Charity Gaming Programme

B.S.S.F

CHARITY GAMING PROGRAMME

football-300x225.jpg

There will be a full World Cup style tournament on 4 Large Plasma Screens.

The tournament will be playable on Xbox 360 and PS3!!!

The £3 entry fee will be going towards charity (SOPW) and a trophy will be given to the Winner, Runner Up and Third place.

Any age

2 games minimum

Contact for registration

Info@britishsikhstudentfederation.com

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

Daas has emailed BSSF about this event but they have not replied. Maybe I'll have more luck here, in short I really think you should re-consider holding this kind of event in a Gurdwara Sahib, or even in the name of Sikhi at all. While its definetly for a worthy cause, bringing video games to where maharaj is parkash is not the way to do so. You are supposed to come to the Gurdwara Sahib to ESCAPE from maya, not get engrossed in it. Somehow I doubt any of us would do this in front of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's physical hazoori, Guru Granth Sahib Ji should not be considered any different. How about something like an actual football tournament instead?

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

Daas has emailed BSSF about this event but they have not replied. Maybe I'll have more luck here, in short I really think you should re-consider holding this kind of event in a Gurdwara Sahib, or even in the name of Sikhi at all. While its definetly for a worthy cause, bringing video games to where maharaj is parkash is not the way to do so. You are supposed to come to the Gurdwara Sahib to ESCAPE from maya, not get engrossed in it. Somehow I doubt any of us would do this in front of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's physical hazoori, Guru Granth Sahib Ji should not be considered any different. How about something like an actual football tournament instead?

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Firstly, sorry for not replying.

The gaming event will not be held in the darbar hall but in a sports hall at the Academy, especially dedicated for such programmes.

This programme has attracted the attention of those people that would never attend a Kirtan Darbar, by this i mean to say that they have not yet formed any connection or understanding of Kirtan.

This is a basic programme to get such people into Gurdwara's and get them interested by learning about Sikh causes and how/why they should get involved.

The participants will be given talks on Sikhi and Political Activism as well as a update on future events.

In terms of a football tournament. We organised a Football Tournament in September, Shere Panjab Football Tournament. We raised over £10,000 for charities and 38 5-a-side teams participated, including 10 non-sikh teams!

If you want to take part in organising a similar event in your area or undertake some seva in our future events then we would consider ourselves most fortunate.

As a parent I am not convinced I would be happy with my kids playing on the xbox for 4 hours even if it's in a Guru ghar and for charity. Why not encourage the real thing, surly we are breeding too many obese couch potatoes by letting our kids sit on their backsides playing the xbox at home all day anyway!

• 2 weeks later...