Raag Todi On Saranghi.

Guest Bloom

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Kindly no one Slander the Instrumental and its players. (Just sharing Raag Todi on Saranghi). Can press play, and then minimize the screen and listen to the Raag.

In My Opinion,

Very Different to Bollywood Music played in 'Gurdwaras'.

Raag Todi is a Raag of Sri GuruGranth Sahib Ji. Saranghi is also a Gurmat Instrument.

Makes me wonder, when listening to Raag Todi on Saranghi and comparing it to the 'Rock'N'Roll' music of our Gurdwaras, if we as a Sikh Nation, have got our Emotional States all Wrong. You see many of Us Fighting, Arguing, Getting Angry, Impatient etc.(Not Bir Ras; Bir Ras is Different. There are Different Gurmat Raags and Shabads for Bir Ras as Well.) and I wonder, is it because of the Music we listen to?!?! I am only referring to the instrumental parts (background of The Keertan). Instrumentals have a very large impact on our minds and emotional states. Raags are the Foundation of our Emotions. The Shabad Sits on the Raag. The Shabad is The Piercing Arrow, and The Raag the Bow. So I am wondering if the instrumentals of our Gurdwaras have 'messed us up'. Personally, I think so.

I also think Simran Should be Done in Gurmat Raag with Gurmat Instruments.

Nonetheless,

Chardi Kala!!

But, “DAMN YOU BLOODY HARMONIUM!”