Low Ratio Of Girls In Punjab

singhawk

SSA, The ratio of Girls as compared to Boys is coming to lowest point in Punjab. Several social/political leaders come forward and argue that this should never happen. If you look at the fatwa issued by some (Jathedars who resemble sikhs but in reality believe in the Muslim idiology of supressing women rights) that no women-jatha can perform keertan inside premises of Harminder Sahib [PLS CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG :BL:], you will understand where the problem originates in the Sikh Society. Is it written somewhere in Guru Granth Sahib that women cannot do shabad-gurbani inside Gurudwara ?????? BIG Question and answer is BIG NO too. Why in all major gurudwaras you never see a women-granthi jee ? Why only men prefer to sit and tell bibi jees to do all the washing, cleaning and preparing food. Why cant men-granthi jee go and prepare langer for the sangat and allow women to do shabad-gurbani (sometimes). :BL:

When these issues become known to everyone in the society, people start believing that women-raagi jatha is less pure and have less understanding of their religion and decision taken by those illitrate people sitting at top position in religious institutions is justified. By issueing a ban on the women-raagi jatha what "HIDDEN" message these people trying to give to the modern Sikh Society. When these hidden selfish messages are communicated from highest religious authorities it is bound to create effect in the Sikh Society as well as non-sikh (hindu punjabi) who believe in the teachings of Guru Nanak. This is the reason why ratio of Girls as compared to boys is coming to a lowest point in Punjab and I am sure you must have seen a video of Prakash Singh Badals daughter-in-law in a video "Nanhi Chaan" to save girl child from foeticide. When you listen to the recital of Gurbani by Harshdeep Kaur

/OR Snatam Kaur (American)

you realise that divine can exist in anyone whether women or men. I can assure you that several Jathedars who agree with the fatwa might be having gurbani recital of Harshdeep Kaur in their mobile phones which they flaunt to show how religious they are.

What happens in society is the manifestation of what is written in the religion. Whats not written in religion is being implemented by these blind people who are projecting wrong image of Sikh religion while sitting in the top positions. People ask why ratio of girls is less in punjab, but the answer of this question lies somewhere else. What is your opinion on this issue. Do you agree that the solution of the problem lies somewhere else ?? These are just my personal views and have nothing to do with whats written in the Gurbani since I respect it fully.

Sorry if my words are strong, but I deeply condemn these issues prevailing in the Sikh Society.I am only talking about whats being implemented in the society. Pls correct me if I am wrong.