Theft at the Gurdwara

GKaur

I recently heard about the thefts occruing at dixie gurdwara. I think the sangat should know about the golik beinging stolen. It was not stolen once but several times within a short period of time. A lot of the sangat does not know about this and im sure if they did they would take some action. The golik was never stolen before but recently it was stolen several times, the sangat should be questioning the committe as to how the money could have gotten stolen so many times, and why the money was not counted after the programs. I think this is a very important issue that all sangat should be informed of since it is our money that is being stolen, the money we put in the golik thinking it would be going towards the gurdwara but instead its going into the pocket of thieves.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really strange that money from golak of such a big gurdwara which recieves a huge flow of sangat could so easily be stolen.

It could be investigated and i think it won't be hard to find the real culprits, since only a few have access to golak or its premises.

Why not install video cameras, 24 hour surveillance to deter the thieves? just my two cents.

It is really strange that money from golak of such a big gurdwara which recieves a huge flow of sangat could so easily be stolen.

It could be investigated and i think it won't be hard to find the real culprits, since only a few have access to golak or its premises.

Why not install video cameras, 24 hour surveillance to deter the thieves? just my two cents.

I was present at the night veerji. But unfortunetly no one had told us about us till i asked a singh who didnt come play with us to play hockey. We were playing that day in the gym in the back at 11pm. The robbery happened somewhere around 11 - 2am. When we finished at 2, i asked a singh why he didnt play wit us, he like ohh there was a robbery and we were help tracking these gorai down. IM like why didnt someone told us. THere were 20 guys in the gym .. we couldve helped. But it was the night of the samagam, there were many gursikhs present as they were getting ready for a wedding the next day. Im kinda curious how all this happened with soo much sangat around. And veerji there ARE cameras up. THere are about 15- 20 cameras all over dixie gurughar, everywhere except outside the gurdwara. Im pretty sure one camera at least wouldve gotten the calprit.

bhul chuk maph!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The committee has told ppl that they caught the ppl but the police are saying that no one was caught at all. The cameras are up but not working. Which makes no sense at all you'd think the cameras would be working since they've been there for awhile. I would also like to point out that it was not stolen once but several times, once in hall 5,2,3 and four.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The committee has told ppl that they caught the ppl but the police are saying that no one was caught at all. The cameras are up but not working. Which makes no sense at all you'd think the cameras would be working since they've been there for awhile. I would also like to point out that it was not stolen once but several times, once in hall 5,2,3 and four.

What do you mean not working bhainji!? I thought they were. OVer a month or so ago, we had a meeting with the committee to discuss some things. THey gave us a tour kind of thing with the video cameras, and they said they have just installed them a while ago, and they are fully operational. They even told us, on fridays they can keep an eye on us in the gym if they want they can watch the video from a previous day/night.

I am smelling a lye somewhere around here... obviously not you bhainji :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

yeah they found one golak after bhai Jasbir singh kirtan you know how much sangat there was on Tuesday normally and then bhair sahib came there was so much. They found the golak busted open where they take out the garbage at dixie at te side, another time they smashed the golak took the bills and left the change. There have been a total of 5 golak choris who is the golak chore, the committee?????How can someone steal from Gods house ,something has to be done about this.