[resolved] Taksal Misrepresented On Wikipedia

11Gurus1Jot

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

PLEASE NOTE THIS ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN SORTED!

THIS ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN SORTED!

Mrs Oberoi lies have now been removed.

This issue has now been sorted !

Please note the misrepresentation on Wikipedia is not Wikipedia's fault. It's the fault of whoever posted the article to Wikipedia. Please read on....

Could anybody with a love for the taksal please look at the Wikipedia Article on Damdami Taksal. It seems to totally misrepresent the taksal saying it was not associated to, or initiated by, the Tenth Master Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaaj. It refers to some conjecture put 'out there' by some individual called 'Oberoi' who almost tries to remove the taksal from history itself, by saying no Sikh work on religion, history, or society eludes to this body (he refers to the taksal as 'this body').

If there are any knowledgeable Sikhs out there who respect the taksal which Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaaj entrusted to Mahan Warrior Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji, then please have a look at this article. Apparently it's just the 'world in general/anybody' that puts the information on Wikipedia. So if there are knowledgeable Sikhs out there, who are Techies too, then please re-write the article.

There's an article on Sikhipedia which is truthful and seems to be much much more accurate and respectful. May be the Wikipedia Article should be much closer to the Sikhipedia Article.

I'd change it myself but I just haven't got the knowledge on Sikhi like the taksali's have. So it's best a taksali changes it.

This is the honest/truthful article, most likely posted by a educated Singh on Sikhipedia

http://www.sikhiwiki.../Damdami_taksal

Let me repeat, Wikipedia have made no errors here (it's probably just some poor uneducated soul posting the article, thinking they were doing a good turn)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

It refers to some conjecture put 'out there' by some individual called 'Oberoi' who almost tries to remove the taksal from history itself, by saying no Sikh work on religion, history, or society eludes to this body (he refers to the taksal as 'this body').

oberoi is an <banned word filter activated>, who nevermind taksal, has tried to dilute sikhi and present it as a wishywashy hotchpotch of beliefs that are more hindufied.

oberoi is an <banned word filter activated>, who nevermind taksal, has tried to dilute sikhi and present it as a wishywashy hotchpotch of beliefs that are more hindufied.

Thanks for letting me know. I am new to this site but if you know any Singh's who can correct the Wikipedia post please ask them to rectify the lies Mrs Oberio's partner in crime posted on to Wikipedia.

We need some Singhs to get on to this pretty soon. Or a Sikh internet body.