Sad State Of The Panth

Khalasthan86

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

There was this young Singh, who went from UK to Panjab, as a holiday, and decided to do darshaan of Sri Harmandir Sahib, and he set off from Jalandhar. He was adorned in Akaali Blue bana, large shastars. He looked as a 'normal' amritdhari Gursikh should look, with kesh, kirpan, kachera, kara, kanga. And he went it darbar sahib, and headed to do 'matha teek' to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, and once he came out, a monah came running to him, and the Singh was shocked - 'Why is he coming towards me?'. And the monah said 'You're from UK, ain't ya?' (Obviously in Panjabi). And the Singh said 'Yes, but Why? I'm not even wearing foreign clothes'... The monah replied back 'A youth wearing bana, panj kakkar, adorned in shastar, is a foreign look for us in Panjab, and only abroad Youth wear baneh... No youth wear baneh here, so we knew that you were from abroad...'.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Man this is so true. I just got back from India and not a lot of people wear the bana. Being the moorakh I am, whenever I saw someone in complete Bana, I guessed that either that person was a foriegner, or a part of Damdami Taksal or Budha Dal. Its the common mentality people foolish like me have nowdays. sad.gif