Sign in to follow this  
Khalasthan86

Charitropakhyan

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Can someone please give me the translation to Charitropakhyan in Sri Dasam Granth,

as I want to see for my self what Charitropakhyan is saying, and the message behind it.

As many Nindaks lift a finger at charitropakhyan, so if I have studied charitropakhyan,

I can answer them.

Tried http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?c=t No Help :(

Go to searchgurbani.com ; than click Dasamgranth(the sight shows AMRIT KIRTAN ,

GURU GRANTH SAHIB, DASAM GARANTH, and afew other links also); than clik on

chapter index and than you can open any chapter viz. JAP SAHIB, AKAAL YATAT,

CHANDI CHARITAR, BACHITTAER NATAK, GYAN PRABODH, CHOBIS AVTAAR,

CHARITRO PAKHYAN OR ZAFARNAMA and all the Gurbani is available there in

GURMUKHI with English script along with meanings in English.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

There are no correct translations of Charitropakhyan. If you can't read and understand the bani, find someone who studied at a Taksal or a Nihang/ Nirmala etc who can and ask them to teach you.

There are no correct translations of Charitropakhyan. If you can't read and understand the bani, find someone who studied at a Taksal or a Nihang/ Nirmala etc who can and ask them to teach you.

Matheen Veer Jeo, what about pandit Narain Singh ji's steek of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib? Im planning to get it soon, could you confirm if its complete in that its got charitars as well? Thanks!

Can someone please give me the translation to Charitropakhyan in Sri Dasam Granth,

as I want to see for my self what Charitropakhyan is saying, and the message behind it.

As many Nindaks lift a finger at charitropakhyan, so if I have studied charitropakhyan,

I can answer them.

Tried http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?c=t No Help :(

Here is a possible English Translation. I sent an email to the book seller to check if its in english. I will reply as soon as I find out!

http://www.alibris.c...itro%20Pakhyaan,%20Vol.2 --> Book Seller in India

Here is a possible English Translation. I sent an email to the book seller to check if its in english. I will reply as soon as I find out!

http://www.alibris.c...itro%20Pakhyaan,%20Vol.2

That's the tranlsation by Bindra, probably the worst attempt at a translation I've ever seen, and a big contribution to much of the controversy today. It's not worth reading, even if given free.

That's the tranlsation by Bindra, probably the worst attempt at a translation I've ever seen, and a big contribution to much of the controversy today. It's not worth reading, even if given free.

I wouldnt doubt it, hes hella involved with Jasbir Singh Mann. Mann is the guy that tries to denonunce the Dasam Granth sahib. The thing is its the only translation out there.

I wouldnt doubt it, hes hella involved with Jasbir Singh Mann. Mann is the guy that tries to denonunce the Dasam Granth sahib. The thing is its the only translation out there.

Translation of charitropakhayn is not going to help much those who do not lead a Gurmukh's life. The essence of charitpropakhayan teachings can only be understood by a gurmukh way of life.

Moreover plot of Charitropakhayan starts from charitra 2 and ends at 405. It is no use to pick a charitra at random and misquote it.

Matheen Veer Jeo, what about pandit Narain Singh ji's steek of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib? Im planning to get it soon, could you confirm if its complete in that its got charitars as well? Thanks!

PJS Veerji I am doing ardaas for you so you can quickly get Giani Narain Singh ji's sateek and share it with sangat. I understand this will be a laborious task, and if I could in any way help out, I would. The least I can do is do ardaas that you keep in chardi kala in this endeavor.

The English translations won't do any good for the learning purposes. The first step and the most important one is to learn what is storytelling. Guru Gobind Singh is using stories as sources and then giving his own conclusion to that story. It is very important element to read Chritropakhyan that we are aware of the fact that he is using stories which existed before his time.

in this same way i would like to get the ugardanti as well from the dasam granth.. :(.....same here i want translations too