What Do I Do? Is It A Bajjar Kurehat?

sukhjeevansingh

Sukhjeevan Singh Jee,

I promised you an instalment about this whole issue. Here it is...

You need to stay focussed on the wider implication of now being an Amritdharee Sikh. It means you have surrendered your soul to Gurujee and now are HIS child, HIS servant, HIS ambassador, HIS slave. It means you have started walking of becoming a saint-soldier. It means you have received and taken on a beautiful life of being a naam-focussed person. You have taken this option, instead of becoming a materialistic person selling his soul to his desires and putting a curtain between yourself and Guru. In your new life, Gurujee, unseen to your eyes stands before you looking after you and caring for you, no matter if you are in bristol or amritsar or washington.

How exciting is that!!!! Its awesome! You should be laughing in joy uncontrollably, because heaven has smiled upon you and have been chosen. Life and death have lost their power over you. The cycle and chains of karmas and past lifes have been broken. All you need to do now is to love Gurujee, Gurbani and Gurnam and be a Gursikh. The dewy dawn has broken into the evening of your sorrows!

Dont let this joy be robbed by constant mind boggling fuming and fretting about the nitty gritties of maryada and the ingredients of food. You have chosen a new lifestyle, so it will take a while to work out how to be more alert, careful and wise in matters of food and drink etc. Even when i migrated to this country many years ago it took me a while to adapt , likewise as i grow older, im having to adapt to a body which was different when i was young. When i started working here, when i started a business etc etc it took me a while to work out my sikhi lifestyle according to my changed circumstances. You do not need to walk around like a guilthy person and keep panicing every second day. Every now and then, you may say. do or think something which you later realise is not befitting your new lifestyle, but that is part of your learning curve, part of growing up , part of gaining experience and wisdom . When you were a baby u kept falling as you learning to stay upright and walk, but you didnt give up!!! you were so excited that you didnt need to crawl , but could quickly learn how to walk . When i learned swimming , i kept sinking in the water but i didnt give up!!!! i knew i will sooner or later swim and i was excited because swimming is great fun!

The best naam dhirh is that you make it a point to chant Waheguru a lot! i mean a lot! set aside specific times especially during amritvela to chant waheguru. Dont get bogged down by specific techniques . it does not matter if you sit or stand and chant , whether you chant with your tongue or with your breathe or loudly or silently, fast or slow . What really matters is you use simran to communicate and praise God and Gurujee with all your heart and all your love , knowing God and Gurujee is with you. Thats the best way to dhirh or ''drill'' naam into your consciousness. Its not about needing to get amrit from akj or visiting a ''mahapurukh'', its about doing your homework of simran big time as you walk, talk, eat, sleep and awake.

You seem to have told yourself there are 5 obstacles in your amritdharee life i.e.......1) being 16, 2) being sillier than others, 3)having non amritdharee parents, 4)living in bristol, 5) being in a strict private school. Actually you have every reason to be laughing in glee because these 5 aint obstacles but 5 great oppurtunities!!!! I'll tell you why now.....

Being 16 is great!! did you see the zac efron film --Seventeen Again? it means your body is fresh and young , more flexible and agile . you will be able to travel to programmes easily, learn keertan , gatka , gurbani fast because your brain is young and fresh. at least yu can look forward to a whole life as an amritdharee. others suffer all their life and only receive amrit just before dying. at your age , its so easy to quickly memorise large amounts of bani and chant loadz n loadz . At my age, my body is like an old house that squeeks and creaks, and a pain can just appear from no where right in the middle of amritvela !!!!

Feeling sillier and more careless than others is good because it makes you more humble and will help you be more alert, less complacent and more attentive in the long run.

Having non-amritdharee parents means you are the chosen ''special '' child in that family planted in that family to rescue that family . Wow! you remember the film, SHINING, where that's a divine child who saves his mother from evil.

Living in Bristol is great!!! Its a relatively low crime city, with very little racism, and with 4 -5 gurudwaras. You should study hard at school because after A levels, you could go to University of Bristol which is among the top 3 universities in this country for most courses and top 5 for the rest. Its going to become a very important and leading city in UK in your generation in the next 10 years for reasons i can tell you later. It has loads of vegan, vegeterian, , organic and asian and oriental shops, and a mixed population where you can walk around at peace in dastar/keshkee and kurta. There a quite a few blessed sikhs there though at your age you may not have noticed because blessed people dont advertise themselves, and they are scattered among the various gurudwaras there.

Also, you need see Bristol as a place for gurmat preaching among your school m8s and so many people there. Do in Bristol what Yoji Bhajan did in california. Take your white and other m8s with you to gurudwara . they would luv to be invited and eat tasty vegeteraian langar. write out simple tracts on sikhism and distribute them on saturday around broadmead and cabot circus and cribbs causseway. Let others know about sikhi. Distribute messages of hope and of Guru Nanak's saving power to the prostitutes along Easton, the drug addicts around St Paul, the rich around Clifton, the poor in Bedminster. Approach the BRI/Southmead hosp (with the student unions) to find out if there are Sikh societies at U.W.E AND U.B and City of Bristol Colege and attend their meetings, and go forward in giving talks on Sikhism. Start sikh naujawan satsangs in every gurudwara in bristol or in just one, and use facebook/myspace to network with other young Sikhs in Bristol/Bath /Cardiff /Swindon/Oxford. Bhai Randhir Singh brought people close to Sikhism sitting for 17 odd years in an evil prison!!!!!!! he doesnt rant about being in prison in his writings and biography.

And thank God for your private school. Its evident in the intelligent, exciting, unpredictable, funky way you write and think, like ''BLOOM'' who replied to your posts. You both should write books on Sikhism in the expressive style of your generation which is very explosive, original and dynamic, looking at Sikhi in even more exciting ways than people of my generation.

Also please learn languages such as italian, german, french and spanish, norwegian and chinese. then you can preach to naujawans in gurdwaras in all these countries. Likewise there are people in bristol who teach tabla, gurmat sangeet and gurbani. You just need to search.

So i hope you get your mind off little things and focus on the bigger picture of the MAGIC of being an amritdharee.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am correcting a typing error in one of the above paragraphs here as follows ....... Approach the BRI/Southmead hospitals and offer them to tell any Sikh patients that there is a Sikh willing to pray for them while they are warded and b4/after operations. Also ring the local student unions to find out if there are Sikh societies at U.W.E AND U.B and City of Bristol Colege and attend their meetings, and go forward in giving talks on Sikhism........

Veer ji,

In Khalsa Rehit Maryada, when someone does a kurehit intentionally he is a tankhaiya(punishable..even physically :excl: ). When, any mistake happen unintentionally, such people still need to get pesh but are not considered tankhaiya. So dont worry much about it. :)

Bhai Bloom ji has explained and justified it quite well:

Pesh Means to Present. Present Oneself to an Authority. In Worldly Games There are Fake Courts and Judges. In The True Game of Khalsa Dharma There Is The True Court and Eternal King. Panj Pyareh Are the Judges. In the True Court of Khalsa Dharma in the Presence of the True King and The Jeevanee RehitVaan Panj Pyareh, a Special Power is Present. Here 'Pesh' is to Present Oneself to The True King and Court. The Court Will Make the Judgement.

-------------------------------------------

thats basically the same except i can get the technique of saas giraas simran from akj or it will come from inside me is what ive been told. or a sant mahapurkh can teach me!

NO........no mahapursh no matter how chardekala they are have the right to do so.Refer to this pangti, only Guru Sahib can infuse(dhrirh Naam into us):

ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮਾ ਹਉ ਜੀਵਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇ ॥

ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਜੀਵਣੁ ਨਾ ਥੀਐ, ਮੇਰੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ (40-6, ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ, ਮ: 4)

O my Beloved, I live by meditating on Your Name.

Without Your Name, my life does not even exist. My True Guru has implanted the Naam within me. ||1||Pause||

actually there are some rehitvaan Nihang Dals giving Naam Dhirh too.......

Only Guru Roop Panj Piarey are supreme. :) Yes, you are right. Some Naam Abhiyasis are sometimes blessed with this vidi by Guru Sahib. (but vadey bhag are needed and a lot of bhagti)

Naam Drirh or Naam Jappan De Jugtee (technique) is given to all at any Amrit Sanchars. Don't fall into the trap of believing that their is only one Jugtee for Japping Naam, as there are numerous.

Guroo Jee in the form of the Punj Pyare will give you the Jugtee to Jap Naam in your Amrit Sanchaar. Follow the hukam of your Panj and ignore anyone that tells you there is only one Jugtee, whether on Internet Forums or in person...because they're are wrong!