Little Mercies

guptkuri

Little Mercies

The Bigger Picture

Every once in a while something that does not go the way we wanted even after a lot of prayer and we begin to question why Waheguru Ji forgot us. I have to admit that in the past few months I went through a similar mindset, where a small part of me doubted Waheguru Ji. I was going through a bad phase and made some mistakes. While I was waiting for consequences of my mistakes, I remember sitting there and praying for Waheguru Ji to get me out of trouble. It didn’t work; I had to face the music. I remember a part of me doubted Waheguru Ji for not saving me and another part saying there has to be a reason. Five months later I am finally able to see the bigger picture. The lessons I learned are have faith, be willing to look and listen and then live in his remembrance.

I had doubted Guru Ji on and off for months before Guru Ji reminded me the importance of having faith. Every time my mind had doubts, I forced myself to say out loud that Waheguru Ji probably had a good reason and not to doubt. I did not let the doubts win over my faith of Waheguru Ji. I did not allow my doubts to win but as time passed it got harder to think there was a reason for all of it. Beginning of this month I had to apply for liquor license to be allowed to sell alcohol at a Gas Station my parents wanted to gift me. I was so scared that because of my earlier mistake I would not be given the license and would have to face my parent’s wrath. The mistake had nothing to do with anything but still I was nervous. I was questioning why Waheguru Ji instilled this fear of messing everything up in me and prayed continuously for Him to get me out of this situation. He was merciful and I got called into the liquor office saying that everything was approved just a few minor details left. I breathed a sigh of relief and was in celebration mood, when the lady came without the proper papers and told me there was a problem. I could not have the liquor license since I was not yet 21. At this point my mistake no longer mattered; I can’t be on the license period. I had a shaky faith in him and he got me out of two problems, one I didn’t even notice at the time.

As I walked out of the office, Waheguru Ji allowed me to see the second problem I had just avoided. It is against Sikhi to sell alcohol and with a liquor license; I would have attached myself to this profession for a very long time. I currently sell alcohol and cigarettes because I am stuck to this for the sake of my parents. But I have always asked Waheguru Ji to help me find something that is better suited for Sikhs. By creating the problems I faced five months ago, He Himself made me pray to get out a situation that I didn’t realize I was getting into. Now it makes complete sense that He had to do what He did so I would have no attachment to this gift of my parents and He can find something better for me along the road. Because I was willing to open my eyes and ears to Him, my faith is no longer shaky. I know He did what He had to so I would be a better Sikh.

I learnt my lesson not to doubt Him and I will always remember these lessons and live in His remembrance. The moment the lesson is forgotten or Waheguru Ji is forgotten I open my life up to a world of miseries. Currently in His remembrance I am in a state of mind where I know good or bad, it’s wonderful because He is on my side. It Waheguru Ji whatever He does is right for me.

Waheguru Ji please continue to have mercy on me and stop me from making mistakes that I don’t always fore see. To always be with me, even when I doubt you. Please continue to shower your little mercies on me.

For a second reading only upto your 2nd paragraph, I was like "whattttttttttttt?? liquour licence??"

But I got soon sigh of releif finding that you did reailize that its not Gurmat to sell something which is forbidden in SIKHI.

I know you understand, but just wanted to give my opinion. Bhenji, Mahraj ji nu ardas kariya karo ke tuhanu es profession vichon bahar kadh laiN. The way out probably would be to find some better paying job based on your education and let your parents hire somebody to run the business until they realize it too that its not good to earn their bread selling something which Guruji went so against. If you are not ready for job yet, (still attending school etc.) then take even more courses to keep yourself so busy that they have to find some help. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Someone related to me, amritdhari, use to help at the gas station where they sell liquor/cigeretts etc. soon after, he got shot in left hand. It took me years to understand that why this incident happened. He still didn't understand, I told him last time I met him. takleef taa jaroor hoyee, huN vee hand is patially disabled, but babaji ne againt Gurmat jaan ton bacha liya.

And i try to avoid even stepping on the used cigretts on the roads, streets everywhere. I thank God for making it rain to wash off this whole mess everywhere to leave room for sikhs to walk on.

For a second reading only upto your 2nd paragraph, I was like "whattttttttttttt?? liquour licence??"

But I got soon sigh of releif finding that you did reailize that its not Gurmat to sell something which is forbidden in SIKHI.

I know you understand, but just wanted to give my opinion. Bhenji, Mahraj ji nu ardas kariya karo ke tuhanu es profession vichon bahar kadh laiN. The way out probably would be to find some better paying job based on your education and let your parents hire somebody to run the business until they realize it too that its not good to earn their bread selling something which Guruji went so against. If you are not ready for job yet, (still attending school etc.) then take even more courses to keep yourself so busy that they have to find some help. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Someone related to me, amritdhari, use to help at the gas station where they sell liquor/cigeretts etc. soon after, he got shot in left hand. It took me years to understand that why this incident happened. He still didn't understand, I told him last time I met him. takleef taa jaroor hoyee, huN vee hand is patially disabled, but babaji ne againt Gurmat jaan ton bacha liya.

And i try to avoid even stepping on the used cigretts on the roads, streets everywhere. I thank God for making it rain to wash off this whole mess everywhere to leave room for sikhs to walk on.

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you Bhena Ji! lol I was just trying to point out sometimes we don't realize we are treading on a path that is against gurmat and then after waheguru ji fixes everything, then it hits us how big of thing Waheguru Ji just saved us from. I am currently stuck helping my parents and don't see much of a way out at the moment but I am glad Waheguru Ji is already thinking of keeping me from getting to tied up in this business. As for my family we are looking into ventures outside of this one and hopefully soon enough Waheguru Ji will bless us with a way out. We had bought this gas station long time ago and its finally openning. For the time being there is a way I look at this situation I am in and I will post that shortly.

I am sorry to hear about your relative. I hope he understands soon.

Guest SarabjeetSingh

I can somewhat relate to you ! Growing up is not easy , atleast for me its not easy .

very terrible times have struck me as well and have affected me also .

whenever you are in doubt or have a question in your head , take a hukamnama .

I don't think we sikhs need to be confused when we have a living guru to help us out .

You talk to maharaj and maharj will reply u back .

I failed in my B.Sc last year exam . I was very sad . The next day , I woke up at amritvela and went to gurudwara to take hukamnama while parkash of maharaj was being done .

I did ardas "waheguru please support me in times of need . Will you be on my side ".

The guru ji replied

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਛੰਤ ਮਹਲਾ

धनासरी छंत महला १ ॥

Ḏẖanāsrī cẖẖanṯ mėhlā 1.

Dhanaasaree, Chhant, First Mehl:

ਪਿਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਮੂਠੜੀਏ ਖਬਰਿ ਪਾਈਆ ਜੀਉ

पिर संगि मूठड़ीए खबरि न पाईआ जीउ ॥

Pir sang mūṯẖ▫ṛī▫e kẖabar na pā▫ī▫ā jī▫o.

Your Husband Lord is with you, O deluded soul-bride, but you do are not aware of Him.

http://www.srigranth...id=29835#l29835