Dont Know No Paath!

Guest well hello

Guest well hello

Gurfateh jee -

I'm ashamed that the age that i am, and the years that I have been AmritDarri - I dont know my Nitem off by heart.

I want know if there is any way that i can learn baani, and how to go about it.

Thanksin advance

vjkk vjkf,

I haven't memorized alll my nitnem off by heart either, but das has jap ji sahib, tavprasad savaye, chaupai sahib, rehras sahib, and sohila sahib memorized, and to be honest it's just concentrated repetition.

After you do your nitnem bani's and ardas, do a chaupai sahib by a) reading from the gutka sahib with your eyes

b) speaking what you read with your tongue

c) listening to it being read from a cd or something

Do all three things at once, using all sense's, while concentrating on your bani, and it should be an effective way to learn.

Then when your done doing chaupai sahib, do ardas(for whichever bani you read) to guru sahib to help make you kanth in your nitnem.

Practie and laha at the same time :)

• 3 weeks later...

WJKK WJKF

lol, so true :L We learn paath by repeating it every day.

I havent learnt Jaap Sahib or Anand Sahib either, but i will by the time i chakk amrit (hopefully).

May i suggest reading steek (meaning) of paath, it will help you in memorising. I find it hard just to learn meaningless words, but when you know what they mean, it will be easier to remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Gurufateh g its all mahrajs kirpa

japji sahib is the easiest so start with japji sahib sohila sahib than one day here is what i do

repeat one bani over and over and then brea it down

like one day write a stanza (exept the second of jaap sahib one this is long and repetitive so break the second stanza further into part 1 2 and 3)

and say it over and over

the next day repeat ur stanza from memory and do the next one

this is how i learned jaap sahib

u need concentration and knowing each stanza by heart is the only way if u try to learn jaap sahib togather than u get stuck and go around in circles

the other banis just take ding them and learning the meaing that help so so so so much

here is a link this will help if u try to do it from memory and let the audio correct u

this granthis way of repititon is amazing and very shudh it helps a ton

follow the links :)

VJKK VJKF

Get the Nitnem on an MP3, one that rewinds well, then just listen. But really listen, not necessarily understand, just listen so that you can hear ever shabad being pronounced.

Just learn a pauri at a time - it will happen by itself then.

Also, join a Santhia class. Don't be embaressed. Guru ji knows what level you're at, so what difference does it make if others know what level your at.

May Vehaguru bless you with your wish, and what a brilliant wish you have !!!

Gurfateh