Flights From Bhma/London To Amritsar

Guest fordcapri

Guest fordcapri

Which flight is the best ?

I like my on flight entertaiment, Turkminstan dont have any films or music.

Mahan i have read shows maps and vidoes of people praying at mecca.

Air India never used this one have they i improved the service whats the flight like.

Uzbecistan whats this saying

I went on Turkmenistan Airlines for the first time in 2006. You are right about there being no entertainment but the flight was on time and it is only about 5 hours to Ashkabad and then an hour for refueling and about 2 hours to Amritsar. The convenience ourweights the lack of entertainment. Most people nowadays aren't really interested in the inflight entertainment, because many have PSPs, portable DVD players etc. The convenience of landing in Amritsar far outweights any of the negatives of not having inflight entertainment.

I'm a bit tight with money, Ford Capri, so the thing most important for me about getting to Amritsar is the cost. Therefore, with tickets to Delhi costing on average £200 cheaper than tickets to Amritsar I normally fly to Delhi and take the fast train to Punjab. Air con....leather reclining seats...refreshments....cost the same as a London Undergound one day travelcard and I'm in Jalandhar in just over 4 hours.

But...if you wanna get to Amritsar in comfort than look no further than Qatar Airways. They are styled the 'Worlds 6 star airline' and year after year they win awards for being the best airline in the world. Your stop in Doha is only for an hour or so and its a very nice luxurious stop. The newest fleet of planes...so very safe. Most generous legroom, fantastic in-flight facilities etc. Granted the second leg ; Doha to Amritsar is not as luxurious as the first leg from London and chances are you will have to explain to a gulf guest worker sitting next to you how to put on his seat belt, but all in all it was a great experience. If i could afford it I'd fly with them all the time. But like I said, you can basically fly to Delhi twice a year for the same price it costs to fly to Amritsar once a year.

I'm a bit tight with money, Ford Capri, so the thing most important for me about getting to Amritsar is the cost. Therefore, with tickets to Delhi costing on average £200 cheaper than tickets to Amritsar I normally fly to Delhi and take the fast train to Punjab. Air con....leather reclining seats...refreshments....cost the same as a London Undergound one day travelcard and I'm in Jalandhar in just over 4 hours.

But...if you wanna get to Amritsar in comfort than look no further than Qatar Airways. They are styled the 'Worlds 6 star airline' and year after year they win awards for being the best airline in the world. Your stop in Doha is only for an hour or so and its a very nice luxurious stop. The newest fleet of planes...so very safe. Most generous legroom, fantastic in-flight facilities etc. Granted the second leg ; Doha to Amritsar is not as luxurious as the first leg from London and chances are you will have to explain to a gulf guest worker sitting next to you how to put on his seat belt, but all in all it was a great experience. If i could afford it I'd fly with them all the time. But like I said, you can basically fly to Delhi twice a year for the same price it costs to fly to Amritsar once a year.

Qatar are doing some good deals £450 approx , flies 4 times a week, from Heathrow and Gatwick.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/homepage.html?s_kwcid=TC|11386|qatar||S|p|5529288921&gclid=CJ7tn76Or6MCFQxBlAodXTYV5w

We should encourage flights to Amritsar, most people want to fly there, but costs are inflated and services reduced.

Guest fordcapri

Qatar are doing some good deals £450 approx , flies 4 times a week, from Heathrow and Gatwick.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/homepage.html?s_kwcid=TC|11386|qatar||S|p|5529288921&gclid=CJ7tn76Or6MCFQxBlAodXTYV5w

We should encourage flights to Amritsar, most people want to fly there, but costs are inflated and services reduced.

Turkmenistan I should I say Turd-Minsitan has virtual monopoly of England –Amritsar.

Which is why they can charge £500 for a 2 star flight, no entertainment, no leg, room poor food you get bad belly before you even get to India, when someone does a poo you can smell it half way down the plane.

However even though it’s a very poor flight people are paying £470-500, why? Cos its caters for the most popular trip Birmingham-Amritsar. If you’re from the midlands it’s the one for you, same for the northerners.

London Heathrow offers the same flight.

I’m not sure how popular this Qatar London-Amritsar flight is but I need a change from Turkmenistan big time. In fact its been running since feb 2009 i id never heard of it since it was mentioned on here.

But if they sponsor sky news and rated that high i would use it.

Guest fordcapri

I think flights are limited at Amtrisar as its a small airport.

Birmingham doesnt allow for jumbo sets to take off or land there as the run way is to small, i think the same is with Amritsar.

Your 777 plane can go to these airports but decent airlines like BA and Virging wont go there.

Also im sure centre Govt would prefer bigger % of travllers going via Dehli.

Anyway some minister on Sikh channel said it would be brought up in Parliment.

I think flights are limited at Amtrisar as its a small airport.

Birmingham doesnt allow for jumbo sets to take off or land there as the run way is to small, i think the same is with Amritsar.

Your 777 plane can go to these airports but decent airlines like BA and Virging wont go there.

Also im sure centre Govt would prefer bigger % of travllers going via Dehli.

Anyway some minister on Sikh channel said it would be brought up in Parliment.

Amritsar can take 747's. A charter flight 747 took Maharaj's Birs to Canada from there. The central Govt want Indira Gandhi airport Delhi to be the main airport, Badal wants Chandigargh where he has business interests.

Qatar ran adds on Sky news advertising the Amritsar flight , quite nice to hear Amritsar mentioned on a Global channel.

Punjab NGO urges NRIs to save Amritsar-London-Toronto flight

Punjab Newsline Network

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Surprisingly, Air India is withdrawing its most popular and 100% seat occupancy all time favourite Amritsar-London-Toronto flight from 31 October and even plans to re-route its Amritsar-Dubai, Amritsar-Sharjah flights ultimately to favour the new Mohali airport.

Air India is also just waiting to introduce from Delhi nonstop flights to Melbourne (Australia),Toronto (Canada) and Chicago (USA) in addition to its existing Delhi-New York flight from 31 October this year.

Air India has been displaying a negative attitude vis-à-vis Amritsar from day one. It is common observation that Punjabis form more than 30% of all international air passengers landing at Delhi.

Moreover, more than 600,000 passengers alighted or took off from Amritsar in 2007 in spite of many inadequacies and shortcomings there. The flight remains booked for at least two months and even today, not a single seat is available before 15 September 2010.

There was a time when Air India flew daily to Toronto from Amritsar via Birmingham. But to provide more business to Delhi, the weekly frequency of flights from Amritsar was reduced to four. Now the same operation is noticed before launching its nonstop Delhi -Toronto flight.

The withdrawal/rerouting of Amritsar-London-Toronto flight will affect the lakhs of Punjabis living there who will miss the only direct link to the city of the Golden Temple now.

Amritsar Vikas Manch patron Dr. Charanjit Singh Gumtala has appealed to the NRIs living in Canada, USA, UK etc. to protest against this Air India plan to withdraw the Amritsar-London-Toronto flight from 31 October.

They should insist on the status-quo and suggest that the present Delhi- London -Toronto flight may be made Delhi-Amritsar-Toronto nonstop if required, because the success of the Amritsar-London-Toronto flight lies in the fact that it originates from Amritsar.

If this is disturbed it will be ruinous for the airline as happened to its Mumbai –New York flight which created a record LOSS of Rs 750 crore for want of passengers in 2008-09 .

Similarly, if the Amritsar-London-Toronto flight is made Delhi-Toronto, passengers would shift to other more attractive airlines from Delhi and this would be suicidal for the cash strapped Air India. Rather Air India should start Delhi-Amritsar-Toronto, Delhi-Amritsar-Vancouver and Amritsar-Barmingam–Milan flights to get good income.

The Manch Patron has asked the people of Indian origin in UK,USA and Canada to shoot letters to Dr Manmohan Singh Prime Minister of India and Sonia Gandhi, the chairperson of UPA and to exercise their influence in whatever way it is requir