saying...

Singh the site is not blocked. You can still access it.

What in Sikhi will come like other religions? Maybe someone here can clear your doubts for you.

im in dubai, muslim country, so maybe if its abt islam

see, if we think of it, wen islam was newly formed, try to compare it, maybe it was just like sikhi in 1700-1800s?

Also, at the moment, I see many sikhs who cut their hair and eat meat(i being one of them) so its technically us not following our religion properly?

Do a little research my friend and then you will not make such false comparisons.

:)

can u temme wat was on teh site since its blocked for me

thx, WJKK WJKF