Soormey Veera De Bachan

Vaahiguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsa! Vaahiguroo Jee Kee Fathe!!

Sangat Jee,

With the current situation in Punjab, I think its essential for our youth to read and have an insight into the written words of our older Veers who fought and continue to fight against Indian hegemony in Punjab. These Soormey enshrined Gurmat in their hearts and lived on principles of sacrifice, dhrirrtha, ankh and piaar. We, as the youth, must learn from them and their endeavors to continue on the struggle. So a benti to all Sangat to share the written works (letters, poems etc) of our Soormey.

Babbar Jagtar Singh Hawara poem:

http://www.unp.co.in/attachments/f46/2481d1186034564-hawara-te-balwant-singh-nu-fansi-da-hukam-baynaam_di_maut.jpg

Some of Bhai Fauja Singh Jee's letters can be found here..

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/BhaiFaujaSingh/

I know panthic weekly used to have a poem written by Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee Manochaahal, 'When spring visits our garden.." can anyone find it?

KURBANI - ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ : A WARRIOR'S ODE

SHAHEED BHAI FAUJA SINGH

ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ

ਤੇਰੀ ਅਮਰ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ, ਮਨ ਬਚ ਕ੍ਰਮ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਨਿਭਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

O True Guru we will serve your everlasting Sikhi with our every word, thought and deed.

ਧਨ, ਧਾਮ, ਜਵਾਨੀ, ਜਾਇਦਾਦ ਸਭ ਕੁਝ, ਲੇਖੇ ਪੰਥ ਦੇ ਅਸੀਂ ਲਗਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

We will devote our youth, wealth and all worldly possessions to the cause of the Panth.

ਭਾਲ-ਬਿਵਸਥਾ ਤੋਂ ਦੇਹ ਸੰਭਾਲ ਰਖੀ, ਹੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਲੋੜ ਹੈ ਘੋਲ ਘੁਮਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

My body, preserved since childhood, will be sacrificed now the need has arisen.

ਤੇਰੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਰਿਦੇ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਦੇ ਕੇ, ਅਵਗਣ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਗਵਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

By continuously repeating and sincerely following Gurbani we will get rid of all our evil-mindedness.

ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਮੇਹਰ ਰਖੀ, ਮਿਹਰਬਾਨ ਮੇਰੇ, ਬੰਦੋ ਬੰਦ ਭੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਕਟਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

If you keep your Grace my Graceful Lord, we will sacrifice ourselves limb by limb.

ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨੀ, ਸੋਹਣਾ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ, ਦਸੇ ਦਿਸ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਸੀਂ ਝੁਲਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

We will endeavour to fly the wonderful flag, which marks the treasure of your Naam, all over the world.

ਬੁਝ ਰਹੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਜੋ ਅਸਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਾਪਦੀ ਹੈ, ਖੁਨ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਜਗਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

The light of faith that seems to be dwindling will be rekindled with our blood.

ਮਨ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਨੂੰ ਮੇਟ ਕੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਦਾਤੇ, ਤੇਰੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਵਿੱਚ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

By forsaking our mind’s wisdom O Lord, we will blend our soul with yours.

ਧੁਰੋਂ ਧੋਰੰਦਰੀ ਅਵਤਰੀ ਰੀਤ ਸੁੰਦਰ, ਰਾਹੂ ਕੇਤੂ ਨੂੰ ਰੋਕ ਚਮਕਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

With your divinely ordained faith we will overcome all evil.

ਮਿੱਟ ਰਹੇ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਜੋ ਧਰਮ ਵਾਲੇ, ਲੁਕ ਛੁਪ ਕੇ ਅਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

By sacrificing ourselves we will revive and renovate the fading symbol of our faith.

ਮਿਹਰ ਤੇਰੀ ਨਾਲ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਬੋਲਦਾ ਏ, ਆਵਾਜ਼ ਅੰਦਰਲੀ ਬਾਹਰ ਸੁਣਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

The Khalsa speaks with your Grace; our inner-voice will be heard by all.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ-ਰੂਪ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਹੈ ਅਮਰ ਕਰਦੀ, ਕੇਸਾਂ ਸੁਆਸਾਂ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਨਿਭਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

Sikhi is immortalising nectar and we will serve it with Rahit and our last breath.

ਜਬ ਆਵ ਜੀ ਅਉਧ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਬਣਸੀ, ਸੀਸ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੈ, ਤੈਨੂੰ ਚੜ੍ਹਾ ਦਿਆਂਗੇ।

When all else fails, in the hour of need, we will sacrifice our heads at your altar

Letter of Shaheed Bhai Gurpal Singh Jee Babbar

“Respecteds,

Vaahiguru jee ka Khalsa Vaahiguru jee kee fateh!

By Guru Akaal Purakh’s supreme grace, I am in total Chardi Kala and Anand. I have no troubles at all. But I am sad about one thing that you are all depressed. But at the same time I was glad to know that Father is in Chardi Kala. There is no reason to be depressed. I wanted this fate. You can certainly be depressed, weep and wail if I ever betray the Panth, or act like a coward or if I commit any immoral crimes. And please do weep the day I give up my weapons before this evil government. But if by the grace of the Satguru, like countless of my brothers, I am successful in breathing my end with my kesh and Sikhi intact, then please do not weep.

Read Bani and jap naam and do ardaas before Satguru that he lets us pass this exam with his grace. Countless others die. Some die by taking drugs, others die in countless honourless ways commiting shameful acts. Be grateful that Sachay Pathshah has brought your son to his side.

Our love exists only if you stay in the limits of Sikhi and talk about love of Sikhi.

Everything else is fine. There is no need to worry. Every day you do paath and know that Dukh is medicine and Sukh is a disease. Please give my roaring Fateh with hands clasped together to [all family members and acquaintances].

Vaahiguru jee ka Khalsa Vaahiguru jee kee fateh!”

"Jhoolte Nishaan Rahe Panth Maharaj Ki"

"KLF, Dharam Yudh Ke Chaye"

Deh Siva bar mohe ehai

shubh karman te kabhoo na taro

na daro ar so jab jai laro

nischai kar aapni jeet karo ||

"Akaal Takhat Mahaan Hai, Sikh Panth Di Shaan Hai"

Dear respected Judge Sahib,

Waaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa ||

Waaheguru Ji Ki Fateh ||

Judge sahib, the attack carried out by the Hindustan government in 1984 on the Sikh faith is nothing new. Ever since the Sikh faith came into existence, bringing the message of Kirat Karani (honest labor), Naam Japna (focusing the conscience on God), and wand schakna (sharing one's fruits of labor with society), tyrant regimes have been irritated by it.

The topic of the enemies of the Sikh faith is a very long one; sometimes in the guise of Jahangir, sometimes in the guise of Aurangzeb, sometimes in the guise of Abdali, sometimes Massa Rangar, and sometimes in the guise of Indira Gandhi, have made devious plans to exterminate the Sikh faith and the Sikhs.

The Sikhs have always given such tyrants a bold response. In the form of Guru Arjun Dev Ji, Guru Teg Bahadur Ji, in the form of the Sahibzaade, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, in the form of Baba Deep Singh Ji, Sikhs have sacrificed for their beloved faith.

Judge Sahib, even after Hindustan's independence, the story of terror and tyranny unleashed upon the Sikhs did not end. Time and again the Sikhs have had to have morchas (movements) and mobilizations to safeguard and demand their rights. Taking inspiration from Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib, Sikh political circles and religious jathebandis started the Dharam Yudh Morcha for the rights of the Sikh people, and this was unbearable for the Congress government.

Their faith and Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib inspired Sikhs. The Congress government of Hindustan, in June 1984, sent its armed forces to the highest spiritual place of reverence for the Sikhs.

At that time, the Sikhs, with great faith and a peaceful nature, were reflecting on /celebrating the Shaheedi Diwas (Day) of their fifth Guru, Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji. On June 4th, 1984, the Hindustan armed forces unexpectedly, without warning, attacked Sri Akaal Takhat sahib with tanks and cannons.

Judge Sahib, the highly revered Sikh temporal authority, sri Akaal Takaht Sahib, and the Darshan Deori, were reduced to rubble. Sri Harmandir Sahib was marked with bullet holes. The historic Sikh Reference Library was burned down.

Thousands of innocent devotees were gunned down. The sacred land of Sri Darbar Sahib Ji and the sacred sarovar were colored with the blood of innocent people.

With the leadership of Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindrawaale, Bhai Amrik Singh, and General Shubeg Singh, the Sikhs, defending their faith, gave countless and miraculous shaheedis. I salute those great shaheeds and my head bows before their sacrifices.

Judge Sahib, this was all carried out by our own country's army on its very own people. This was the biggest attack on the Sikh faith and the Sikhs in the 20th century. With this attack, every Sikh’s emotions/heart was drenched in blood and sorrow.

Judge Sahib, after the destruction of Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib and the murder of thousands of innocent Sikhs, on October 31st, 1984, the leader of the Congress party, Indira Gandhi, was gunned down by two Sikhs, Bhai Satwant Singh and Bhai Beant Singh. After this, the anti-Sikh sentiments of the Hindustani Congress government came to the fore. After Indira Gandhi's death, heads of the Congress party, police officials, and government agencies, overnight took to the roles of murderers.

In the capital Delhi, and in other major cities of the country, innocent Sikhs were made targets. Those who had no involvement with the murder of Indira Gandhi. In the thousands, innocent Sikhs were dragged out from their homes and murdered. Sikhs had tires put around their necks and were burned alive. For 72 hours, the Congress party, police officials, and government agencies played the role of murderers.

Judge Sahib, today after 22 years, no one has been arrested for these crimes. Government after government and commission after commission have shed crocodile tears. Setting up commission after commission is the epitome of their shallowness, when the guilty are sitting right next to them or in the chair right in front of them.

Judge Sahib, the Sikhs have no faith in getting justice from such hypocritical and shallow people. Because the guilty themselves arrange these fact-finding commissions, and themselves have the inquiries done.

Judge Sahib, the story of the tyranny of the Congress Sarkar does not end here. After this, their agencies gave the police a free hand at eliminating innocent Sikh youth and tried to exterminate a generation of Sikhs. Forcefully, the congress sarkar was established in Punjab and Beant Singh was made the Chief Minister, whereas all Sikh political parties had boycotted the elections. With only 10% of the votes, and those too being fake, Beant Singh was made the Chief Minister and dancing to Delhi's tune colored the sacred land of Punjab with the blood of innocents.

Thousands of innocent Sikh youth were picked up from their homes, murdered, and declaring their bodies as unclaimed and unidentified, were burned and thrown into rivers and canals, where their bodies were eaten by fish and eels.

Judge Sahib, there is no bridge over a river, or drain bridge, on the land of Punjab, where the innocent blood of Sikhs was not spilled. Kids as young as 1.5 years old were declared terrorists and shot to death. Any human rights advocates, who tried to bring these atrocities into the open, were murdered in broad daylight. The police, who are supposed to protect life and property, had taken the form of murderers and thieves. All these atrocities happened with patronage from Delhi, carried out by the falsely elected Beant Singh.

Judge Sahib, after eliminating thousands of innocent Sikhs, Beant Singh was declaring himself the Messiah of Peace. He was putting himself alongside Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Ram Avtar. All this was unbearable for us. After all this, we decided to eliminate the falsely elected Beant Singh.

Judge Sahib, on August 31, 1995, the great warrior, son of Mata Surjit Kaur, and Sardar Harnek Singh, Bhai Dilawar Singh, tied a bomb to his body and clashed with Beant Singh and ended Beant Singh's reign of terror forever.

Judge Sahib, on that day I was with Bhai Dilawar Singh. Yes, Judge Sahib, I am a part of this murder. I have no regrets being a part of this murder. The bomb was made by Dilawar Singh and me. The CBI in this case arrested Gurmeet Singh, Lakhwinder Singh, Shamsher Singh, Naseeb Singh, and Navjot Singh. These men have no connection to this case. These men are completely innocent. These men have been falsely implicated in this case.

Judge Sahib, for the warrior spirit and the dignity of the quam, for the liberation struggle, all those martyrs who sacrificed for these, those brothers, before them I bow my head and salute them. Those who sacrificed their jeevans (lives) for the quam (nation) and religion, happily and readily.

I bow before the sacrifice of my little brother Bhai Dilawar Singh and Bhai Harpinder Singh Goldy. And I declare that the spilled blood of the shaheeds will not go in vain. The struggle will continue until the independence of the quam, Sikh nation.

Judge Sahib, the country which destroyed the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, Sri Akaal Takhat sahib, killed thousands of innocent Sikhs, the country who's courts have openly accommodated killers of Sikhs, I refuse to accept such a Hindustan's courts and judicial system.

Judge Sahib, on behalf of the Khalistan Liberation Force, I wave the flag of Khalistan and declare the establishment of Khalistan in this court, and do not accept your courts and justice system. I wish peace upon our brothers who became shaheeds for the liberation of the Sikh nation.

Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawaale

-amar rahe

Shaheed Bhai Dilawar Singh Amar rahe

Shaheed Bhai Harpinder Singh Goldy amar rahe

Jao Tao Prem Khelan Ka Chao ||

Sir tar Tali gali meri aao ||

It marag pair tareejai ||

sir dejai kaan na keejai ||

Khalistan Zindabaad

Khalistan Liberation Force Zindabaad

From,

Balwant Singh Rajoaana

Khalistan Liberation Force

Letters of Bhai Jagtar Singh Hawara: Part 1

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

For Indias freedom, out of 121 people who were hanged, 93 were Sikhs; out of 1,300 Jallianwala Bagh martyrs, 799 were sikhs; of the 2446 people sent to kalapani, 2141 were sikhs; 500 Babbar Akali Lehar martyrs during freedom struggle were all Sikhs.

Instead of nation paying back these loans, Sikhs have been made slaves. The tale of injustice to Sikhs is very long..the Golden temple was damaged... efforts were made to make Sikhs weak financially by diverting Punjab's electricity and water to other states and Punjab was stopped from making its own agricultural policies.

The victims of 1984 riots have repeatedly pleaded for justice but in vain. Sikh youngsters are rotting in jails for over 10 years as their cases progress at a snails pace. Instead, the perpetrators of the riots have been made MPs and MLAs.

Living in such a country amidst such humiliation is akin to living in hell.

I cannot live in this country and will fulfill my pledge of Khalistan.

Long live Babbar Khalsa, Khalistan and matryr Dilawar Singh.

Letter to a Judge, September 9, 1998 - Bhai Jagtar Singh Hawara

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 1 month later...

Hon’ble Chief Justice

Punjab and Haryana High Court
Chandigarh 

Through the Deputy Superintendent, Model Jail, Chandigarh 

In the case of Government of Punjab versus Gurmeet Singh and Others (Beant Singh Assassination Case) 

Your Honour, I had informed the High Court, in an earlier communication too that I have not appealed against the death sentence awarded to me in this case by the Sessions Court, as I have no faith nor do I believe at in the judicial system of this country, whereas the other convicts in the case have filed appeals in the Court as they have faith in the system.  Therefore my death reference case should be tried separately and whatever decision the High Court proposes to takes that may be done in an expeditious manner.  I have neither asked the High Court to hang me soon, as has been reported in all the newspapers, nor have I asked that death sentence be delayed and nor have I begged for my life from the High Court.

Your Honour, on my request the High Court in its order on 7 August has taken a decision that my case be heard alongside others and that the court has appointed one S. S. Dinarpur as my lawyer to plead on my behalf. I respect the sentiments of this court and that of the lawyer, whom I do not even know.  

Your Honour, without my request, without my desire, without me asking for it, without my approval, if the court has appointed the said lawyer, with due respect, I decline to accept the services of the said lawyer. Without any authorization through a Vakalatnama (lawyer’s brief acceptance note), if any one, attempts to represent me, then it would be nothing but a judicial farce; nothing else.  Had I wanted a lawyer for myself, I would have done it 14 years ago. 

Your Honour, may I mention for the kind information of this court that even in the Sessions Court, I did not have a counsel. I did not contest my own case and did not cross-examine any of the witnesses.  During the case proceedings, the Sessions Judge too had suggested that a lawyer can be appointed by the court for me. Even then I had respectfully declined to have a lawyer.  I had told the judge that it was with my own hands that I had tied a bomb around the body of my friend (Bhai Dilawar Singh); with my own eyes I saw my dear friend, who was more than a brother to me, who for the fulfillment of his mission,  vanished into thin air after the explosion. Then, how can I claim that I am innocent, why should I have a counsel, my soul does not allow me to do so, why should I have a counsel; my soul does not allow me to do so. After hearing this, the Hon’ble Judge accepted my assertion of not having a lawyer. 

Your Honour, even on a previous occasion, I have categorically stated to this High Court that in a country where the religion of Sikhs is attacked with tanks and heavy artillery, where the Supreme Court of the Sikhs –Sri Akal Takht Sahib is reduced to rubble; that law which does not apply to the killers of thousands of innocent Sikhs, that legal system which while contesting it, thousands of my brethren attained martyrdom, I refuse to file an appeal against the death sentence awarded to me and I do not accept the domination of such a system.  

Your Honour, the legal and judicial system of this country has always followed double standards. In June 1984, when the Congress government from Delhi launched a massive tirade against the Sikhs and attacked Sri Akal Takht Sahib with tanks and artillery, then these officers who were responsible for the brutal killing of thousands of innocent pilgrims, such officers were decorated with medals and promotions to high offices by the rulers of this country, thereby rubbing salt on the wounds of the Sikhs.  Again, when in November 1984, after the assassination of Indira Gandhi, when in the capital city of Delhi and other prominent cities of the country, Indian patriots hounded thousands of Sikhs on the streets of Delhi and then massacred them.  Daughters and sisters of Sikhs were raped, brutally assaulted and killed.  The elderly, children and women were killed mercilessly and their home and hearth set afire.  Sadly, no law, no military, no commandos prevented the killers from going on their killing spree.

The dead bodies of the Sikhs were plucked and eaten by dogs and jackals. Their only crime was they were Sikhs. Thousands of Sikhs were killed. Your Honour, even after 25 years, no law of the country has arrested the killers under any provision of law; no court has awarded any punishment to the perpetrators.  On the contrary, they have been honoured with high offices and cabinet posts.  

Your Honour, when their other brethren (BJP) demolished the Babri Masjid, the sentiments of millions of Muslims was deeply hurt, No law prevented them from doing the heinous act. Again, after the ‘Godhra incident’ in Ahmedabad, thousands of Muslims were killed, merely on grounds that were Muslims. Even then the whole judicial system was benumbed into silence and allowed the perpetrators to continue their acts, totally unchecked. Yet again, when the religious places of Christians were destroyed in Orissa and their properties set on fire, even then the system remained a mute spectator.  

Judge Sahib, I wish to ask of thee –these people who killed thousands of innocent Sikhs, innocent Muslims and innocent Christians, are they not terrorists? Why don’t the armed forces of the country and the law of the land make efforts to stop them? On the other hand, if a five-star hotel is attacked in Mumbai, then the army of the country reaches the scene double-quick. Commandos rush from Delhi to Mumbai and start action; merely in the matter of one night it is known to them as to which village in Pakistan is the home village of the killers. On the other hand, exactly opposite to this, despite the passing of 25 years, it is still not known who the killers in Delhi were. In such a scenario when they killers are too well known, how can one trust the honesty of those are defenders of the law. 

Judge Sahib, those rulers who attacked the Sikh religion, those who demolished the Babri Masjid, those who killed thousands of innocent Sikhs, they are designated as sons of Mother Bharat and defenders of Bharat whereas when someone kills these mass murderers , he is dubbed as a ‘terrorist’. On the other hand, you have people who are protected with security guards, bullet-proof vehicles and bullet-proof jackets and on the other hand, those who become human bombs to fight the injustice of such people, those who gladly embrace martyrdom –you may kindly ponder over the question –who is a terrorist? Who is a patriot? Please do ponder.  

Judge Sahib, Beant Singh too was a pawn of this killer system of the Congress government at the Centre, which had consciously and deliberately foisted him as the Chief Minister of Punjab and through whom the genocide of Sikhs was attempted. During his tenure, thousands of Sikh youth were dragged out of their homes, killed extrajudicially and their bodies cremated as ‘unidentified bodies’.  Those who were mandated to protect the defend justice, became judges, courts, police and killers –all rolled into one and in return for all this, they were regularly rewarded bravery awards.  All this was done by the Congress party Chief Minister Beant Singh under directions and instructions from Delhi.  

Judge Sahib, Beant Singh was the killer of thousands of innocent Sikhs, who was punished by Bhai Dilawar Singh for his deeds. If fighting against such tyrannical people and killing them is terrorism, then, yes, I am a terrorist. I have absolutely no regrets about participating in this murder conspiracy. For this deed, the death penalty awarded to me would be accepted by me as a blessing from Lord Almighty awards me death penalty.  I accept this punishment; however, I refuse to kowtow before such an impotent system which protects killers.  

Your Honour, on the one hand, ministerships and chief ministership in lieu of the murder of innocent people and on the other hand, capital punishment for killing a mass murderer. I accept this. I accept this. I accept this. I refuse to accept the subjugation of such people.  

Balwant Singh Rajoana

Model Jail, Chandigarh

Kothi No. 5