Lesson In Heart

A lesson in "heart" is about a little 10-year-old girl, who was born with a muscle missing in her foot and wears a brace all the time. She came home one beautiful spring day to tell her mother she had competed in "field day" - that's where they have lots of races and other competitive events.

Because of her leg support, her mothers' mind raced as she tried to think of encouragement for her daughter, things she could say to her about not letting this get her down – but before she could get a word out, she said,“Daddy, I won two of the races! I had an advantage.”

Ah. She must have been given a head start her mother thought…some kind of physical advantage. But again, before her mother could say anything, she said,

“Daddy, I didn’t get a head start…My advantage was I had to try harder!”

It's amazing how our perspective can really change the way we see things. Remember, never give up! We only break down when we think we are alone. Truth is the Waheguru is always with us so why fear? Tackle each problem with a smile and see how that task becomes easy!

This is probably my last post for a while. I promise I will be back. It's been amazing here...I've learnt a lot from all of you! So much pyaar and gyaan...I don't have enough words to thank you all, especially PJS veerji and I Humbly Bow bhenji. Keep smiling, never lose faith and stay in Chardi Kala! Please do ardas for this moorakh that I don't fall weak aur jis karaj layi mai jaa rahi haan oh poora hove. Bye! smile.gif

Just a few more words from me before I go. Something for all of us to think about: -

1. Dear God: I have a problem. Sometimes, it’s me.
  2. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.
  3. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
  4. Do the maths. Count your blessings.
  5. Faith is the ability to not panic.
  6. Laugh every day, it’s like inner jogging.
  7. If we worry, we probably didn’t pray. If we pray, we probably don’t worry.
  8. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
  9. The most important things in our homes are the people.
  10. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knots for us.
  11. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
  12. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.
  13. Nothing is real to you until we experience it, otherwise it’s just hearsay.
  14. Surviving and living our life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams we seek require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle — it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
  15. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

A lesson in "heart" is about a little 10-year-old girl, who was born with a muscle missing in her foot and wears a brace all the time. She came home one beautiful spring day to tell her mother she had competed in "field day" - that's where they have lots of races and other competitive events.

Because of her leg support, her mothers' mind raced as she tried to think of encouragement for her daughter, things she could say to her about not letting this get her down – but before she could get a word out, she said,"Daddy, I won two of the races! I had an advantage."

Ah. She must have been given a head start her mother thought…some kind of physical advantage. But again, before her mother could say anything, she said,

"Daddy, I didn't get a head start…My advantage was I had to try harder!"

It's amazing how our perspective can really change the way we see things. Remember, never give up! We only break down when we think we are alone. Truth is the Waheguru is always with us so why fear? Tackle each problem with a smile and see how that task becomes easy!

This is probably my last post for a while. I promise I will be back. It's been amazing here...I've learnt a lot from all of you! So much pyaar and gyaan...I don't have enough words to thank you all, especially PJS veerji and I Humbly Bow bhenji. Keep smiling, never lose faith and stay in Chardi Kala! Please do ardas for this moorakh that I don't fall weak aur jis karaj layi mai jaa rahi haan oh poora hove. Bye! smile.gif

Just a few more words from me before I go. Something for all of us to think about: -

1. Dear God: I have a problem. Sometimes, it's me.
  2. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.
  3. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
  4. Do the maths. Count your blessings.
  5. Faith is the ability to not panic.
  6. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.
  7. If we worry, we probably didn't pray. If we pray, we probably don't worry.
  8. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.
  9. The most important things in our homes are the people.
  10. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knots for us.
  11. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
  12. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.
  13. Nothing is real to you until we experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.
  14. Surviving and living our life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams we seek require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle — it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
  15. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

BUT where are you going ??