The Monkey, the Man, then the Gun

Gupti

Sat Sri Akal:

Why do I ask? Because a Sikh would know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself used guns in war. Would you like to call him a step down in evolution?

Veerjio, this is a revolution, rather than evolution, evolution is the process of life forms evolving genetically, rather than changing from swords to guns.

Bhul chuk muaf!

Sat Sri Akal:

Why do I ask? Because a Sikh would know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself used guns in war. Would you like to call him a step down in evolution?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I never said it was a step down in evolution

The monkey the man and then the gun.

Its the evolution of power. Someone with a gun, always yields more authority than just a person without one. Does the evolution of power, need an evolution in responsibility?

At the genetic level...

We have, I believe stopped evolving at that stage. We control our resources, we have a much better control of the environment. We don't need to evolve so we won't.

What is evolution in that respect? Adaptation to the surroundings? Why evolve?

Creationism and Evolution are directly contradictory. Did we come from the monkey? Or did Waheguru create us?

Is there a difference between the freedom won through a peaceful fight, and the freedom won through a fight for peace?

I know Guru Gobind Singh Ji used weapons (i.e. guns) when at war. I asked a question about evolution in regards to many aspects of Sikhism.

"also say y not, evolution is a scientific theory and Sikhi and Science go from hat i know hand in hand. we need to realise even this theory is the hukam of

Akaal and therefore may also be seen as a test of our faith."

Please explain the Hukam of Akaal.

Someone else said:

"It may never be possible to understand fully God's purpose in creating man, but prophets have told us something about man's goal. It is generally accepted that God's purpose is for man to realize his divine inheritance while living in this mortal frame. "

Man's goal? God's purpose. How do we know what God's purpose is, if we trouble over humanity's so much?

God just becomes a tool then. A product or object of our self-deceit.

"God is not a cruel monster out for sport with mortals. On the contrary, He is like a benevolent father. He gave man a good start in this life by providing him with all the needs for his upkeep at the time of birth.'

So what happened now? In our time? Our benevolent father can only be held accountable for the good things, right? We are accountable for all the bad?

"Just as the body is sustained by food and drink, in the same way the soul is nourished by virtue and devotion. When the soul progresses with the performance of good deeds and the remembrance of The Name, it becomes more worthy of a merger to Divinity.'

This sounds like a business contract. What happens if we do something bad with good intentions? How do we know what piety is held in high esteem with our God? Why can't we be good, period? Why do we need religion to instruct us that we should do things a certain way to achieve Divinity? Why aren't we naturally akin to God's will?

What is this human desire we fight, the five evils we hope to never fall underneath the influence of?

"Life may be compared to a game of chess or cards. Where the individual does not frame the rules or control the game. The cards are given to him; it is upto him to play the cards well or badly, wisely or foolishly. God watches over him and will reward him according to his efforts. "

God's a Dealer?

>

What efforts are involved with the chance and luck associated with cards. Life is a gamble. You either pit yourself with God or against Him/Her?

"Man is a focal point in the universe. He is the apex of creation, the final stage. Human life is the starting point for God-realization. You cannot own salvation as an animal or stone. Only human life, offers this grand opportunity for spiritual attainment. "

So animals will never reach spiritual attainment. They are excused then for the things they do? Did the apex of creation come from these 'lesser' forms of life? Why do we so commonly call ourselves tigers and lions if they are not going to achieve spiritual attainment? You cannot own salvation as an animal or stone. Why does human life offer such an opportunity, because we realize that there is a self in us all, what you call a soul?

Is this 'man' inherently evil, or inherently good?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

At the genetic level...

We have, I believe stopped evolving at that stage. We control our resources, we have a much better control of the environment. We don't need to evolve so we won't.

False.

The Human Body is always evolving.

Sat Sri Akal:

You definition of Creationism is not relevant to Sikhism, as Creationism is a term applied to Christianity and its theory that the earth was created 6000 years ago, with humanity starting from Adam and Eve. Sikhism does not state that that is its view.

"Please explain the Hukam of Akaal. "

Read Japji Sahib and you will see that that cannot be done. A Sikh can live in accordance with the Hukam but cannot explain it. That is the Almighty.

"Is there a difference between the freedom won through a peaceful fight, and the freedom won through a fight for peace? "

Freedom won through peace? Try naming one instance.

Please get to the point of your post. You posted with a very vague title which had little to do with the initial question (which you attempted to explain in the subsequent post). Then, the post has no central theme, but rather a loose collection of musings on the responses. The end result is that it is achieving very little.