Thoughts While Praying

Guest singh88

Guest singh88
View Postsinghawk, on 07 February 2010 - 01:54 AM, said:

Maybe there are times when God test its true followers, but even then one must remain connected with the Divine. This is all I wanted to share.

Sorry if I hurt anyone with my personal experience. :sad: I meant no disrespect to anyone. It was just my personal experience and my mothers. Maybe it will never happen to others, but if it happens one must understand that it is also love of God to test its followers.

hey u didnt gt me.i mean to say dat,see i tell u my prob.i startd doing jaap n simran,n suddenly wild n dirtiest thoughts startd cming to my mind regarding all guru ji's, bhraham giyanis',n even regarding my dear ones.more over i faced major blow in ma life wich shattered me into pieces.till date am not able to do even ardas by heart,as al dat thoughts hit me again.not for a split second i say dat its coz of jaap n simran,coz i hv full faith in gurbani.its soo long me fighting like dis.i mean such powerfull is dat thought procees dat it never let me demand or beg during ardas.for exmpl say i do ardas for smthing i want ,strong voice from inside will say i dont want it,n suppose i do ardas so dat i pass my exam dat voice will say please fail me n its hell strong.,i lost dat thing for wch i usd to do ardas n meditation,but i still do,in HOPE.my quest in--

1.does waheguru ji is saying (by giving wild thoughts) dat dont ask me dat thing for whc u r doing meditation n ardas , u won get it.

2.he is testing me,no matter how wired d test is.

i heard this happen to a a few people while praying , the mind wandering like that.Why does that happen? What does it mean?

somebdy said to me 2day that its because we spend say like 8hrs sleeping, and then like half hour or 1 or 2 only praying, then th rest on worldly thoughts and daily life, so our minds are pre-occupied most of the time in other things thats why its hard to do path and those thoughts seem to cme forward from wat we spend time on most.

but im not sure if i agree with that, it happens to me too alot, at first i used to think that if our thoughts were perfect and had full devotion towards god then we wouldnt be in this world. somebody else says its hard to be human n not have thoughts like that, even giani's and people that do lot of path have these thoughts, as nobody but god is perfect.

I too would like to know why it happens and why doesnt it stop?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Jeo,

i look at it this way (i might be totally wrong, its just my understanding) - when we do path with utmost sincerity, a sort of 'war' is waged by our mann, whos become the king of the castle, against any attempts by us to get it down the throne its sitting upon. Bani is eventually going to de-throne it, and mann knows it, thats why it uses all its got in its power to fight back, it does not want to let go of the hold. It will try all tricks its got - It will make us think bad of our Gurujis or thoughts related to any of the five vikaars,etc. And since we are so used to listening to our mann, it is able to disassociate us from Bani and wins the battle and jumps on the throne again. And we are back to square one. But we have to train ourselves constantly, so that we are able to learn the art of fighting mann, we have to keep battering it, kicking and punching it constantly with power of the Bani and Simran and one day, as Bani promises us, it will be defeated. And that day, only Anhad Naad will be heard, nothing else. really hope we all get to hear that naad one day.

Sorry if i am wrong or didnt make any sense

yes u are right paaji, it seems to happen more when thinking good thoughts or getting ready to think with sincerity as u said.

You wrote "And that day, only Anhad Naad will be heard, nothing else. really hope we all get to hear that naad one day." ~what does anhad naad means, sorry but i dnt know.

Anhad Naad pehnji is the unexplainable beautiful music that Gurbani promises us will be heard deep within us 24/7 when we realise Waheguru. The state of eternal bliss, the begham pura, the tranquility that matches none other in this universe or beyond. The sounds from the land of Waheguru. All we have to do is get rid of the veil in front of the jot within to be able to experience that. easier said than done! we might spend our entire lives and still not be able to do it, such is the bad karams of most of us! only a chosen few will get to realise this state! Waheguru!