ਸਾਧਨ ਹੇਤਿ ਇਤੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਰੀ ॥ ਸੀਸੁ ਦੀਆ ਪਰ ਸੀ ਨ ਉਚਰੀ ॥੧੩॥

ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤਿ ਸਾਕਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਕੀਆ ॥ ਸੀਸੁ ਦੀਆ ਪਰ ਸਿਰਰੁ ਨ ਦੀਆ ॥

ਨਾਟਕ ਚੇਟਕ ਕੀਏ ਕੁਕਾਜਾ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਲੋਗਨ ਕਹ ਆਵਤ ਲਾਜਾ ॥੧੪॥

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

ਠੀਕਰਿ ਫੋਰਿ ਦਿਲੀਸਿ ਸਿਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪੁਰਿ ਕੀਯਾ ਪਯਾਨ ॥

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਸੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਕਰੀ ਨ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਆਨ ॥੧੫॥

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਕੇ ਚਲਤ ਭਯੋ ਜਗਤ ਕੋ ਸੋਕ ॥

ਹੈ ਹੈ ਹੈ ਸਭ ਜਗ ਭਯੋ ਜੈ ਜੈ ਜੈ ਸੁਰ ਲੋਕਿ ॥੧੬॥

November 24th 2010 is the 335th anniversary of an unparalleled sacrifice in human history. We have countless examples of people sacrificing their lives for their country, religion, and loved ones. But in 1675, on November 24th, for the first time ever, the world witnessed a sacrifice that was made by the one who was above any kind of hatred or enmity towards anyone, the one who sacrificed His life to uphold the right of freedom of religion for those who were followers of another religion and not His own. He was the one who made this supreme sacrifice without expecting the least bit of acknowledgement from those for whom He did this sacrifice, without expecting any sort of gratitude, and without asking for anything in return. His was a totally selfless sacrifice, done out of His pure love for all of humanity, for the freedom of all mankind to worship the way they chose to.

This poem is for few of those Hindus who have completely forgotten the unparallel sacrifice of Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib

For you He left His family, His son, His wife

For you He didn't hesitate to sacrifice His life

For you He courted arrest, and suffered all tortures

To fill your life with the roses of happiness, and joy filled orchards

For you He saw His Sikhs sawn and boiled

The hands of the Mughals with blood were soiled

For you He refused all pleasures and comforts

And accepted the pains that can shake all hearts

For you He rejected proposals of wealth

So that your generations could thrive in health

For you He sacrificed His body and His head

So that you could live fearlessly and earn your bread

Have you forgotten all He has done

His people you made the object of fun

Have you forgotten the legacy of His martyrdom

that to the oppression of His people you act deaf and dumb?

Have you forgotten His sacrifice, oh so complete!

That today His message for you has become totally obsolete!

Have you forgotten that He is your saviour

Or the Mughals would do to you what else but devour

Forget not the One who saved you

Protected your honor and carried you through

Forget not the One who took all the pains

Death for Himself, for you all the gains

Forget not the One who had His head severed

Today His people are mocked by you, instead of being revered

Wake up my dear, before its too late

Your silence and indifference is ruining your own fate

Wake up my dear, or you will pay a cost

Hatred will fume and all love will be lost

Wake up my dear, and recognize this fact

What He did for you was an ultimate act!

Wake up my dear, wake up and bow down

Bow down to the Master of Sikhs, the Sikhs whom you labeled a clown

Wake up my dear, and say after me

Say with your heart and you will be free

Dhann Guru Teg Bahadur, tu Hind di chaddar

Tu hi sadda sacha patshah tu hi sadda rehbar

- Mehtab Singh

• 1 year later...

http://www.srigurugr...r/discovery.htm

Discovery of the Great Prophet 1x1.gifico.gifdarkbrown.gif1x1.gif

Apnay Sewak Ki Aapay Rakhay

Aapay Nam Japavay

Jah Jah Kaj Kirt Sewak Ki

Taha Taha Uthh Dhavay

Sewak Kau Nikati Hoi Dikhavay

Sri Guru Granth Sahib (403)

1x1.gif1x1.gif1x1.gif1x1.gifq-t.gifTyag Murti Guru Tegh Bahadur, the Knower of all Hearts and the Supreme Saviour, opened his eyes and life giving Nectar flowed from His holy lips, “Makhan Shah, Guru does not need your money but having pledged 500, why are you offering only two”. The mystery was unravelled. q-b.gif

Makhan Shah Lubana was a devout sikh and a rich merchant who used to bring merchandise from far away lands. Once, while he was returning home with his ships loaded with valuable cargo, there was a furious storm at sea and his vessels got caught in it. In the rising fury of the storm, disaster was imminent. When all hope of survival of men and of safety of the cargo had vanished, a pathetic cry arose from the depths of Makhan Shah’s heart to the Lotus Feet of Guru Har Krishan, the Eighth Guru Nanak, to save him and his cargo. Scarcely had the prayer been made when the storm subsided and the ships of the devout follower cruised ashore. The words of Guru Arjan quoted in the opening lines had come true. 1x1.gif1x1.gif1x1.gifThe Lord Himself protects His own servant and sustains his devotion to Nam.

In response to the plight of His servant, the Lord rushes to his rescue.

And manifests His immediate presence there.

Guru Arjan in this hymn magnifies the concern of the Lord for his devotees.

When the prayer for his safety had escaped Makhan Shah’s lips, his sinking heart had simultaneously pledged to offer 500 Mohurs (gold coins) at the Guru’s holy feet on his safe arrival. On reaching Delhi, Makhan Shah learnt about Guru HarKrishan Sahib’s parting words ‘Baba Bakale’ meaning that the next Guru was to be found in Bakala. He then immediately left for Bakala.

There Makhan Shah found that there were many impostors staking their claim to the holy throne of Sri Guru Nanak Sahib. Though he was anguished he did not give up hope as he yet had the ultimate test of truth with him. He paid obeisance to the claimants placing two gold coins in homage, which they all accepted happily.

Finally when all the impostors had been tried some one informed him that a holy man lived in a basement cell (an underground Bhora) and was in deep meditation for the last twenty years. Makhan Shah went to test this holy man also and as usual placed two gold coins and bowed in reverence. Tyag MurtiGuru Tegh Bahadur, the Knower of all Hearts and the Supreme Saviour, opened his eyes and life giving Nectar flowed from His holy lips, “Makhan Shah, Guru does not need your money but having pledged 500, why are you offering only two”. The mystery was unravelled.

Wonderstruck by the Eternal Glory of Guru Nanak, he fell head long at the holy feet of his Beloved Guru, the Ninth Guru Nanak, the Eternal “Jaagdi Jot” and thereafter rushed to the top of the House and started calling at the top of his voice in rapturous ecstasy “Guru Ladho Re, Guru Ladho Re”. I have discovered the Holy Guru, I have found the Holy Guru. Thus was the Saviour discovered.