Guest r k

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any comments on kids with guns..?

This picture is foul, repulsive, and disturbing. There’s a young Sikh boy holding a gun, and the Sangat seems to be in favor of this behavior. That child cannot make a conscious decision about his beliefs or values at that age; however, by placing a weapon is his hand, we have shown the child that violence is the answer—even before he’s learned to read or write. Is this what the Khalistani movement is all about?

I’m very disturbed if this is so. The Khalistan movement is showing signs of severe fanaticism, Islam like extremism, illiteracy, cult-mentality and sheer stupidity. Any man or woman who chooses to place a weapon in an innocent child’s hands is suffering from at least one or all of the abovementioned conditions. Furthermore, anybody—Khalistani or not—who takes pride and encourages such behavior, you too are nothing but an <banned word filter activated>.

Children do not need to bear the burdens of our immature disputes. Teaching children violence will breed uneducated thugs—fools. Children are our future, our hope, and if they are allowed to believe that to take arms is the only way in life: the five rivers of Panjab will be tainted with blood, and I shall never take pride in calling myself SIKH—because it’s clear, we’ve LEARNED nothing. Children need to be taught the virtues of kindness, love,

respect and honesty. I’m utterly embarrassed to call myself Sikh at times like this.

Shame on you fools for promoting this.

"burdens of our immature disputes"

I am with you, but what "immature disputes" are you talking about? I pray to God you are not referring to the desecration of Darbar Sahib, or the pogroms in Delhi, or the thousands of fake police encounters, or the abduction of human rights activists.

I want you to remember that a lot of the pics you are viewing were taken after the attack on Darbar sahib. Just as we respect our Puraane Shaheeds for taking arms against the Mughals, people after the 1984 attack took to arms to fight the injustice. So instead of acting like an over-sensitive individual, try to understand the circumstances under which these photos were taken, If your uncles and your aunts, your father and your mother were murdered by the police, I'm sure as a Sikh you wouldn't have your sons holding doves. The people in the pics are showing the martial tradition of the Sikhs. This tradition is much celebrated when looking back at the Mughal period and the British occupation, but now people like you are disgusted to see Sikhs with weapons ready to defend their faith. We put huge pictures of Sikhs with cannons blowing apart Mughal forces, but when one sees a Kharkoo singh protecting the shaan and aan of Harmandir sahib, one says, oh my God, that is not Sikhi....

Guest mehtab
The Khalistan movement is showing signs of severe fanaticism, Islam like extremism, illiteracy, cult-mentality and sheer stupidity.
Correction! The Khalistani movement is nowhere close to any Islamic movement which openly propagates and encourages murder of all non-Muslims. I don't think any true Khalistani had anything against Hindus (did you know there were a small number of Hindus as well who took Amrit and became Kharkoos?)
Children need to be taught the virtues of kindness, love, respect and honesty.
And what happens when that kindness, love, respect and honesty is attacked? Do the children smile and take slaps like gandhi said, or do they kick back like the lions of the Tenth Guru?
I’m utterly embarrassed to call myself Sikh at times like this.
Please feel free not to do so then. :wub:
Shame on you fools for promoting this.
Cool, and now please listen to my benti of changing your nickname on this forum, otherwise we can have it changed if you feel embarassed in choosing one. tongue.gif
I want you to remember that a lot of the pics you are viewing were taken after the attack on Darbar sahib. Just as we respect our Puraane Shaheeds for taking arms against the Mughals, people after the 1984 attack took to arms to fight the injustice. So instead of acting like an over-sensitive individual, try to understand the circumstances under which these photos were taken, If your uncles and your aunts, your father and your mother were murdered by the police, I'm sure as a Sikh you wouldn't have your sons holding doves. The people in the pics are showing the martial tradition of the Sikhs. This tradition is much celebrated when looking back at the Mughal period and the British occupation, but now people like you are disgusted to see Sikhs with weapons ready to defend their faith. We put huge pictures of Sikhs with cannons blowing apart Mughal forces, but when one sees a Kharkoo singh protecting the shaan and aan of Harmandir sahib, one says, oh my God, that is not Sikhi....
Now thats more like it :cool:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Putting arms in childrens hands is no solution.

Bloodshed begets more bloodshed. Why mark our children as targets?

They are innocent and know no wrong. To arm them with bullets is to brainwash a generation.

I'm not saying we should just let our children die. And I'm not standing around while the oppressors continue to enslave. But our children need to understand the ideals of peace before live ammuniition is placed in front of them.

Regardless of what has happened in the past, we will survive because we are Sikh. And we can do it without putting the idea of warfare in such innocent minds.

Yes, children suffered at the hands of our oppressors. Let us not make the mistake of sentencing more of our younger generations to slavery struggle and death. I entreat you. Our children should be our vision for peace. A gun in the lap of a child is spilling the seeds at our childrens feet.

Mourn and bless those that have been killed wrongfully, but don't curse many more to the same fate.

Protect the children. This is what the young shaheeds would want you to remember. Don't arm them so they are targetted. Protect them so that Sikhism survives.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

veer je, i see wat ure saying

but if anyone willingly is ready to defend their religion, regardless of the age, thats great

can we say that guru je was wrong in putting kirpans in the hands of all of his childrens?

no, we cant

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

A kirpan is not a weapon. It is a symbol. It symbolizes our ability to stand up for what we believe in. I am not against children standing up for what we as Sikhs believe in. I am against children being taught that the kirpans they wear in honor of our Gurus and Sikh history are just swords to be unsheathed whenever their views are not met with consistent agreement. The edge of the blade of a kirpan is the sharpness of justice. They kirpan is meant to train the mind to be just as sharp and exact in the search for justice. Guru Gobind Singh Ji fought with his famous pens, before he even lifted his sword.

A child can stand up for what he or she believes in and will be heard far louder than a rambling gun in their hands. Preserve innocence, for it can be a weapon of righteousness as well.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

guru gobind singh je first wrote, but did fight

and the sahibzadae were given kirpans when it was time to fight

sant jarnail singh wirte and asked much of india to stop

but they ignored, and them we had to bear arms

and our demands still have not been met

so dharam yudh moorch will still go on

remeber, khalsa is a sant and a sipai

but i agreewith u that we shudnt fight unless we try and try and when finally no one listens then it is ok to unleash the kirpa

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

As a symbol the kirpan represents much more than a blade used in a historical battle. Because it was not just a historic battle but a battle of Sikhi ideals.

"guru gobind singh je first wrote, but did fight"

He fought with words, and he fought on the battlefield, Waheguru.

He was an artisan of weaponry of words and ink, which run through paper and men, Waheguru.

Our Great Founder Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, never lifted a finger against Khoda Rakhi and Vali Khundari. Gurudwaras were built at the sites where Guru ji encountered them by Him and he encouraged Sikhs to come to these sites and pray for these poor misguided monsters. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji came before there were kirpans, and He managed to preserve our religion. I mean no disrespect to any Guru, but why do we always reflect on Guru Gobind Singh Ji's teachings and not other Gurujis like our Father Dham Dham Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji ? He fought when there were no weapons to fight with. Why can't we assume we are without weapons and follow His example?

Sikhs are all over the world. We are not bound like many other faiths to soil and dirt. That is why Sikhism will survive today and forever. And if we each do parchaar, and teach others about the Sikhi way, Khalistan won't just be a borderline between Pakistan and India, Khalistan will be everything we see in this world.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!