What kind of.......

Bhullar

Soldiers are God fearing. How did you motivate your men to carry out the operation in a holy shrine?

On the day we went in, I decided I must talk to the men personally and tell them what we were doing and why we were doing it. I began at 4 am in the morning [of June 5], spent half an hour with the first unit; then half an hour with the next unit and so on. To every one of them, I explained this was not a mission against any religion or a temple, but a mission against some militants who have defiled the temple; it was no longer a place of sanctity but a defiled place and we were going to clean it out.

Even so, I told my men if any one of them wanted to opt out of this operation, they were welcome. I gave them my word that they would not be hounded nor would their unit commanding officer mark them negatively.

No one put his hand up to back out, not in the first, not in the second, not in the third…

In the fourth battalion, one hand went up. It belonged to a Sikh officer, Second Lieutenant Jasbir Singh Raina, in the unit commanded by [Lieutenant Colonel] Mohammad Israr [Lt Col Israr of the 10 Guards would lead the first unit into the Golden Temple]. I told Raina if he wanted to stay out, he need have no fear in doing so. Raina replied he had a request: he wanted to be the first person to enter the Golden Temple to wipe the militants who had defiled his holiest shrine. I was very happy and told Israr that Raina must be allowed to lead the first charge.

The moment Raina entered

, he came under a withering fire and suffered serious injuries to his legs. Yet, he refused to pull out. Israr Israr rang me up saying Raina was refusing to evacuate. I then ordered Israr to get Raina out and into the waiting ambulance. Months later, when he received the Ashoka Chakra [the highest bravery award in peace times], he came to receive the award in a wheelchair. I had tears in my eyes because I remembered this young boy standing up to say he wanted be the first to enter. These are things that not many people know

FOund on reddiff

They made articles on how bluestar was really not bad, how sant ji was like osama how we suffered no injustice

BAN THEM

Send hate mail!!!

I say we ask them to look at those articles.

NEWS INFORMS< NOT DISCRIMINATES

I think Sikh organizations should get together to counter these articles. These guys are no different then holocaust deniers who deny and even under state the extent of the holocaust. I expected more from Rediff. But what can you expect from these guys. This paper is down from South India, what would they know of North Indian politics. That would explain their third class reporting of North Indian politics like their take on Operation blue-star.

I think that Sikh originations should get together and spend loads of money to create the ultimate website on operation blue-star to spread more awareness. The thing I noticed the most by reading Rediffs articles is that they are suffering from lack of awareness. They really don’t know what happened, they are only getting information from one side of the story. If we had a major website then atleast we could make aware the people of our side of the story. The website should be official like the carnage84 website that explains to everyone in detail about the anti-Sikh riots that occurred after Indira Gundeee’s death.

that sonds like an excerpt from the book by Brar... i bought it cuz i thought it'd be good literature.. startede reading it... when i was wayyyyy dumber than i am right now about sikhi........... and even then it sounded like utter crap... totally makes Hindia sound like a saviour

that sonds like an excerpt from the book by Brar... i bought it cuz i thought it'd be good literature.. startede reading it... when i was wayyyyy dumber than i am right now about sikhi........... and even then it sounded like utter crap... totally makes Hindia sound like a saviour

Yeah it is from Brar, posted on Reddiff