Rehatnama/ Rehat Maryaada

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

I apologise if this sounds like a basic knowledge questions but unfortunately, this moorakh got very limited knowledge about Rehatnama or Rehat maryaada.

My first question is whether Rehatnama or Rehat maryaada a same thing or not?

Then, where does the Rehatnama come from?? Is it in Dasam Granth Saheb?

I googled about it but couldn't find any proper answer. I found that there is some rehatnama written by Bhai Desa Singh ji and some by Bhai Nand Laal Ji, and some by bhai Chaupa Saheb ji. So, that tells me that Rehatnama is then not from Dasam Granth Saheb but some thing else. So where is it found?

If I would wanna read that Rehatnama, could it be available to me online?

Please direct me to a reliable source or website or provide me some answers. Thanks for taking your precious time to read my post.

My first question is whether Rehatnama or Rehat maryaada a same thing or not?
Possibly, but the Rehitnamas are from the times of Dasmesh Pita while the current Sikh Rehat Maryada is less than 100 years old.

Then, where does the Rehatnama come from?? Is it in Dasam Granth Saheb?
Probably not, however, the Rehitnamas that are authentic and Panth parvaan are the ones that are in accordance with Gurbani. Remember, Gurbani is what decides whats Gurmat and whats not. I have heard some GurSikhs say that many Rehitnaamey are not as per Gurmat, so use Gurbani to clarify if you are in doubt.

I googled about it but couldn't find any proper answer. I found that there is some rehatnama written by Bhai Desa Singh ji and some by Bhai Nand Laal Ji, and some by bhai Chaupa Saheb ji.
Thats right.

So, that tells me that Rehatnama is then not from Dasam Granth Saheb but some thing else.
Rehitnaamey are not from Gurbani.

So where is it found? If I would wanna read that Rehatnama, could it be available to me online?

I found this link to a book "Making of the Rehatnamas" : http://books.google....nama%22&f=false

You can read all 14 pages there.

Here is more: http://en.wikipedia....h_Rehat_Maryada

101 Rehits : http://www.sikhitoth...asp?Order=Alpha

Others please add more info.

Rehtanamas are bed rock of sikh code of conduct for khalsa panth.

Gurbani guides us in spiritual relam and rehatnamas guided us in our worldly

life.

Most Rehtanamas were written in Guru sahib's time such as Rehatnama of Bhai Chaupa singh

ji was written in 1700 AD.

Present Rehat maryada was extracted from combination of various rehatnamas.

There is a book by Piara Singh Padham "Rehatnamey" which documents all the rehat of the Khalsa Panth. The author lists all the Khalsa Rehat together with the background of the Rehatnamey.

This book can be read in the ebook form:

www.scribd.com/mokhamsingh

It is in Punjabi.

Here is an old thread in which we have the text of what is purportedly the oldest surviving rehat nama (translated in English). Make of it what you will. Sadly we haven't been able to get a hold of the original Gurmukhi text.