Are We Sopposed To Have A Weapon On Us All The Time?

Guest harminderkaur

Okay, let me try to explain why we are suppose to carry a weapon at all times. A person that is about to attack you is not going to tell you that they are about to attack you and that you should go get a weapon.

The person that said they can't wear a kirpan at the mall, office and etc, which country do you live? If you live in america, what you said doesn't add up. Sikhs were their kirpan to work, mall and pretty much every where. I have yet to see my father have to take it off to go anywhere but the airport. Which is reasonable for me because you can't have a terrorist dress up like a sikh and then use it for a weapon to hurt so many people at one time. Though, if an amritdhari sikh had his kirpan and was on one of the planes on 9/11, things could have been different.

Oh and for the people that say you can get arrested the moment you raise your kirpan, are you kidding me? I say that for 2 reasons:

1. If you can get arrested for it, maybe you were too quick to raise a sword. as Sikhs we are first suppose to use all means possible to right a wrong before we raise a sword. And if you are at the point were raising a sword was necessary then let them arrest you, you want that. You want the whole world too know you got arrested because you did the right thing and watch how many people well raise up and fight for you. Plus, it is justified there is no way a court can convict you. Hows this, any veer, bhen that gets arrested for raising a sword after all other means had failed, I well personally pay for all the expenses to get them out of jail, win their court case and whatever it takes to get them justice.

2. If you can get arrested the moment you raise a sword, how in the world are all the bad guys getting away with murder and rape and etc.?

Oh and people that mention 1986 and people that hid their kirpans to avoid police arresting them and etc. They were not my Sacha Patsah's Khalsa, Khalsa never hides in fear. They weren't ready to be Khalsa and they proved it.

Oh and the veer/bhens that made the mistake but later did the right thing have nothing to worry about, they have been welcomed into Sachkand, same as the 40 mukhta aa.

IF YOU DON"T THINK WEAPONS NEED TO BE CARRIED, YOU ARE NOT READY TO BE KHALSA. SIMPLE as that.

blush.gif Ive heard that we are sikhs are always soppose to keep weapons, is this true and if it is how are we suppose to take it to school?

amritdhari sikhs are required to have a kirpan on them at all times. for school, wear a smaller kirpan underneath your clothes on a shorter gatra. a short gatra has the benefit that the kirpan won't swing around, it's easier to handle than tying a kamarkaassa for gym class. when you have to change for gym, just change your overshirt and wear an undershirt over the kirpan. these ideas will help if u live in an area where sikhs face discrimination.

mostly, you need to focus on your banis and gurmantr/mool mantr abhyaas. this will build up your confidence and make it easier for you to stand out. it will make you stronger.

i remember this katha i heard from someone somewehre that even if you dont know how to use shaster its good to have them for when the time comes shaheed singhs them selves will use them in your hands!! maharajs hukum is to remain shasterdhari baba thakur singh ji used to encourage a nine inch dastaar for singhs and singhnis. shaster vidya is important but even if you can only use it in the very basic ways for example to stop an attack then you should have a decent size shastar. and what sunsingh paaji said is best..

i think theirs a rehatnama or in one of the suraj prakash/ prachin panth parkash granths. where is it says that guru ji said that their khalsa children should come before them adorned with shastars and now guru granth sahib ji is their roop so we should go in bana and shastar before our guru..

shastar vidya like i said before is very essential but if you cant get it then dont worryfocus on maharaj they will use it to save your paij

i also wanted to add, if somebody asks to see it, i would just tell them that it's a very very personal thing to me, and i don't feel comfortable showing it to them. it avoids making it some sort of 'sideshow attraction' and can also avoid problems caused by people's overreactions/misunderstandings. i just wouldn't even mention it, out of sight out of mind!

<br />wre can you learn proper hand to hand combat and do they each you that n ny gatka sessions, i do carry shasters but i would like to learn hand to hand combat.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No gatka cannot teach you anything useful in terms of self preservation and had to hand comabt...it has become a watered down circus act to entertain crowds...You must learn a proper combat art that ecompasses hand to hand combat, grappling, fighting multiples, bladed weapons and sticks etc..

There are few such arts which are openly taught these days, of the Puratan North indian and more recently Sikh arts..only Niddar Singh Nihang in the UK teaches Shastar Vidiya in it's pure form...However some people choose not to learn from him as they believe his belief system conflicts with their own..

Then there are the Filliono arts such as Panantukan, Kali, Eskrima which are also very good and encompass hands free and bladed weapons..Silat, syatma, savate are also useful along with krav maga...