Being Denied By Waheguru

Guest Kaur

Guest _Kaur_

Thanks veerjeo. This was the kind of answer I was looking for. I guess I kind of knew it all along and just wanted someone else to put light upon it. I agree that not all Amritdhari Sikhs are righteous. I have seen stuff like this with two of our "Giani's" at the Gurdwara, one was caught stealing liquor and the other was about to run away with all of the money. But that also doesnt mean that all Amritdhari people are bad. Then I guess my point is that love for Waheguru is what come's first. One day with the grace of Guru Ji I will take amrit and become an Amritdhari Sikh.

Thanks once again for all of the advice I have recieved.

Guest amrit

You need to keep up your naam jaap.

When you get darshan in dreams or in waking life you will know you are on the right path whether you've taken amrit or not-(amrit is protection, those who can climb without this will find it harder but more rewarding). From there you need to keep climbing and eventually you'll reach the top. If you love Guruji you'll make it, he'll lead you. Pray every night in ardas for darshan and keep focused on the Guru while japping naam.

You're more pure than most amritdharis I know so keep at it, and remeber to control your thoughts- thinking of guruji all the time and japping naam all the time will take you higher and make you purer.

IN sikhi the concept of heaven and hell is no accepted, Baba Kabir ji has said SURAG BAAS NAHI BANCHIYE

DARIYE NA NARAK NIWAS

A sikh does not fall in this trap, for our aim is neither narak or swarg (these sites are temporary halts, if ever they exist at all) the aim of a Sikh is above this , to be in unison with the Creator ) . forthee we believe

that TAHA BAIKUNTH TERA( THE PLACE WHERE WE RECITE THE KIRTI OF THE CREATOR IS BAIKUNTH OR THE

SO CALLED SAWARAG)_

PL FORGIVE IF OFFENDED

WJKK WJKF

• 3 years later...
Guest Kulbir

My veiw to the original question is this: what I have come to know from reading gurbani - even mool mantar is that no matter how much you jap naam, read gurbani, keep rehat with or without amrit; waheguru ji will only accept us if our Guru ji accepts us. Acceptance = Gur parshad. I can d all the simran, but if I have ego, you loose all the good affect of it as Guru ji does not like his Sikh's ego. So our rehat, with or without amrit will only be fruitful, if guru ji put his grace on us (Gurparshad).

So we do all pathd, pooja to ge Gurparshad (Guru ji's grace). So we take amrit, to get Guru ji's grace, since it is the way to officially have guru ji say to you taht you are my sikh. We can say guru ji you are ours, but for guru ji to say you are mine, is to take amrit. You take amrit, as it is hukam of Guru ji for ever Sikh to take amrit, and then keep rehat - that is 5 Ks, 5 bani's in the morning, 2 in the evening, avoiding Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Ahankar; keeping humbleness and avoding ego; reciting god's name all the time, helping all others, givning daswandh (10% of your income). Yes we can do this all without amrit, and you qualify to go to chah khand, but now all you need to do is give your arm to your guru - you have the visa, but you need to sit in the ship/plane to go there. That ship is you arm in your guru's hand, you on board the boat.

Of course you can run from India to Canada/US/UK whaterver - it will take longer - but most probably you will die somewher in the way. That is why Guru/ship/plane is a must. As far as the other world is - it is true for them too - without guru they can not achieve salvation. For a christian,it is also important to get bebpised, muslim to get sunat. A hindu to have bramin as his guru and wear Jeniu. Jews to be baptised. So for sikhs to take Amrit as prescribed by 5 peyares, as powered by Guru Gobind Singh ji - the 10th Nanak. In the first nine Jamas of the Guru Nanak was to take charna amrit; but in the 10th jama, guru nanak ji changed this to Khande de pahul. So take it with pride and give your arm to your guru. It would be a priviliged, if you are taken back from death to take amrit; not all of us will get that chance. That mata ji got that chance because she was the mother of a great saint.

Guest Truth

Gurbani says that in the age of kaljug, salvation comes from Naam. Naam is truth, truth practice is natural and intuitive- it is silencing the mind, silencing the ego- the maya- the bullsh*t, the noise so that we begin to learn and live the truth.

Taking Amrit is fine as long as you are prepared to walk the path of the spiritual warrior, to remain faithful to truth through thick and thin and not to sell yourself to maya. There is no point in taking Amrit, and thinking we are all sorted- gurbani must be practiced 100% 24/7, not just claimed.

Ridding ourselves of the 5 thieves of maya which rob us of the life force of Amrit and keep us stuck in births and deaths is key.

Many get stuck in obsession with sex- Guru Nanak said the whole world is obsessed by it..

People cannot fathom that there Is something so blissful and uncomprehendably beautiful that trumps any worldly obsession like lust and maya pleasures we could have. But few are willing to live this True Love called Truth and some prefer to simply claim to live it while secretly desiring maya.

Practicing Gurbani is all that is needed, Bani is Guru and Guru is bani. The gyan is there, people just need to live it instead of beating around the bush, trying to complicate it and finding ways to avoid it.

Always speak the truth, dont even tell a white lie, live Nirboah and Nirvair- All is the Truth that He himself sat in the primal void for many ages and discovered and lives to this day- so love the Truth that he became-Nirvair- it is everyone and everything and it is Nothing(na roop na rekh na rang).

And be fearless for all is Him- Nirboah. This is His khel- it is not real- it is just a game to discover Truth. Detach from it for it is just an illusion and recognise Him in Everything.

Satnaam- Truth is His Name.

• 4 months later...
Guest Harmansingh

Sab jee tumhare jee

Tu jeean ka daatara

All forms and bodies (living creatures) are Your creation. You are their provider of bounties and sustenance. (Therefore) O devotees (saints) meditate on the One God. He is the dispeller (and remover) of all pains and sorrow.