LIFE KNIVES

Akaali

• 4 years later...

Maya can come in any shape or form for any single individual. Just because it's made out of gold does not mean its maya. In that case don't go to harmandir sahib.. Maya is an addiction.. to anything. I don't like gold just because I don't like the way it looks. But I like silver. So is that maya? Yes it can be if I'm attached to it. I have to ask my mind, if I lost this right now would I go berserk? Or would I say 'oh well, it's just an ornament'? Maya is how your mind deals with materials in this world... Guru Gobind Singh Ji took a lot of pride in the way he dressed.. and rightly so.. he is the king! Does it mean he's stuck in maya? No... He knew how to control his mind.

Jot Singh Khalsa is the most humblest person I know. His ethos is to have every sikh wear an actual kirpan. One with which you can fight with... none of those nuts and bolts jobs out there.. and he likes to dress the khalsa panth. There is nothing wrong with that. And rightly so, I think people should pay for it because if you didn't you sure as hell wouldn't appreciate it. And being an owner of some of Jot Singh's stuff.. I must say the love he puts into his work is really felt when you actually wear it.

I think the khalsa should like the kings army! with beautiful dastaars and beautiful shastar.. but also humble enough to give it to a poor man should he need it..

but then this is just my opinion... you have the right to state yours

satnam