'Don'T Find God, Release Him'

Only five

'Don't find God, release him' is article which was loaded onto Sikhnet news section. After reading this article, there is a couple things I want to address out of it.

http://www.sikhnet.com/news/dont-find-god-release-him

I firmly believe that doing positive things and seeing good qualities in others is what makes one experience God on earth.

I agree with doing positive things, but seeing good qualities in others is subjective and every egotistical because the frame of reference you use to see the good qualities is your own knowledge and life experiences. To this I say who is good and who is bad and seeing the good is the cause of pushing away Waheguru. Going in with a neutral state where no one is good or bad is actually the true way to experience God. Gurbani tells us this world is just a play of Waheguru and he choses to do as he wishes. Take for example when it was just Waheguru. Who committed good acts and who committed bad acts. Everything just was. Even now the same is happening, only Waheguru exist, but this illusion before our eyes is causing us to see things in terms of good or bad. Neither is good acts permanent nor are bad acts, so why see this in a person. What is permanent is Waheguru. The mind needs to be trained to see only Waheguru, whether it be in a mass murder(Indira Gandhi) or Gurmukh(Sant Jarnail SIngh ji Khalsa).

A person's actions does make them who they are, but why drop your true self to subjective ways of seeing the good qualities or bad qualities. Realize it is Waheguru's play and h/she is acting out of Waheguru's command. The best I can describe this state is to be neutral.

The last part of the sentence says to experience God on earth. Fair enough we have been placed here on earth, but God exist (there is a full stop after the word exist). Making his experience limited to earthly ways is being stuck in an illusion. We know the world truly doesn't exist so why get stuck here. God is truly experienced if only God exist in that experience. Those things we call feet will be planted on the thing we call earth, but yourself, that I will be with Waheguru. Remember the earth is false so is your body and is part of the cycle of birth and death. Only Waheguru eixst and the experience of Waheguru is experienced with, in, on Waheguru.

The person concerned can be dressed in an expensive designer ensemble and still offer a helping hand anywhere... whether it’s a restaurant, bar or even on the road. Spirituality is not about finding God. Actually, there's nothing to find. It’s more about releasing the innate God (or the goodness) in you through your, thoughts, words, and day-to-day actions.

Speaking about a 100% pure spiritually uplifted soul the way h/she dresses is immaterial, but it will surely represent that 100% purity. This person's actions and where h/she is going(restaurant, bar) also represent that purity. But in this case these types of individuals are not being talked about. The individuals that are on this path are being talked about and what these individuals wear, actions, and where they go will directly have an affect on them. Everyone brings up the example that Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji wore a kalgi and dressed up like a royal king. What needs to be understood is that Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji was/is 100% pure spiritually and is Waheguru. Take for example if Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji went to a bar(not saying he did) he would not be affected by any type of maya in that bar, but if a person that is on this journey to be one with Waheguru steps in a bar or any other place where maya is the reason why the business exist, then their is a 100% gurantee your spirituality will be damaged and you will walk out less spiritual. The same will occur the way you dress, don't matter if it is expensive or flashy or skippy clothing, if your jivan(spirituality) is not strong, that 100% then expect that spirituality to keep lowering. Some build their spirituality up to a point where they are not affected by wearing expensive clothing or flashy cloth, but since it is not 100% that spirituality will keep dropping, and increasing(by doing paath, charity, honest work) and dropping and increasing everytime you wear, or do, or go somewhere maya is up in full blast. In this instance the person is stuck on heaven and hell. Does paath, but lowers it back by indulging in maya.(not to target a certain group, but this happens to those that say hair is not important and like going to clubs, bars, lil Wayne type concertes)

Everyone that says it does not affect me is that person who built a spiritual way big enough, but this wall is getting smaller and thinner everytime they step foot in maya. And some are just completely blind they don't know what maya is.

I don’t think inner depth or religion has anything to do with an individual’s personal style preferences.

Exactly what I just described above. This person has built a wall and is living in heaven and hell. Believes God exist and believes maya is not affecting her. Remmeber that ego, which Guru Sahib speaks about repeatively, well here it is in it's full colors.

Possessing expensive things does not make one less spiritual, nor do we need to sacrifice something in order to attain something else. It’s our own self-inflicted limitations that reinforce the mistaken belief that we can’t have it all. In reality, there’s no reason why we can’t strike a healthy balance between material things and spiritual enlightenment.

How many of us have tried this healthy balance. Probably everyone and for everyone they became possessive over collecting more material things or living in what you have now, possessively. It could have been denying someone something really small or that hint of ego coming from what you have. Ever take up a long shift for expensive or let me put it in terms of marketing, more 'features' or chased after extra cash for some expensive items that was not required or worked to get jewellery or treat yourself to something special then in no way did you keep a healthy balance. Only those souls that are 100% or close to it(99.9999999%) are able to keep this healthy balance. Other than that the spirituality is being lowered and one of the five theives(greed, anger, lust, ego, atachment) is growing and eventually, let's hope, you pick up on it and snap yourself out of it. The day you can give your expensive items away to a charity, without any feeling of loss or I'll get more from Waheguru because I just gave, then on that day you have over come greed and attachment.

Spirituality signifies achieving personal excellence in every area of one’s life; from family life to career as well as inner growth. Simply put, it’s putting one’s best foot forward.

I also feel wearing symbols of God is not as important as feeling the faith and applying those values on a daily basis in one’s life. But, if wearing these symbols reminds one to practice spiritual teachings, then it doesn't matter where the person wears them as long as they are sincerely applied.

What I said earlier about what you wear affects you, well this is a perfect example of being blind to the affect, which then brings out the ego(the affect is the ego comes out). This person uses the word faith, but forgets spirituality begins on faith and this faith sticks with you until you are that 100% pure spiritual being. As a spiritual being you don't know what is important or not. Only what you know is to listen(listening to Gurbani, Guru Sahib's Hukams). And those that think they do know what is important and not, is speaking out of ego. Waheguru tells us what is important and Satguru Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji made the 5 kakkar a must for a Sikh. Also you can't say I have faith in Waheguru and then say the Kakkar(five k's) are not as important because Guru Sahib told us they are important. Waheguru in the form of Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji told us they are important. And the statement becomes a clear contradiction.

I think there is a lesson in every experience one faces in life and it's important to learn from these myriad experiences. Whether it means becoming emotionally stronger when a family member is unwell or something as simple as learning patience from a child or while waiting endlessly in a traffic jam — there's much to learn through life's daily lessons. It's about learning from everyday life and consequently applying anything that can make one a better person.

My idea of happiness is that it emanates from inner peace — when that happens, it means that one has achieved harmony in life.

(Alpana Gujral is a jewellery designer)

And there you have it she's a jewellery designer, gotta get jewellery sold, so tell people it doesn't affect them spiritually, right. That was just sarcasm and in no way should it be taken seriously.

Lastly in no way did I target her profession and then say it is the reason why she pushes her views on the reader. Strictly kept it objective and to the point.

U should reply this on sikhnet so that other visitors can get the idea. Did u reply this on sikhnet news?

Singh, no I haven't and am not planning to, but if you want to put it there, then you can and add whatever you think hasn't been addressed by me or is wrong.

I just took it up as a brain execrise.