Wjkwjf: My Own Small Observation

singhawk

Some people who settle in UK, US and work for foreign companies change their physical attire due to their company policies such as a bearded man is not allowed to work in Hotel Management Field abroad, but even if you have to change your physical attire [due to some problems out of your control] you must remain connected with the divine and preach teachings of Sikhism. Would you want goras children to think that a Sikh is a Taliban since they mistook full flowing bearded Sikhs as a full-beard Taliban and it created problems in US after 9/11 incident. People from our community had to put-up huge banners in front of Gurudwaras telling that "We are Indian/Sikhs and not Muslims/Taliban"

However, if you find anyone dis-respecting Sikhism, we must openly ostracise them in our social circle, friends circle, or family circle. This someone could be anyone. There are some from our community who would not proceed their talks further unless they know your full-name ie name after Singh/Kaur and they will ask you repeatedly again and again. This is why there are thousands of Gurudwaras in Punjab some Jat-Gurudwara, Khatri-Gurudwara, Ravidasia-Gurudwara, Mazhbi-Gurudwara. People have acquired religion at physical level, but still there is a void and split between people in our Sikh Community. People from our community still maintain relationships on the basis of castes mentioned in Manu-Chalisa and not Guru Granth Sahib ie "True Sikh = Gursikh".

There are people who post matrimonial ads on websites telling that amritdhari-sikh ABC[caste] seeking aliance for amritdhari-sikh CBC[caste] or worse Gursikh - ABC looking for Gursikh-ABC match . However, it is not correct for someone to say that someone is more pure than other and others are non-followers of Sikhism or does not understand it well.

A True Sikh will remain True Sikh regardless of the clothes he wear or the attire he wears and infact there is a definition of a Sehajdhari Sikhs in Sikh religion who are respected and work towards the better sikh society. Regardless of whether you are a Amritdhari, Kesdhari, Non-Amritdhari, Sehajdhari or any other one must remain a True Sikh and should accept everyone as a part of one-big family where there are different colors of flowers, each with a different scent and appeal.

In fact, the objective of Guru Gobind Singh was to convert birds into Hawks and we should show this in every field whether IT, Medical, Business, Marketing, Army, Music, Sports or even Movies.

This way would be truly following word of the Guru and not just at the physical level. Let religion and preaching of Sikhism be our strength and people from our community excel in every field worldwide.

The True color of Khalsa is GOLD and GOLD never looses its shine regardless of the form it takes.

Just my own small observation :) Pls let me know your inputs. I would appreciate your thoughts too :)

I am a Sikh. :rolleyes:

WJKWJF

Singh Hawk