Bhangra Singers On Gurdwara Stages?

GurSa Singh

The person who has sacrificed his/her whole or in other words lives after dying is the Gurmukh ParUpkaree (Magnanimous Gurmukh). One who hasn’t done so, one who hasn’t fixed their own mind, whose mind is not attuned fully to Guru’s Word, what can he/she preach to others about Guru’s Word?. Gurmukh Par-UpKaarees do not have to lecture anyone. Their mere sight is enough to incite love for Gursikhee in others. Their exemplary life becomes an aura that spreads it sweet fragrance to all that come in touch.

I agree on the viewpoint that the perception of sikhi and the mode of presentation matters a lot as to the impression that is created on malleable minds.I am a case in Point.Most of My Cousins are Cut Surds and most of them have studied in Khalsa School where most of the students have got into Drugs,gangs and sexual promiscuity .And i hardly got to witness what actually sikhi is like . My perception of Sikhism was limited to Punjabiyat that meant being a Bully , Nourishing a Machismo , Hogging Whisky,Beer and being Bad ie I hope U understand what i mean.Many of them smoke . I came across the true picture of Sikhi on SikhSangat which helped me understand what it actually means to be a Sikh. Many youth are being misled by the perceptions that these Clean shaven Bhangra Artists create and end up emulating them by adopting their Lifestyle..So All people who think that these Bhangra Artists have achieved something however miniscule it may be are Mistaken as these Bandars are distorting Sikhi.