Kesi Ishnaan

Guest ishnaantothemax!

Guest ishnaantothemax!

vjkk vjkf!

Sadhu Sangatt Ji,

Das does not do keshi ishnaan every day. I only do pinda b/c with going to school and having a paaree kesh that doesn't dry fast its hard to get ready and dry my hairs and everything. So some questions:

1. Can or can you not do bani / simran while you have your wet hair down and drying.(head still covered)

I'm thinking this is a no for sure b/c I know i've read about how the coiled hair on top of the dasum dwar acts similarly to an electromagnetic coil does and concentrates the affect of your abhiyas.

2. How do you guru-piareh who do keshi ishnaan every morning with heavy kes dry your hair?

piareh bheneh and veereh your helping this moorakh on his quest to strengthen his rehit would be much appreciated!

Guest Kharrag Singh

Gurfateh

Following is learning from Gursikhs....

1. Doing bani/simran while ur hair is open but covered, is fine.

One should cover asap but for the time hair is uncovered, one shouldnt have to stop reciting bani or simran, but in such circumstances pothi/ gutka sahib should not be parkashed. Also, whilst head is uncovered, one shouldnt wear their shoes..this is discipline of Gursikhs out of respect for Akaal Purakh, Gurbaani and their Kes.

2. Wake up really early... : )

Gurfateh

Guest Guest

vjkk vjkf!

Sadhu Sangatt Ji,

Das does not do keshi ishnaan every day. I only do pinda b/c with going to school and having a paaree kesh that doesn't dry fast its hard to get ready and dry my hairs and everything. So some questions:

1. Can or can you not do bani / simran while you have your wet hair down and drying.(head still covered)

I'm thinking this is a no for sure b/c I know i've read about how the coiled hair on top of the dasum dwar acts similarly to an electromagnetic coil does and concentrates the affect of your abhiyas.

2. How do you guru-piareh who do keshi ishnaan every morning with heavy kes dry your hair?

piareh bheneh and veereh your helping this moorakh on his quest to strengthen his rehit would be much appreciated!

1. Yes you can. Do Simran with your hair fully loose and uncovered. Tie your keski round your waist and put your kanga inside your keski-"belt". Some people insist on tying dastar before doing Gurbani, I personally am fine with covering the kesh whilst loose with and covering it with another keski (like a "chunni"). It depends on your personal sharda - I may be wrong, but I know other Gurmukhs who do the same. Plenty of Sants and Gurmukhs have photos taken of them doing bhagti with hair loose - no doubt the dasam duar is a sacred place but for beginners such as ourselves I doubt hair loose/soggy hair tied up is very different.

2. Wake up earlier, do simran with loose hair for longer, if your hair is still wet after being loose for 3 hours + after simran/nitnem, you could consider waking up earlier, then going to sleep for an hour or 2 after your nitnem has finished, whilst leaving hair loose. I would avoid using a hairdryer because using it on a daily basis may damage your hair.

• 7 years later...

Waheguru g ka khalsa

Waheguru g ki fateh..

I jst wanna ask dat Can we do amritwela while letting our uncoverder wet hairs dry??? M asking cuz i found it a bit difficult in winters to let dry the wet covered hairs !!!

7 hours ago, Guest Murakh said:

Waheguru g ka khalsa

Waheguru g ki fateh..

I jst wanna ask dat Can we do amritwela while letting our uncoverder wet hairs dry??? M asking cuz i found it a bit difficult in winters to let dry the wet covered hairs !!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

It's best to memorise Nitnem so that you don't need Gutka Sahib. Let your hair down & recite Gurbani.

If not then you can listen to recorded Paath.

Other option is to wrap a towel & let it absorb water for sometime later if needed use a hair dryer.

Keep in mind that all of the above aren't best practice just substandard fixes.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

14 hours ago, Guest Murakh said:

Waheguru g ka khalsa

Waheguru g ki fateh..

Yes you can, just cover your hair with a light cloth like a chunni or rumal so it can dry quicker