Why Do.....?

anush

Mehtab ji, were u born and raised in uae? Its admirable u found sikhi coming from hindu background in an islamic country. But did u not find arabs feel superior to asains from sub continent. Btw how did you get into sikhi as i imagine there are not many gurdware around. So from mehtab - (any hindu surname e.g sharma), how did you, and who influenced you to be mehtab singh and not mehtab khan, (i know thats from our region i.e. sub continent, but i dont know arab surnames).

Here is what I wrote some 4-5 years ago based on my life long living experience in UAE both as a Hindu and then a Singh.

And to add to that, Iran is the only Islamic country where the Nishan Sahib is allowed to be hoisted outside the Gurdwara Sahib building. Here is an old video of the above mentioned Gurdwara coming up in Dubai. For some reason it still isn't completed yet: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ibaI0VmHV3E

Don't be fooled by the 17 unfortunate Punjabis who are sentenced to death. They killed another man (Pakistani) who was selling alcohol just like these guys were, something forbidden in an Islamic country. Although death penalty to 17 guys for killing 1 man is a bit too much, as per law they were not totally innocent as they willingly sold alcohol in a Muslim country, knowing that its banned. I feel bad for their families for whom they needed to earn that money to feed them in Punjab.

Mehtab paaji please refer to my post prior to this so you can help others follow the path pf sikhi. How did you and what influenced you. I live in uk in strong sikh areas but im still trying to become a gursikh. Please if u can tell ur experience it may give direction to others. Only reason i asked again is ur active today on other threads u have forgot this one thanx.

Mehtab ji, were u born and raised in uae? Its admirable u found sikhi coming from hindu background in an islamic country. But did u not find arabs feel superior to asains from sub continent. Btw how did you get into sikhi as i imagine there are not many gurdware around. So from mehtab - (any hindu surname e.g sharma), how did you, and who influenced you to be mehtab singh and not mehtab khan, (i know thats from our region i.e. sub continent, but i dont know arab surnames).
Mehtab paaji please refer to my post prior to this so you can help others follow the path pf sikhi. How did you and what influenced you. I live in uk in strong sikh areas but im still trying to become a gursikh. Please if u can tell ur experience it may give direction to others. Only reason i asked again is ur active today on other threads u have forgot this one thanx.

Wake up brothers. I am any other guy in beard and turban you see walking down the road. I am like anyone else, not someone great. If you ask me how-what-when, all I'll say is Gurujee's kirpa. Who influenced me, well, Gurujee. Please do not look upto me as a "role model" because I am light years away from it. You guys might as well be closer to GurSikhi than I could ever get. You don't need a good-for-nothing like me to get inspired. Read Gurbani and get the highest level of inspiration :)

Wake up brothers. I am any other guy in beard and turban you see walking down the road. I am like anyone else, not someone great. If you ask me how-what-when, all I'll say is Gurujee's kirpa. Who influenced me, well, Gurujee. Please do not look upto me as a "role model" because I am light years away from it. You guys might as well be closer to GurSikhi than I could ever get. You don't need a good-for-nothing like me to get inspired. Read Gurbani and get the highest level of inspiration :)

Only reason i asked was from personal perspective as ur background has a connection to my present life. If u just want to avoid the question and be philosphical then so be it. Thanks for the response though.