Suicide

mundasingh123

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Khalsa

If u commt suicide u will go to limbo for eterninty and it is described as no man's land

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Oooer, Don't think so. Where is Limbo in the Guru Granth Sahib? Limbo is a Roman Catholic teaching. wacko.gif

You cannot escape karma. You get shoved right back into the body and have to go through it all again.

Oooer, Don't think so. Where is Limbo in the Guru Granth Sahib? Limbo is a Roman Catholic teaching. wacko.gif

You cannot escape karma. You get shoved right back into the body and have to go through it all again.

Whilst there isn't a 'limbo' in the Christian (or RC) sense of the word as you ably pointed out, there is a "state between states" whereby the spirit is capable of wandering. Its why we have ghosts or evil spirits who can't let go of the life that has just finished (or they are unable to move on because they're obsessed with the life just ended (i.e. "All that money I accumulated during life - what will happen to it? I need to stick around to make sure its safe" or "I was very close to a relative of mine. I need to stay with him or her - I don't want to leave") OR someone has messed around with their remains for purposes of....well you know).

There is a certain resting phase that a soul goes through after a life. A time for recollection and contemplation. Its a period during which the soul is asked whether it achieved everything it was meant to during the previous lifetime. Remember, the soul cannot lie or cover it's tracks for a sinful life. Lying, hiding, etc., are all human or corporeal constructs. That's not to say some souls don't try it on because they're still thinking like humans. Little do they know that every truth and every lie, every good thought and every evil thought has been recorded. Transparency is the key - our inner-most secrets (when alive) are no longer secrets.

Only the Truth shall be spoken in the afterlife - whether it hurts or not. If lessons are still to be learnt by the soul, then yes it is time to take birth in another body and attempt to continue the journey of learning.

In life as in death, some peope are quicker to realise the truth than others. If a soul realises there's no fighting the inevitable, it will enter another body pretty quickly. If a soul resists the process, then it takes longer. But one way or another the resisting soul will need to realise of its own volition why it NEEDS to take another rebirth, i.e. what did I do wrong in my previous life so that I've got to go through it all again?

Its not an 'in-out and then in again' process.

For the original poster I'll say this. Now (on this world) your life seems like the be-all-and-end-all. Suicide seems like a sweet release from your problems. But when you do leave this world after committing suicide, you'll come to realise what an absolutely huge mistake you made. Once you see the bigger picture and you've temporarily relieved yourself from the cycle of birth and death, you'll realise what you've done. There is always, always a way out of human problems. The problem is that the solution is sometimes very difficult. Suicide is unthinkable - it really is.

Sikhi and the bhagti path is al about accepting hukam gracefully and living in Truth. One who commits suicide is denying gods hukam, why else did the gurus and sants go through torture rather than give up?

By denying the hukam you are denying your karma and writing your own story, and accumulating so much more karma.

People who commit suicide are put in hell, giving up this precious janam we have worked through 8.4 million lifeforms really doesn't show much common sense.