Concerns About Ratemyturban.Com

Guest singh

i recently looked at this site ratemyturban.com where people can put pics of themselves of their turbans and people can rate them. but striaght on the homoe page is a image of two white ladies with disrespectful turbans which is concerning. their is a thing called turbaniser where if somone can put an effect to have a fake turban on their head if they dont have one themselves,and people get funny faces and put turbans on them. on the page called latest, their are disrespctfull images specialy of a muslim guy and other stupid faces with turbans and most of them are by a person called mohammed. this is concearning me as specially a muslim person trying to disrespect a sikh site. and with the homepage of random white people with funny turbans, what impression will people get of sikhs? i went on the about us section of the website and it was founded by some person called ash singh, i wanted to contact him but i havent a facebook account, if somebody could jus send him a message or something to take these pictures of or have people moderate it then that would be awesome.thanks.wjkk wjkf

This is wiki's definition of a turban:

"Turban is an English word used to refer to several sorts of headwear. A commonly used synonym is a Pagri, the Indian word for turban. Turbans are a popular form of headgear worn in the Middle East, North Africa and Southwest Asia. They are designed to help keep the user cool in hot desert environments such as the Sahara."

People tie turbans in different ways and wear them oin different countries. I don't think the white girls turbans are offensive in this light and think the sikhs on there prob do it for fun, not in a disrespectful way.

This is wiki's definition of a turban:

"Turban is an English word used to refer to several sorts of headwear. A commonly used synonym is a Pagri, the Indian word for turban. Turbans are a popular form of headgear worn in the Middle East, North Africa and Southwest Asia. They are designed to help keep the user cool in hot desert environments such as the Sahara."

People tie turbans in different ways and wear them oin different countries. I don't think the white girls turbans are offensive in this light and think the sikhs on there prob do it for fun, not in a disrespectful way.

Rich, white women use to wear little turbans in the 30's and 40's. I'm not sure whether its still in fashion today.

The only reason we should be worrying is if someone is taking the mick out of Sikhi.