Open Invitation To You All

strathcona

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Siri Waheguu Ji Ki Fateh.

I just want to openly invite you all to Dudley Gurdwara this Sunday afternoon (22/11/09). The Committee have announced an open meeting with the sangat regarding the putting down of ghastly benches at the back of the Darar Sahib. I am aware that many Gurdwaras have these benches, i personally dont agree that they should be there, but those Gurdwaras that have them have a LOT of sangat coming through their doors on a daily basis. Their benches are also very low, and not disrespectful to look at and more importantly to Guru Maharaj.

However, Dudley Gurdwara has no sangat coming during the week, and there are a handful of women who are perfectly able to walk (and even dance at parties!) that want the benches, and the ones that they have made are chair height! there is no truthful demand at Dudley, just jealousy and people trying to get one over on each other, at the detriment of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the king of all kings.

They said they were going to ask the permission of the samgat before making them, but instead they made them and put them down without asking the sangat. Some committee members protested and an open sangat meeting is arranged this sunday (22/11/09) at around about 11.00 am.

Please, this is a request to you all to come and protest this disastrous decision and disrespect of Guru Maharaj.

Address:

Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Gurdwara

118 Wellington Road

Dudley

West Midlands

DY! 1UB

Thank you,

thank you very much for your reply. i also forgot to mention in my post that i invite people to give their opinions on it also.

i dont have any pictures, but i went to the leamington Gurdwara that has just opened, they have them fited in all of their Darbar Sahib's. that was actually the first time i had seen them and i dont know if you saw them on their live broadcast on the Sikh Channel, but there were fully able and fit men and women taking advantae sitting on them with.

Ive also been told that Calma Gurdwara in Walsall have them. ive been to a Gurdwara in Dartford kent that has them too. that is all i am aware of.

your right, Gurmat is to sit on the floor, but these people are hellbent on their own power trips. sofa's will be next, then recliners.

In My Opinion,

Just on a Separate Note.

AUTHENTHIC DISABLED INDIVIDUALS MUST NEVER FEEL REJECTED!!!!!!!!! WHEELCHAIRS ARE 1000% OKAY!!!!!! AUTHENTIC PEOPLE WITH PHYSICAL HANDICAPS ETC. MUST ALWAYS BE ACCOMMODATED WITHOUT ANY DIS-COMFORT TO THEM!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!! IN SANGAT AND PANGAT!!!!!!!!!

If Guru Sahib Won't Show Them Love?!??! WHO WILL!!?!!

Guru Sahib Came for the Downtrodden!!!

(My Post is addressing AUTHENTIC Disabled, injured etc.!! PLEASE NEVER MAKE THE DISABLED FEEL UN-INVITED!!!!!!)

For The ABLED! It is Khalsa Gurmat Dharma TO SIT ON THE FLOOR in Humility; IN BOTH GURU SANGAT AND PANGAT!! Humility is a Foundation of Gurmat!! Gurmat Humility Gives Birth to ALL THE SECRET JEWELS!!!!

In My Opinion,

Just on a Separate Note.

AUTHENTHIC DISABLED INDIVIDUALS MUST NEVER FEEL REJECTED!!!!!!!!! WHEELCHAIRS ARE 1000% OKAY!!!!!! AUTHENTIC PEOPLE WITH PHYSICAL HANDICAPS ETC. MUST ALWAYS BE ACCOMMODATED WITHOUT ANY DIS-COMFORT TO THEM!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!! IN SANGAT AND PANGAT!!!!!!!!!

If Guru Sahib Won't Show Them Love?!??! WHO WILL!!?!!

Guru Sahib Came for the Downtrodden!!!

(My Post is addressing AUTHENTIC Disabled, injured etc.!! PLEASE NEVER MAKE THE DISABLED FEEL UN-INVITED!!!!!!)

For The ABLED! It is Khalsa Gurmat Dharma TO SIT ON THE FLOOR in Humility; IN BOTH GURU SANGAT AND PANGAT!! Humility is a Foundation of Gurmat!! Gurmat Humility Gives Birth to ALL THE SECRET JEWELS!!!!

Bloom thanks for stating this because the Khalsa panth is always thinking in terms of Sarbat Da Pala.

Adding benches is not thinking in terms of Gurmat, which includes Sarbat Da Pala. Adding benches is to have benches in the future for all Gurdwaras. There is a bigger issue at hand here.

To accomodate for the disabled wheelchairs should be provided. Also an elevator should be installed if Darbar Sahib is on the second level.

Not one single bench should be put in Darbar Sahib. The long-term outlook is only against Gurmat and we can see this happening in certain parts of the world.

Very soon shoes and not cover your head will be allowed in Darbar Sahib. Gurdwaras are turning into churches and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is going to be treated as just a book.

The Khalsa Panth in the area where benches have been put in need to stand up and do something about the benches. Everything in Sikhi is being altered to manmat and it is the Khalsa duty to serve Guru Sahib and uphold the teachings they blessed us with. Otherwise take off your Khalsa identity and become a sheep.

your replies are very helpful thank you,

i know what you are saying about accommodating whelchair users (we allow wheelchairs into the Darbar Sahib and we do have a lift). i understand fully about disempowerment and giving peiple equal rights, i just dont appreciate the false use of these things that are ALSO against our rehat maryada.

I hope you can pass on the message to all people that live close by to dudley and hopefully we have a good turnout of sangat against the putting down of these benches.

your replies are very helpful thank you,

i know what you are saying about accommodating whelchair users (we allow wheelchairs into the Darbar Sahib and we do have a lift). i understand fully about disempowerment and giving peiple equal rights, i just dont appreciate the false use of these things that are ALSO against our rehat maryada.

I hope you can pass on the message to all people that live close by to dudley and hopefully we have a good turnout of sangat against the putting down of these benches.

Is dudley in the UK? I live in B.C. Don't know people that live in the area.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!!

I think todays youth are very narrow minded, how is it beadbhi having a bench at the back of the hall for the elderly(disabled) If a person is in there 80's wants to go into saadh sangat to listen to keertan, they should be allowed to sit on a bench and engange in keertan. This is not beadbhi, gurbani is shabad guroo. Guru jee looks at things like how much nindiya, chugli, swearing, naam, gurbani etc we do.

Bhul chuck maaf

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!!

I think todays youth are very narrow minded, how is it beadbhi having a bench at the back of the hall for the elderly(disabled) If a person is in there 80's wants to go into saadh sangat to listen to keertan, they should be allowed to sit on a bench and engange in keertan. This is not beadbhi, gurbani is shabad guroo. Guru jee looks at things like how much nindiya, chugli, swearing, naam, gurbani etc we do.

Bhul chuck maaf

Having benches does not prevent the abled from disrespecting Guru Sahib.(if you had just thought in terms of Sarbat Da Pala you would not be writing a 'wise' post.) Also there is a long term problem associated with benches entering Darbar Sahib, which has already been mentioned. Please OOOO wise one take the time out and read the above post, before commenting again.