Sikh Books Disapearing

recently ive been trying to get books by Giani Ditt Singh of the Singh Sabha movement and other old books, so i can upload them to the internet for everyone to read. And when i wanted to buy them they say that they dont publish them anymore because there old.

Our old books are disappearing and i think that the newer generation will not get to read the older vadvans books.

If anyone has old sikh books because contact me im trying to upload to the internet. I will even buy them from you. Fateh.

well, at wednesfield gurdwara, we have books from Wolverhampton libraries for our own library, which we return every 6 months, and they gave us some of their old books on Sikhi. They had some pretty good books and there was even 2 copies of Bhai Bala's Janamsakhi included. So you can ask your local library, what they do with the older books, and if they could be given to you, rather than decompose somewhere.

secondly, if you go to India, and go to bookshops there, ask for any old books on sikhi, and if they havent got them in the shop, ask them to get them out for another time. Sometimes they will just put them into storage or summat. But if they know that they can sell them, they will get them out.

Buy Giani Ditt Singh Rachnavali published by Bhasha Vibhag. It has 8 books of Giani Ditt Singh. Go to libraries. They have many of the old books you would want. This is how I got some of the very old books and made copies. You have to know someone inside to get this treasure. Also try small book shops in Mayee Sewa Bazar in Amritsar. I found Durga Parbodh lying in trash in one of the small book shops. It was in terrible condition so I left it there. I got it from somewhere else. I have more books of Giani Ditt Singh than published by Bhasha Vibhag but they are not for sale.