sall

WGJKWGJKF

7 mins is quick.

To put this is perspective Baba Deep Singh did 101 Jap Ji Sahibs a day

@ 25 mins

25 * 101 / 60 = 42hrs

@7 Mins

7mins * 101 / 60 = 11.7 hrs

So Baba Deep Singh must be going at some to to 101 JapJi Sahibs per day ;)

Sant Jarnail Singh some said used loads as well.

Doing Japji Sahib quick in my opinion is not a problem as long as you take something from it.

Oh....if such luminous Sikhs as Baba Deep Singh Ji and Sant Bhindrawale Ji use to do Japji Sahib at a speedy tempo, then paapi's like us can't emulate that. I'll stick with the slow and steady.

Oh....if such luminous Sikhs as Baba Deep Singh Ji and Sant Bhindrawale Ji use to do Japji Sahib at a speedy tempo, then paapi's like us can't emulate that. I'll stick with the slow and steady.

We are not here to emmulate, compete or compare. The point i was making if it works for you then it's all good. Just cause our veer takes 7 mins does not mean he is not doing it correctly. If anyone wants a DVD on how to Bani Shud then message me and I will try and get it to you.

WGJKWGJKF

We are not here to emmulate, compete or compare. The point i was making if it works for you then it's all good. Just cause our veer takes 7 mins does not mean he is not doing it correctly. If anyone wants a DVD on how to Bani Shud then message me and I will try and get it to you.

WGJKWGJKF

I was referring to emulating the speed at which the aforementioned Gurbani was recited - NOT attempting to emulate the great individuals themselves.

What <banned word filter activated> has got happy with the minus button?

Why minus my statement that Giani Thakur Singh's fastish reading of Japji Sahib takes 16/17 minutes?? Has this fact upset someone somehow? I would be fascinated to find out exactly how? Plus who is displeased with my question regarding the meaning of shud bani?

The mind boggles? lol

My guess is some planet pluto bewakoof is 'in effect'.

WJKK WJKF

Guys,firstly ,let's keep the debate lively and positive and stop any bickering.

Secondly I have learnt soemthing new here, where does it say Baba Deep Singh Jee did paath at such speed and the number of counts?? just need to be enlightened about that.

Thirdly , proctocol is crstal clear || which means pause reflect and then move on, I cannot believe Baba Deep Singh Jee breaking such protocol.

Thirdly , proctocol is crstal clear || which means pause reflect and then move on, I cannot believe Baba Deep Singh Jee breaking such protocol.

This is an interesting point and I was reflecting on this the other day. I had these thoughts:

Right now many of us are probably at a stage where we are trying to learn the correct pronunciation of bani and also the arth. The two develop at different paces in my experiences, with pronunciation developing faster than knowledge of interpretation (arth) especially as the arths are frequently of great depth.

Now lets hypothetically fast forward a few years from now, imagine a time when (with nadar) we gain some mastery of pronunciation and have also committed a good standard of arth to memory.

At that time, what will the experience of naam/reciting bani be like? Would I be wrong in imagining reading it relatively fast and having like a flood of 'arthic' related cognitions taking place as I read? So it would be like a mental/spiritual journey covering many things. I mean we can sometimes experience part of this journey now with what we can understand, so how would it feel when we can understand it much more and have much more practice (abiyaas) of it?

I don't know if that is expressed well enough to make any sense to anyone? Or maybe I've got it wrong?

PS - I know bani is something we will be able to study our whole lives and get new understandings from so I don't think we ever get static in our comprehension/experience of it.

Then there is also the whole metaphysical element of continuously doing bhagti for sustained periods (if we get nadar).

Must be a serious experience! It's probably the 'indescribable' one alluded to in Gurbani?

I mean I know I've sort of 'intellectualised' it a bit here but I do know that it breaks through this 'intellectual' limitation/conceptualisation.

This probably when you can experience deep naam at lightening speed.